Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshal Faulk NFLN: Best Defense in the NFC East lol

NOLASKINSFAN

Yeah I saw this too, but I kind of knew it was coming. When they were introducing the bit, it was all Giants/Eagles/Cowboys highlights. Eisen kind of called Faulk out asking if we were just a "pay no mind" defense even after we got Haynesworth. Lombardi basically bailed him out saying that our offense wasn't very good, so the D was going to be on the field a lot more than the Eagles/Pokes so its not going to look as good statistically.

I did laugh a bit when he was saying that we were "terrible" against the pass.

Sometimes Marshall Faulk thinks he knows it all. Commentators have the best job in the world. When they're right....they can't stop talking about. When they're wrong....nobody ever brings it up and calls them out on anything RARELY. I use to like Faulk...but lately he has been giving bogus assumptions that are downright ridiculous almost like J Dukes when he opens his mouth. Thank God for Rich Eisen.....The Cowboys with the best defense? They have downright the worst defense in the NFCE. There linebackers and secondary are a huge liability this season.

Half of their argument revolved around "A good offense will put the defense in a better situation." That's such a stupid way to look at things. Viewers don't want to know who will have the best stats, or be put in the best situation. They want to know who the best defense is, period.

Marshall Faulk is only commenting based on a precursory look of the NFC East rather than any in-depth analysis.

Giants lost Spagnuolo

Eagles lost their anchoring Middle Linebacker in Stewart Bradley

Mainly he was looking at sacks rather than anything else having to do with the Defense. Going 3 and out with no sacks is nowhere near as "sexy" as going 3 and out with a sack or 2. The Washington Redskins while they did not lead in sacks got the job done. Not only that, they kept all their defense from last year and acquired Albert Haynesworth as well as Brian Orakpo and Jeremy Jarmon.

They can talk all they want. It does not bother me. It just shows their lack of analysis.

Once again, the NFL shows just how unpredictable and interesting every year is. The Eagles defense was great, but now with some unexpected happenings is left reeling. Can the Jim Johnson understudy manage to at least imitate him in enough ways to put a decent defense on the field? If not the Eagles defense will be bad this year.

Can the Giants D do something similar to last year with a rookie DC after losing Spags? I think thats highly unlikely because the defense was no good before Spags was there. He WAS the reason for the Giants success.

The Cowboys defense was 20th in points allowed, lost some players without really adding enough, and now all of the sudden they are world beaters? Unlikely. Especially if you consider that the offense may struggle more this season without TO, and as teams have figured out Garret. All of the sudden the defense finds itself out on the field more, and with less of a cushion in some games.

The Skins had a good defense last year. In fact, it was right up there with both the Giants and Eagles, and the three teams had the #3, 4, 5 defense in terms of yards allowed, and #4, 5, 6 in points allowed. But unlike the other two the Skins have had little turnover. The only starter they lost was MW, who was injured for a good portion of the season anyway. The coaching staff remains the same, and the Skins added what many think is the best DT in football, along with a couple of fast young new players via the drafts.

On paper, the Skins defense IS the best in the NFC east right now, followed by the Eagles(I will give a Jim Johnson understudy the benefit of the doubt), the Giants, and the Cowboys.

Dallas number 1, that really is a stretch. though I could care less what the so called experts rate these teams before a down is even played, that is one of the most unfounded comments I have heard so far. Even Cowboy fans would have to say that's a little off.

does Faulk realize the Skins allowed the FEWEST pass plays of 20 yards or more?

#4 overall,

top 10 pass,

top 10 run,

top 10 fewest points allowed,

#1 fewest pass plays of 20 yards or more?

yeah they suck because they didn't get many "sacks" :rolleyes:

:secret: Hey Faulk, we signed Big Al, drafted Big O & Double J

all they need was Dukes for the Skin haters hat trick :doh:

does Faulk realize the Skins allowed the FEWEST pass plays of 20 yards or more?

#4 overall,

top 10 pass,

top 10 run,

top 10 fewest points allowed,

#1 fewest pass plays of 20 yards or more?

yeah they suck because they didn't get many "sacks" :rolleyes:

:secret: Hey Faulk, we signed Big Al, drafted Big O & Double J

all they need was Dukes for the Skin haters hat trick :doh:

That's what I'm talking about. Now add the best DT in the game with the best pass rushing DE out of college. To hail with waiting for the season, let's go sack their azzes now!

Is he ok? Maybe he is spending too much time around Jamie Dukes and Rich Eison. Come on Marshall, the Boys? I mean really, what makes them the best defense in the division? Seriously, can anyone answer that?

How has Hamlin worked out?

What about Zach Thomas?

Is Keith Brooking going to change things?

Or what about Olshansky?

The BEST, please!!!!!!!!!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

i don't know who's worse Faulk or the other opinionator wilcox?i just cringe everytime solom opens his yap, his total lack of football lnowledge is scary. everytime he opens his mouth he proves all the more that he doesn't know anything, terrible football guy.some people just need to know when to shut up.i've never heard give any credit to the skins or say anything positive about them.reminds me of deirdorf(the walrus),i always thought the skins must have regularly beaten his behind that he got to hate them.they both played during the Gibbs era.

Wow, everybody here is so sensative. Sounds like Faulk kicked some of your guys dogs. Geesh.

The Boys have a good D, don't deny it. I don't see any defense in the division as head and shoulders better than the rest. You can argue for and against any defense in this division. But the Cowboys return D. Ware, which is what I assume puts them at the top in an analsyt's mind. You can argue any team in this division really

Half of their argument revolved around "A good offense will put the defense in a better situation." That's such a stupid way to look at things. Viewers don't want to know who will have the best stats, or be put in the best situation. They want to know who the best defense is, period.

Skins had one of the worst offenses in the league last years statistically but still managed to have the #4def.Yea,that theory works.

I can usually take the rose-colored glasses off and see things from "the other guy's" point of view.

In this case, I don't think I could get drunk enough to make Faulk's case for him. I would normally try to play devil's advocate here, but in this case Satan rode the short bus to work.

There is no way you could look at the performance of the Dallas defense vs. the run in key games late last season

Good times. :cool2:

Our pass defense is "terrible" because of "lack of interceptions"?

Pop quiz:

What defense was 30th in the NFL in interceptions with 8?

The Dallas Cowboys.

What? Are you kidding; seriously that's a joke right? I mean Ed Reed got more interceptions than that entire team if that's true.

Archived