Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Kendall anyone?

warriorz

Looking back on the entire game. That is the single play that cost us the game imho. It isnt narrow at all. I also do see the point of those who blame Torrence.

That was a once in a lifetime play that says nothing about his ability to block.I would love to have Kendall back as backup or a spot starter if needed .

That was a once in a lifetime play that says nothing about his ability to block.I would love to have Kendall back as backup or a spot starter if needed .

Play aside, his blocking was always suspect. Decent back-up or depth player, but definitely not starting material imho. He is an "ok" guard, but can't play anything else. Heck I'm not sure if he could even play right guard. I believe he is nothing but a left guard.

Looking back on the entire game. That is the single play that cost us the game imho. It isnt narrow at all. I also do see the point of those who blame Torrence.

I said before that no one player lost the game, but it's absolutely indisputable that Torrence was the WR who was beaten on a long pass to get the Rams into FG range to win the game. The 'Skins were in the lead at that point.

It took them a while, but even after the Kendall debacle, they re-took the lead.

They fumbled 3 times inside the Rams 30. Kendall once, and then I believe Portis and Cooly. That's as few as 9 but as many as 21 potential points off the board on those three turnovers.

Play aside, his blocking was always suspect. Decent back-up or depth player, but definitely not starting material imho. He is an "ok" guard, but can't play anything else. Heck I'm not sure if he could even play right guard. I believe he is nothing but a left guard.

He was the most consistent blocker all year. Rabach was doing an impression of a matador, Thomas was hurt, Samuels ended the year on IR, Heyer lost his starting RT job to Jansen, who was just pittiful.

I do not see Kendall back with the skins.

A few days ago I was listening to Sirius nfl radio, Jim Miller was relaying a conversation he had with Kendall. Miller said they talked about the 2 and 6 second half, and Kendall thought the problem was the skins were unable to expand the offence from week to week. He said the reason they were unable to expand the O, was because JC could not handle it.

You can call 1 800 nfl kick and talk to Miller, or send him an e-mail at Sirius.

Pete would probably be our best option at RT at this point as well. Has he signed anywhere else?

At RT? Are you kidding us? Why not resign Cory Raymer for RT? Or Tre Johnson? Or Shar PoundOfFlesh?

I'm all for Kendall signing for the vet min (and I'm pretty sure he's on the Skins' emergency FA list, thus Zorn's call when they got Dock), but for guard. No more experiments, please, Buges.

A few days ago I was listening to Sirius nfl radio, Jim Miller was relaying a conversation he had with Kendall. Miller said they talked about the 2 and 6 second half, and Kendall thought the problem was the skins were unable to expand the offence from week to week. He said the reason they were unable to expand the O, was because JC could not handle it.

You can call 1 800 nfl kick and talk to Miller, or send him an e-mail at Sirius.

This does not surprise me in the least.

And therein lay all the trade talk and attempts.

He was the most consistent blocker all year. Rabach was doing an impression of a matador, Thomas was hurt, Samuels ended the year on IR, Heyer lost his starting RT job to Jansen, who was just pittiful.

+1 He was our best lineman last year and I would be glad to have him back in any role.

Well, fortifying the line with older players is better than not fortifying at all. I guess it will come down to roster spots. If we have room for him we should pick him up.

Samuels(1), Dockery(2), Rabach(3), Rhinehart(4), Heyer(5) and Bridges(6) all definitely make it. BMW(7) probably makes it based on the injury hx of Samuels and Heyer and because Bridges may be needed at guard. Randy Thomas(8) obviously makes the team unless he goes on IR. Will Montgomergy(9) as looked good at center and probably makes the roster. Edwin Williams may go to the PS to develop. Devin Clark has shown nothing to indicate that he should be on the roster. I'm not sure how many OL we wil carry on the 53 man roster, but 9 seems about right. That means Kendall only comes if Randy Thomas is really bad off.

Kendall can play both LG and C. He stopped playing center because of his knees, but in a depth role, it would be much less of a problem. Right now our backup LG and C are Rhinehart/Clark and Montgomery/E. Williams respectively. Regardless of who wins those battles, I would not be comfortable with any of them entering a game. Kendall gives us solid depth at BOTH positions. On gameday we would have 7 active lineman with the starters plus Bridges and Kendall. Obviously its completely up to Kendall, and he may still be mad, but I think if we made a nice gesture, the fact he was released would be forgotten. He was our best lineman last year.

Hah, I like Kendall even more. You also can't dump that loss all on him. Take away any one of the three turnovers and the Rams probably don't win the game. Kendall's was probably the most cringet-worthy, but I don't think that counts as an extra stat.

+1 He was our best lineman last year and I would be glad to have him back in any role.

He also performed better than his replacement. Dockery has the advantage of age, and not much else.

He could be a valuable tool for the young guys.

How? His knees are so bad he can't practice. Why not sign him as a coach, then?

The bottom line is he's only valuable to the Skins, and he'll still be around in week 3 if someone goes down. Why sign him and take practice reps from a younger project?

Archived