Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo vs Lawrence Taylor

BIGOLEBOB

why with a name like Bonecrusher do you have a sig with those teen idols The Jonas Brothers? isn't that sacreligious?:hysterical:

Isn't that the "Mmm Bop do wha do" kids from the early 90s? :hysterical: (I don't remember their name.)

Anyway this whole thread is sacreligous. Next.

Close this thread. Im not even reading it. Orakpo played well but cmon now. We're coming from a perspective we've had not pass rusher since Bruce smith in 2000 (10 sacks) and Charles Mann back in 1991. One preseason game does not a career make.

well not comparing him to anybody here, but Orakpo had his name mentioned it seemed like a hundred times tonight. He should have had 1 sack but the QB ditched the ball. Sam Huff said it was grounding but it wasn';t called. On another play he might have had a sack but the tackle was holding him Redskins declined that penalty because it was 4th down. and then he also chase down the quarterback who ran with theball for 2 yards.

Orakpo was a demon out there and that was laying TWO different positions. It should be interesting once Haynesworth gets in there. Because then the offnese won't be focused on Orakpo anymore and perhaps he can run free. I will be shocked if Orakpo doesn't get 7-8 sacks in his rookie season.

well not comparing him to anybody here, but Orakpo had his name mentioned it seemed like a hundred times tonight. He should have had 1 sack but the QB ditched the ball. Sam Huff said it was grounding but it wasn';t called. On another play he might have had a sack but the tackle was holding him Redskins declined that penalty because it was 4th down. and then he also chase down the quarterback who ran with theball for 2 yards.

Orakpo was a demon out there and that was laying TWO different positions. It should be interesting once Haynesworth gets in there. Because then the offnese won't be focused on Orakpo anymore and perhaps he can run free. I will be shocked if Orakpo doesn't get 7-8 sacks in his rookie season.

He did nothing at the Lb position to really impress me..But as a pass rusher he was mad man

WELL, this was such a good topic I thought to myself "why let it die".

Heard Zorn say today when asked about Orakpo that he WOULD HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF SACKS if they hadn't been holding him.

Actually ONE holding play on him was declined because it was 4th down. So heres the deal. As in the original data I posted, Taylor had a couple of sacks his first game and that was a good sign. But despite that Orakpo did not sneak into the league like Taylor I think EVERYBODY was aware of ORAKPO and therefore they were determined not to let him get the QB. Plus, its not Brian's fault that he is so good people have to cheat and hold him.

I think the refs will be watching more closely this week and lets see if Pitt can stop him but it may not be a bad idea at this point to begin the comparison in physical ability to Taylor because Orakpo got off to a similar start and he looks like the real deal.

Archived