Worst Redskin FLOP other then DEION!!

Norval Turner. In a landslide. :doh:

Honorable mentions,

Tory Nixon :shootinth:

Andre Johnson :gus:

Michael Westbrook :puke:

George Allen not allowing Sonny to be on the sidelines during SBVII :cuss:

Jack Kent Cookes' will, regarding the team: :?:

Brad Johnson not being offered a contract in hindsight. Of course, we were desperate to get the taste of Turner out of our mouths, so, so many areas needed addressing. Johnson had adjustable glitches, but with OUR team, he wouldn't have faired so much better but Jeff George wasn't the answer. If we didn't look beyond George, we should have kept Johnson period.

2. Heath bar. Crunch. Snap, crackle pop. All time draft bust for sure!

3. Norv Turner. His timing always seemed to aid the opposition.

4. Sean Gilbert didn't deliver, not even pizza. We sunk by not getting more positions filled and like Deion, he ran with the dough.

Either Heath or Norv. Honorable mention to Desmond.

Sean Gilbert gave us two #1s on the way out. BJ I've never really missed despite our struggles at QB. Trent Green was never in the cards, he wanted out because of ownership uncertainty and his StL roots anyway. Plus, keeping him changes the later Norv years and I think that pox would still be on our houses.

I wouldn't really call Deion a 'flop'.. he's definitely one of the most foolish signings we ever made in terms of money, and it certainly wasn't very popular. On the surface it didn't even look like he played all that well for us. But we finished 4th in the NFL in pass D that year, and even though he may have been made to look silly by the media, I think he only gave up like 2 TDs all season long. Champ gave up ZERO. His returns, getting hit in the face with the ball notwithstanding, by and large he had no blocking. LeCharls McDaniel used to think that a returner could run with no blocking, so i don't think he taught his guys how to do it much.

As it turned out, deion screwed us finacially, but play-wise, I wouldn't call him a complete flop.

Heath Shuler, on the other hand..

Our highest drafted QB, and he totally ruined any chance he had here before he even got to camp. Held out, came in weak, paid for it with early and often injuries, hated by fans, arrogant enough to make a friggin 'Gunslinger' record, and then never ever EVER deliver.

He's our biggest flop.

~Bang

Originally posted by sippin2020

I also recall letting one of the most productive TE's over the last 5 or 6 years leave as well, Frank Wycheck.

And then of course there's that guy Stan Humphries.

Norv wasn't a choice, so I went with Desmond Howard. Shuler was a huge bust, but at least we didn't trade up to get him.

Everyone listed some very good flops, here's mine:

Gold medal-Heath Shuler-so much hype, held out so long, and it turns out, he just sucked.

Silver medal-Andre Johnson-Trading up with the hated Cowfarts to get a guy that never stepped on the field.

Bronze medal-Desmond Howard-Was supposed to replace an aging Art Monk, except they overlooked that he couldn't catch.

Honorable mention--Bobby Wilson--didn't we pick him in the mid-first round and then he returned the favor by playing for 2 years? Not sure on my facts about him, but I do know that was yet another wasted first rounder.

:gus:

well, in my mind it has to be signing Dana Stubblefield to a 6 year, $36 million contract from the 49ers.

Stubby was never even a solid player for us. People can criticize Wilkinson for one thing or another, and yes he has not lived up to being the #1 pick in the draft.

But for the most part he has been a durable and consistently solid player for us. In 1999 and 2001 he was our best DL.

Archived