Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

buy sean taylors draft day jersey??

grego

Ok guys heres your answer.

I asked him that if he didn't mind to please tell me why he ended the auction early.

His response:

Dear washrskins,

As I previously stated, after seeing all the doubts and comments

in regards to this auction I felt that it was only right to end the

auction early and go about it a different way. Not saying that Im

not going to put it back on e-bay, but this listing was a last

minute thing that I just threw together without any professional

help. Also, to answer other questions that I've seen posted in the

threads. As for the JO Sports selling the same jersey, yes I

contacted them a while back to get some sort of value of this

Jersey and to see which route we should take in selling it. They

advised me that since this Jersey is not a game worn Jersey then

it wouldnt sell anymore than $500 because Sean's game worn

Jersey were only selling for $1500. Thereafter I explained that

with my aunt and she told me that she rather take her chances

and see whether or not it would sell for more on ebay. So this

sort of verifies the reason why were skeptical about sending this

Jersey off to just any dealer. JO sports is saying it would only sale

for $500 but now it seems like he's offered it to others for

thousands! Secondly, as for why I havent contacted anyone from

the redskins about this jersey, well I have, I've called and e-

mailed Dennis Greene in regards to this Jersey and what we

could possibly do, but I never received a response. On the other

hand, no disrespect to some of my other family members, but

after Sean's death, many of them went their separate ways so it

sort of raises the question of what were their purpose because

I'm doing my best to help my aunt. Thirdly, I've been in contact

with CP from time to time but he's always changing his number

and I really didnt want to involve him in this matter to much do

to the fact that this is more of a family matter and he has a new

born and a family that he has to take care of, but if any of you

have access to CP, you're more than welcome to contact him and

ask him about me.

- aesigma1914

Personally I believe him, I think this could of been done better, but I believe him.

Ok guys heres your answer.

I asked him that he if didn't mind to please tell me why he ended the auction early.

His response:

Personally I believe him, I think this could of been done better, but I believe him.

I think you did an awesome job following this up FWIW.

Damn Mark. Maybe one of us should have got it months ago when I sent you that link. :)
Yeah. I assumed it would have been out of my price range :doh:
JO Sports NEVER gave me a price for the jersey, only that they had access to it. Please correct him, and let him know that. I speculated that if listed properly, it MAY sell for several thousand.

Maybe that's why he pulled it...

Not sure if you collect jerseys, but... I do. I have quite a few. And more than half of them don't have any documentation. And all of them are legit.

Unless you're buying the jersey as an investment, which I would hope not, it's not really important to have documentation - because the documentation itself could be fraudulent, or simply in error. For example, how do you know the guy that did the certifying is any smarter or knowledgeable than you are?

As a collector, what's important, I think, is that YOU believe it's real. If YOU believe it's legit, that is all that matters.

If this jersey was given to Sean, I don't know why they'd also give him some kind of certification. Why bother? Sean knows it's real.

So - this jersey without certification does not imply it is fake, in my opinion.

I do not collect jersey's and I do see your point where it may be hard to obtain a COA, but if this was in fact the cousin of Sean Taylor, you would think it would be relatively easy to get a certified letter or notorized document by ST's mother. Grant it, he may be selling it without her knowledge.

I just know, I personally would not risk purchasing an item of this type unless I was 100% sure it was real. Which, you are right it is all in the eye's of the buyer, but for me personally I would need some sort of documentation showing authenticity.

Thanks for the information on Jersey collecting MTH, I would love to have a jersey collection (so far only Horton and Portis), but the funds don't allow this.

Interesting how the auction is now ended. Wonder what happened.

HTTR.

I just can't imagine they were willing to let it go for $500. What a sweet pickup that would have been.

Maybe a player did get a hold of him but I think he just wised up and could see the fault's in the listing.

Just wish they didn't have to sell it, I bet the daughter would love to have it we she becomes an adult.

would any of you bid on it? I'd pay 300-370 range. I mean I paid 300 after taxes for my authentic Portis jersey and it doesn't have the cut that I want. If I didn't like it I'd resell it or just take it as a lost

dang. an actual draft day jersey would be worth alot more than any authentic, in my book, because of its 'one of a kind-ness'.

i'm now thinking it was legit after thinking it was bogus since i clicked on it.

thanks bishtw, mark and others for following up with it. :cheers:

0 feedback and first sale on ebay...someone should report this ass.

i'm not quite sure what you think other seller's ebay accounts start off with, but to my knowledge, if it's your first item you've listed for sale then 10 times out of 10, you're going to have 0 feedback, so with that being said choose your words carefully, or should we just go ahead and report every "ass" on ebay with a 0 feedback!

