Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Brown Reveals Rams' Haynesworth Strategy

mnb123

Well, folks, better prepare for a "hurry-up" offense from the Rams.

Hurry up & give the ball to jackson for 2 yards.

Hurry up & have Bulger throw incomplete to an out-of position Donnie Avery (who will be rusty from his just-sustained knee injury).

Hurry up & watch Bulger get sacked by Orakpo for -9 yards.

Hurry up & get the punt unit on the field.

Should be quick fun to watch.

:hysterical::hysterical: I like this! Yes hurry Rams!

Anyone else think Haynesworth is just going to destroy everything and anything this year? I think he gets DPOY.

Haynesworth is going to PROVE he is worth the money and is going to try and show people he is one of the best DT to EVER play the game...high goals and I can't wait to watch him try and achieve them.

LOL.....I love that a team that isnt even in our division is already gameplanning against a player on our team.

Im pretty sure that proves big Al's worth before he even plays a down.

What's so strange about gameplanning against a team that is on your schedule? Divisional rivals or not, you have to be ready.

Man what a secret....Mr. Brown i got news for you Fat Albert is use to playing against the colts twice a year and last time i checked they constantly run no huddle and sre the best in the league at it. So i think he will be just fine.

Lol did he actually play against them? I mean isn't Hayesnworth the guy who has never played 16 games in his career?

What's so strange about gameplanning against a team that is on your schedule? Divisional rivals or not, you have to be ready.

Lol did he actually play against them? I mean isn't Hayesnworth the guy who has never played 16 games in his career?

It's odd to gameplan for a team this early. They face 5 opponents between now and when they come to FedEx Field.

Yes, he played against the Colts.

for real, never heard of him.

Jason Brown is a stud. I'll attach his souts inc scouting report below. In my opinion, the biggest mistake we made in the offseason was not signing him. We are small and weak at center and our interior OL is not reliable. All that being said, WTF was Jason Brown thinking. I am SO happy that he made those comments. I think the Rams game could easily be another trap game for us. They are strong in the interior line, Jason Smith matches up well with Orakpo on paper,and if anyone knows how to shred our O-line with stunts and blitzes it is Spagnuolo. Now our D will be coming in fired up for sure and playing lights out. I look for Haynesworth to utterly destroy the Rams. I just hope we can either score some defensive touchdown's, or muster a little offense.

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 77 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Brown was a mainstay on the Ravens' offensive line for the past three seasons. He has an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism. He works well with a low center of gravity to anchor effectively versus powerful bull rushers as well as getting movement off the line as a run-blocker. He has good pop and power initially to engage defenders as well as powerful leg drive at the point of attack. He is an instinctive player who understands leverage, angles and body positioning. He is best to short set defenders as a pass-blocker and can clog up the middle on combination blocking schemes. He will struggle at times with quicker interior stunters, when he is blocking one-on-one. He isn't always effective to chip up to the second level and stay connected to moving targets. He is a tough hard-nosed player who finishes well and brings attitude to the offensive line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?playerId=8538

This certainly isn't helping the Rams cause at all. Their offense is already going to be overmatched by our defense. Why don't they give Haynesworth some extra motivation, just to be sure they get their ass whooped.

We'll see how tired Big Al gets when the Ram offense goes 3 and out every time.

As over matched as last year when we let them march down the field and kick a game winning field goal as a winless team?

Jason Brown is a stud. I'll attach his souts inc scouting report below. In my opinion, the biggest mistake we made in the offseason was not signing him. We are small and weak at center and our interior OL is not reliable.

I was also advocating this... It is still to be decided whether it was a good idea to put most of our FA eggs in the Haynesworth basket. Is he worth the starting C, DT and RT we could have signed for his $40 million guaranteed? Only time will tell... Would've been nice to add Brown at C, the DT the Giants signed and a dependable RT...

I think I would prefer the 3 players. Of course, I haven't seen Haynesworth blow up the opposing offense yet... :)

I was also advocating this... It is still to be decided whether it was a good idea to put most of our FA eggs in the Haynesworth basket. Is he worth the starting C, DT and RT we could have signed for his $40 million guaranteed? Only time will tell... Would've been nice to add Brown at C, the DT the Giants signed and a dependable RT...
1- What RT was available to sign?

2- Our defense has lacked any serious push up the middle since Griffin had an arguably Pro Bowl year in 2004. Which is a huge part of why our DEs never get consistent pressure and our blitzes fail, and in turn, a big part of our overall lack of a pass rush. Canty hasn't played in a 4-3 since high school. He's not a sure thing that would have been our answer at DT.

Thought this article was worth posting simply because of Zorn's response:

"Thats Awesome. What a great strategy"

hahaha I really do like Zorn.

Let's say running the hurry-up really does neutralize Haynesworth to some degree--now teams are trying to win by running the hurry up for an entire game? Against our D (with or without Big Al)? Good luck with that.

Especially if you have Marc Bulger under center throwing to... uh... whoever he throws to.

It's not like it's even a brilliant approach to stopping Haynesworth. Keep up the tempo and don't allow the big guys to rest, and they get worn down. No kidding. I'm sure other teams have tried it before, namely, as somebody else already, Peyton Manning and the Colts.

It's not like it doesn't get hot in the AFC South either. I'm sure Haynesworth knows how to play in hot weather.

Archived