Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

buy sean taylors draft day jersey??

grego

man... if he could verify it, i wonder how much it would go for

Another reason to possibly be skeptical. You'd think that if the family had this jersey, they could promote the fact that they're selling it and raise some serious cash, rather than having someone with zero selling history sell it on ebay.

I have no idea whether it's legit, but there are way too many red flags for me.

Another reason to possibly be skeptical. You'd think that if the family had this jersey, they could promote the fact that they're selling it and raise some serious cash, rather than having someone with zero selling history sell it on ebay.

I have no idea whether it's legit, but there are way too many red flags for me.

This is what gets me. If this is real, why sell it unverified on ebay for $150? You could potentially make thousands for that jersey if you were to sell it publicly.

It just doesn't make sense.

TK sent me this a while back...

http://redskinsheads.trufan.com/news_hype/56575/165571

If you click on the profile of the redskins heads member, he claims to be a cousin of Sean Taylor. He apparently is not challenged, in that regard, by the redskinsheads members.

If you study the photo of the jersey on redskinsheads, it has creases on the #1 on the back that match the creases in the #1 on the eBay photo.

And if you really look close on Seans Draft picture with Gibbs you DO see that same crease in that same location.

Does the seller's reply (I posted it on page 3) change or reenforce anyones mind?

Ehhhh...neither? The whole situation is just illogical. If it is legit and this is the family selling it to raise funds..why is it being done by a 0 feedback cousin in a poorly written, low key ebay auction? It would make far more sense to promote it..maybe auction it with the team. Or at least have something done that is a lot more..professional. When they sold his cars they did a whole page on the St tribute website and advertised it and everything..if this is legit you'd think it would go for a pretty penny. If the jersey is legit, the way they are going about selling it just doesn't make sense.

It's looking more and more like the jersey itself is real... something is still rubbing me wrong about the auction though...the whole process here is...off.

Ok, and if it's the real deal, then great. But I'd be instantly skeptical when the person calls it a "draft day jersey" when the player didn't attend the draft. Maybe it's just a careless error, but it would be enough to make me think twice about bidding on it.
This is what you'd call a diamond in the rough. And that's where the real deals are found. And also where a lot of money is thrown away.
MTH, have you come accross fake 'gamers' in the past?
tag search: counterfeit gamers

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=287769

Does the seller's reply (I posted it on page 3) change or reenforce anyones mind?
I'm still neutral.
This is what gets me. If this is real, why sell it unverified on ebay for $150? You could potentially make thousands for that jersey if you were to sell it publicly.

...because the cousin is unschooled on how to get value out of something like this.

Not saying it's legit. Just saying I don't see evidence that it is not legit.

As a collector, what's important, I think, is that YOU believe it's real. If YOU believe it's legit, that is all that matters.

I totally agree...except when there is only one in the world. And of course you pay a lot of money for it. I have tons of autographs that I believe are real...and if one or two were proven to be fake than so be it. If I bought this jersey and found out it was fake I would be extremely deflated.

Perhaps its stolen? Someone has to get CP or Tana to get in touch with Sean's family. That seems to be the only way to validate it.

Or maybe send an email to the official tribute (auction) site...

If its real, someones getting one hell of a deal. If you have the money, its worth paying that little amount, just because of the possibility.. Even if its fake, its still almost worth the price..

Well, to be fair, I let the seller know I posted his reply here on ES so others could judge if he was telling the turth or not and gave him a link to this thread. I also asked him amount the money raised by the Redskins when they sell Sean's Jesey's and other #21 items I thought the profits were suppose to go to help the family therefore why the need to sell his personal things. He sent me two emails. I'm posting both below with his permission.

His 2nd response,

Dear washrskins,

thanks for the help and support but as for the fund that has

been set up in Sean's name, all those proceeds go to Baby

Jackie, not the family itself and given that jackie is only 3yrs.

old, no one can touch any of sean's estate except for her when

she's 18 or Jackie, but she has to subpoena the court to do so

and it can only benefit the baby, no one else. So, there's sort of

an insight as to why things are the way the are, some people

think that my aunt received thousands or even millions but in

actuality all she received was the car sean purchased before his

death and the townhouse she purchased after sean's death.

that's all!

- aesigma1914

His 3rd response

Dear washrskins,

I've noticed that a lot of people on the extremeskins website has

doubts about me or the jersey. Well, here's my profile on

redskinsheads.com that shows me and my family (taylor fam) as

well as the game that the redskins flew us up to in dc for the

ring of honor

game. http://redskinsheads.trufan.com/profile/56575 can you

please post this in that thread! thanks

- aesigma1914

Well, to be fair, I let the seller know I posted his reply here on ES so others could judge if he was telling the turth or not and gave him a link to this thread. <snip>

Ask him why this isn't being sold in a more official/professional manner. It seems like if this is legit that he is doing the family a disservice by unloading it in the manner he is.

I'm pretty sure he ended the auction himself.

If this is legit, he's smart to do so. He can make a lot more money for the family doing it the right way. A 0 feedback, no reserve, unadvertised, low start auction on eBay doesn't make sense.

Good for him.

If done right (even though I wouldn't pay it), I'd imagine that jersey going for several thousand dollars.

Me personally, I'd rather have a gamer from Sean.

I'm still wondering WTF JO Sports was trying to sell me........

I think the first go around it only realized $400 or something - that was many months ago

Archived