Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

haithman

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/aug/10/1-dead-in-camarillo-crash/

A motorcyclist was killed Monday in a collision with a motor home on Highway 101’s Conejo Grade after he slowed rapidly in front of the recreational vehicle in an apparent road-rage incident, authorities said.

The motorcyclist, a 57-year-old Ventura man, was killed about 12:22 p.m. on southbound Highway 101 near Camarillo Springs Road when he collided with a roughly 30-foot motor home driven by Michael Antoine, 68, of Thousand Oaks, said Officer Terry Uhrich of the California Highway Patrol’s Moorpark office.

Probably not the smartest thing to do...

If you are pissed on the road, dont mess with bigger cars than you.

The guy deserved it 100%. If a motorcyclist did that to me, I'd do what the RV man did. Show him who has the bigger vehicle. Too bad he cant learn from his mistake.

About nine years ago I had a pack of crotch rockets trying to get in my lane in traffic on Fairfax County Parkway, so one of them shot in front of me, slowed to a crawl and waited for his buddies to get in front of him, then sped up.

Let's just say I was less than pleased and counted to 10 before I acted on impulse to ride his ass for a mile and dare him to brake-check me.

There are too many douchebags that ride motorcycles and what those douchebags need to understand is, they don't have the same protection that someone with four wheels and four sides has. I don't have a problem with motorcyclists in general, but the ones that display signs and stickers acting like they're entitled to more rights on the road than anyone else bother me.

i wish it said cyclist instead of motorcyclist.

This is what I was hoping it said:

The entire Dallas Cowbays football team was killed Monday when their team bus collided with a motor home on Highway 101’s Conejo Grade after it slowed rapidly in front of the recreational vehicle in an apparent road-rage incident, authorities said.

53 palyers, five coaches, and THE OWNER were killed about 12:22 p.m. on southbound Highway 101 near Camarillo Springs Road when the bus collided with a roughly 30-foot motor home driven by Michael Antoine, 68, of Thousand Oaks, said Officer Terry Uhrich of the California Highway Patrol’s Moorpark office.

Just kidding of course.

This happened near where I live. I don't believe this is true, and neither did the driver who hit him. I'm convinced the motor-cyclist made a fatal error and mis-judged something, or he had a mechanical breakdown. I can't believe someone would get to that age and figure it was worth it just to teach the car a lesson.

the bigger vehicle always wins. I cut off a motorcycle once and he came in front of me and was starting to break constantly in front of me. I pissed him off but coming in front me and braking would only get him killed. I just switched lanes and he drove away.

Once traffic had to stop on the highway and the roadway was slick. I was in the left lane and the cycle was in the right. I was braking and so was the cycle. The bike slid and the biker started to slid to. He was able to get control of the cycle but he slid near my car and I thought I was going to run him over.

There are too many douchebags that ride motorcycles and what those douchebags need to understand is, they don't have the same protection that someone with four wheels and four sides has. I don't have a problem with motorcyclists in general, but the ones that display signs and stickers acting like they're entitled to more rights on the road than anyone else bother me.

Those people acquired that attitude due to the asshats that drive cars. 90% of drivers don't respect riders. I see it every day. I don't ride myself, but I came up in a family of riders, so the importance of being safe on and around bikes in motion was drilled into me from an early age. The riders that are, in fact, douchebags: Darwin takes care of them for us. ;) (They are usually riding Kawasuckis, Yamaha-ha-has, etc.)

Those people acquired that attitude due to the asshats that drive cars. 90% of drivers don't respect riders. I see it every day. I don't ride myself, but I came up in a family of riders, so the importance of being safe on and around bikes in motion was drilled into me from an early age. The riders that are, in fact, douchebags: Darwin takes care of them for us. ;) (They are usually riding Kawasuckis, Yamaha-ha-has, etc.)

90% of drivers don't respect other drivers, IMO. But the douchebag riders I see are almost always on Harleys. The guys on crotch rockets may be dumb and reckless half the time, they don't have half the "**** you, I'm on a Harley" attitude that I see. (Not saying all Harley owners are like that)

Archived