Well since I've been receiving a lot a negative feedback from some of you guys I've decided to join this site, although I'm already a member of redskinsheads.com, to address all of the criticism and doubts you guys may have!

Welcome aboard!

JO Sports contacted me a while back and asked If I had interest in the jersey. I actually do, BUT, when they offered it to me, red flags went off because I know that jersey was listed many months back (apparently by yourself). There was doubt in my mind as to WHO had the real jersey, so I didn't even bother to inquire further about it.

Apparently it's the SAME jersey! Although I have interest in the jersey, I think you could go another route and get some good $$$ for that - more then I'd be willing to pay. I won't even bother trying to make an offer on it, but I'll wish you good luck in getting top dollar from the sale. If you market it correctly, I definitely think you could get $2-4000, maybe even more. Just a guess.

Good luck in the sale!

i thought this was mind boggling. You mean to tell me that a pro-bowl player had no life insurance policy to cover his family for life? He really was a moron if not. How about the millions he made prior?

I think it's fake as well.

after reading this thread, i really didnt know how to respond given the fact that you addressed my cousin as a moron! But you know what, i'm going to keep my composure and address you accordingly and with respect. First off, i'm going to keep this short and simple! (1) sean's life insurance didnt go to his mother (2) the millions he made prior and everything along with it was tied up in his estate, "they" not "us" sold all of sean's belongings and since he didnt have a signed will everything went to baby jackie!

sean taylor didn't attend the actual nfl draft day. He was at home with his family, watching on t.v.

taylor04.jpg

you're right he didnt attend the actual draft, he was in keywest with the fam! Also, in this pic starting from (l) to ® is sasha-his sister, donna-his mother, sean, and mrs. Clark-his grandmother!

"sean taylor (april 1, 1983 – november 27, 2007) was an american football free safety who played for the washington redskins of the national football league. Taylor was drafted in the first round (fifth overall) of the 2004 nfl draft by the redskins. He played college football at the university of miami, where he helped lead the hurricanes to a national championship in 2001. Due to his ferocious style of hitting, several of his pro teammates nicknamed him "meast," a reference to "half man, half beast."[ among his many football accomplishments, taylor was widely considered one of the hardest-hitting defensive secondary players in the nfl.<...>"

^^^ copied and pasted from sean taylor's wikipedia entry

"for anyone who has ever lost someone close to them, you understand that one of the most difficult parts of the process is deciding what to do with their material possessions. It almost intensifies the grieving process.

[...]as we approach the two-year anniversary of his death, we thought it would be meaningful if fans could have a chance to own something of sean's."

^^^ copied and pasted directly from sean taylor's official tribute site from when his cars were auctioned, modifying "one-year" to "two-year".

I call shenanigans.

as i stated before, this listing wasnt done professional. Truth be told, i'm against the whole auction of the draft jersey, but im willing to help my aunt out in anyway possible, therefore i just threw something together in a matter of minutes and posted it on ebay!

didn't snyder pay the rest of his k to his family?? So how can they be out of $$ according to the ebay dude??

dont know where you got your info from, maybe you need to check your source! The media will put out anything they feel is legit without having any insight on what's really going on!

that twitter page, man. I wouldn't do business with that guy in a million years.

my twitter page and personal life has nothing to do with this listing. I posted the jersey on ebay for my aunt and 100% of the proceeds all go to her. Have a question for you though! If you were judged by your peers or colleagues by what you do in your personal life, do you think they would still look at you the same?

not sure if you collect jerseys, but... I do. I have quite a few. And more than half of them don't have any documentation. And all of them are legit.

Unless you're buying the jersey as an investment, which i would hope not, it's not really important to have documentation - because the documentation itself could be fraudulent, or simply in error. For example, how do you know the guy that did the certifying is any smarter or knowledgeable than you are?

As a collector, what's important, i think, is that you believe it's real. If you believe it's legit, that is all that matters.

If this jersey was given to sean, i don't know why they'd also give him some kind of certification. Why bother? Sean knows it's real.

So - this jersey without certification does not imply it is fake, in my opinion.

i couldn't have said it any better!

Archived