Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshal Faulk NFLN: Best Defense in the NFC East lol

NOLASKINSFAN

This pissed me off a lot, he wasn't even gonna mention the skins until rich mentioned Haynesworth. Then Faulk said that the skins pass defense was terrible because of a lack of interceptions. At least Lombardi reminded him that even with few turnovers they were excellent.

I have a feeling every time Faulk opens his mouth on the beast he really dislikes the redskins.

I guess Ware is all you need for the best D.

Yet Haynesworth isn't worth mention? (by Faulk)....

Douce.

There is no way you could look at the performance of the Dallas defense vs. the run in key games late last season or of their secondary generally and say they are the best unit in the league's toughest division.

Marshall Faulk is another ex-ballplayer that seems to have had a secret crush on the Cowboys as he is always praising their team.

Anyone remember Irv Cross on the old 'NFL Today' program? Another ex-player (and an Eagle no less) that fell in love with the silver and blue and thought they could do no wrong.

It really shook Cross and his cohort Jimmy the Greek when first San Francisco and then Washington came up in the early 1980's to pass Dallas and win the Super Bowl.

Best defense?

Dallas can come back and make a better case as the best unit when they find a second cornerback who can cover NFL receivers and a linebacking corps that can stand up in the run game.

Eagles>Giants>Skins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas
I expect the Eagles D to have a fairly big drop in quality with Bradley, their defensive leader (with Dawkins gone) reportedly out for the season and the death of Jim Johnson (RIP). And with Spags gone and a average secondary I don't know if the Giants are really any better than the Skins. So frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up:

Skins>Giants>Eagles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas

I can see possible making the Giants high, even with the loss of their DC, but ranking Dallas and Philly that high... ? Dallas wasn't that good to begin with and Philly lost three major components of their Defense this calendar year, two of which in the last week.

Giants should be the highest D listed. That defensive line is going to be healthy again this year - they won the Super Bowl last time that happened.

I agree. Even with the loss of Spags, the most dangerous part of a defense is the line. Their d-line scares the **** out of me with Osi and Tuck on the ends.

Archived