Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Kendall anyone?

warriorz

i think that if randy goes down for an extended period you will see kendall back on the skins, albeit in a backup role. i agree with hitmandm that we need to see what rinehart has before we go back to letting kendall start. the only way that rinehart will get better is by playing the best competiton.

Pete would be a good backup. Im concerned about the O-line and hope we don't see a repeat of last year.

I think he'd even be fine as a starter - just not for the whole year. He played decent last year (outside of losing us the Rams game; just fall on it!) his real problem was, and probably will continue to be, getting old and sore and not being able to take a whole season of punishment. Maybe he could rotate with Thomas on alternating series? This is definitely a position that needs to be addressed in the first or second round of next year's draft.

Something that worries me more is who is our backup left tackle??? I dont even know! and the odds of Samuels not missing a game or two somewhere down the line is slim and none?

Edit: This is actually the reason I was rooting against Heyer at RT because, unless he has gained a ton of strenth, he seems better suited to me as a backup left tackle so far.

Something that worries me more is who is our backup left tackle??? I dont even know! and the odds of Samuels not missing a game or two somewhere down the line is slim and none?

Edit: This is actually the reason I was rooting against Heyer at RT because, unless he has gained a ton of strenth, he seems better suited to me as a backup left tackle so far.

If Samuels goes down Heyer will switch over to the left side, where he actually did quite well last year. If Heyer isn't available, we're proper F'd.

Whoever loses out at RT between Bridges, Heyer, and Williams will be looked at to back up one or both tackle spots. As long as the right side of the line is unsettled, backups will be up in the air. So the answer to your question is likely that nobody knows, so don't feel bad about not knowing.

Signing Kendall back, even for depth, is just silly at this point. During the season with many injuries, it would make sense, but not right now. Let the young guys try to prove themselves in pre-season

It's why, though I appreciate their work and leadership, having Wynn and Daniels around for now limits time for the younger guys to some extant. If we have a legitimate shot at anything, we need to have people who can rotate in, not geriatrics to replace other geriatrics.

One thing I recall reading about Heyer is last season at least he wasn't that savvy as to knowing his blocking assignments, I recall reading that at one time Thomas was frustrated about it. If that's still an issue and you got Rinehart right next to him, there could be issues as to that side of the line doing their assignments well -- Kendall from what I have read is a very smart player.

Signing Kendall makes sense if Randy Thomas is a no-go. He has said he would be willing to be a backup. Dockery's health has been reliable but we have health questions at LT, RG, and RT. If Samuels goes down, Heyer will be flipped over, and I imagine bridges will play RT. That leaves us with no credible backup RG if Rhinehart is injured.

If you go into the season without contingency plans, you wind up playing your backup center at LT against Terrell Suggs. Anyone here think they might help him out with a tight end, or keep a back in and chip to that side? Total ******* embarassing disaster.

If you go into the season without contingency plans, you wind up playing your backup center at LT against Terrell Suggs. Anyone here think they might help him out with a tight end, or keep a back in and chip to that side? Total ******* embarassing disaster.

Hate when that happens.

terrell_suggs-redskins.jpg

pass. Go with the younger guys. This entire OL bashing is ridiculous. The Steelers had the worst OL in the league, yet they won the Super Bowl. Rothlesberger made plays. Its time for Campbell to do the same. Zorn even said that deep passes were called but Jason checked down.
I agree we need to develop youth. And about JC. Trouble is, our village idiots in the FO didn't give Buges a lot to work with, as usual. A good OL still helps everything.

Rothlesberger made plays. Its time for Campbell to do the same. Zorn even said that deep passes were called but Jason checked down.

Isn't that basically the opposite of what Zorn said? I'm pretty positive that Zorn couldn't call but a few deep passes were called because of the line's inability to protect Campbell. It was obvious why we couldn't get the ball downfield.

That said, at no point during last year did I find the offense as frustrating as the Brunell-led Gibbs-Skins, or the 2 Spurrier seasons. I like that we've got proven playmakers on O, plus a good amount of young skill-position guys that we drafted (for once). I think our head coach is out to seize control of the franchise, same goes for the QB.

The line's gotta be better, or it still won't matter.

Isn't that basically the opposite of what Zorn said? I'm pretty positive that Zorn couldn't call but a few deep passes were called because of the line's inability to protect Campbell. It was obvious why we couldn't get the ball downfield.

The line's gotta be better, or it still won't matter.

I agree 100% and it's not going to matter which quarterback is back there.

Here's one of the quotes from the WP.

Zorn: "There were a lot of times last year when we couldn't do things we would have liked to do," he said. "When you have your backup center playing right tackle and you're playing the New York Giants, what can you do? It's not fair to him and it's not fair to Jason."

I would like to have Kendall resigned as a back-up. He only gave up 3 sacks all year, a lot better than I thought he was doing. Then we go sign Dock who gave up 8.5 sacks.

Pete would probably be our best option at RT at this point as well. Has he signed anywhere else?

I don't think Kendall has ever played RT. Could be wrong, but he played last year and I believe at the jets as a LG.

I also don't know if he's a 2 way guard, in that he could play left or right guard. I would think he would be able to do that, but sometimes guys have trouble switching sides, because everything is backwards.

He was the most consistent lineman last year, despite his age. He wore down at the end of the season.

Buges said that there is plenty of depth on the OL. I mean, what's he going to say? But I don't think that Kendall is needed right now. Maybe a little later.

No Thanks. After Kendall laid that egg against the Rams last year as we were driving for a score basically on the goal-line, I soured on him fast.

Develop Reinhardt, or sign someone else after some cuts are made.

We do? He single handedly lost the Rams game last year imho.

Right. So he made a bone headed play, should have knocked the ball down. There is NO REASON that the team should have lost that game, and it wasn't all on Kendall. If I'm not mistaken, both Cooley and Portis also had fumbles in that game.

The offense actually finally went down the field to snatch the lead right there at the end, and then (my least favorite player on the team over the last several years) Leigh Torrence got spun around like a top and gave up a big play and the win.

No one player, and certainly not Kendall was responsible for that debacle. He had his share of the blame, but it certainly didn't end with him.

We do? He single handedly lost the Rams game last year imho.

That happened just before the half, there was 30 min of football left to beat a winless team and they couldn't pull it off. To put it all on Kendall is having very narrow vision.

Archived