Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

buy sean taylors draft day jersey??

grego

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAN-TAYLORS-DRAFT-DAY-JERSEY-AUTHENTIC-1-OF-A-KIND_W0QQitemZ180395694388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item2a006bd934&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i cant imagine this is the real deal. as little as i know about e bay, a few things stand out. the seller has no history, the background story is missing the part about about how they came into possession of the jersey, and the part about the previous winner being a scammer- so they are 'putting it back up for auction'- makes me think twice.

pretty sure mark the homer can authenticate or debunk this one.

thoughts?

I am always leery of ebayers with zero feedback....

It doesn't take much to buy a blank jersey and sew numbers and letters on...

In fact, here's an ebay listing for Sean Taylor's name and numbers that get sewn on to any jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAN-TAYLOR-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-AUTHENTIC-NUMBER-KIT_W0QQitemZ120275451730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item1c00f9bf52&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

buyer beware, but I am going to be curious about other replies to the OP.

Also due to other financial obligations, this is sort of a last resort for his mother, Donna Junor to help herself and Sean's other two siblings with financial difficulties they've been faced with. All proceeds from this auction will go directly to help support Sean's mother.

I thought this was mind boggling. You mean to tell me that a pro-bowl player had no life insurance policy to cover his family for life? He really was a moron if not. How about the millions he made prior?

I think it's fake as well.

if you look on the pic that says (03-44), you would realize that this means the year and the size. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "with the 5th pick in the 2004 draft, the Washington Redskins select Sean Taylor, safety, University of Miami." Sean wasn't on the team in 2003. Sorry buddy, nice try.
Not to defend the Ebayer, but it would make sense for the Skins to use a 2003 jersey with the #1 on it, and add the player drafted name to it after the fact for the press conference. This jersey was only used in the introductory press conference prior to the 2004 season. Not saying this is legit, but it is possible.

All I can do is try to find something wrong with the jersey, and I don't see anything wrong.

The only thing that might be questionable that I can see is the name on back. Haynesworth, for example, had his name heat pressed, and Taylor's jersey letters look sewn. But that doesn't mean they were not originally sewn.

I don't see anything glaringly wrong. It might be legit.

All I can do is try to find something wrong with the jersey, and I don't see anything wrong.

The only thing that might be questionable that I can see is the name on back. Haynesworth, for example, had his name heat pressed, and Taylor's jersey letters look sewn. But that doesn't mean they were not originally sewn.

I don't see anything glaringly wrong. It might be legit.

Hmmmm *watches bids to start going up from the ES crowd* :D

"Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 – November 27, 2007) was an American football free safety who played for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. Taylor was drafted in the first round (fifth overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Redskins. He played college football at the University of Miami, where he helped lead the Hurricanes to a national championship in 2001. Due to his ferocious style of hitting, several of his pro teammates nicknamed him "Meast," a reference to "half man, half beast."[ Among his many football accomplishments, Taylor was widely considered one of the hardest-hitting defensive secondary players in the NFL.<...>"

^^^ Copied and pasted from Sean Taylor's Wikipedia entry

"For anyone who has ever lost someone close to them, you understand that one of the most difficult parts of the process is deciding what to do with their material possessions. It almost intensifies the grieving process.

[...]as we approach the two-year anniversary of his death, we thought it would be meaningful if fans could have a chance to own something of Sean's."

^^^ Copied and pasted directly from Sean Taylor's official tribute site from when his cars were auctioned, modifying "one-year" to "two-year".

I call shenanigans.

Archived