Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you rather attend a sporting event or watch on TV?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

ESPN's Page 2 is having a debate about whether or not its better to watch sports on TV or actually attend the game/event.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple_hruby/090803

I love going to sporting events. There's nothing more exciting than cheering with 90,000+ at a Skins game or getting to see a game at Camden Yards. But some people would much rather save the money and watch the game on their HDTV, not a bad choice either. So what do you guys like to do? Go to the game or watch at home?

If I have crappy seats at the game, there are many times where I'm thinking I'd rather be at home so I can see what happened or see the replay.

Good seats plus the tailgating can't be beat.

Also, I've never been, but I always hear how much better hockey is to watch it live. There's nothing more American than going to a baseball game, drinking a beer and having a hot dog.

For me, it depends on the sport. Baseball, basketball, hockey, I'd rather attend the event. Much better in person than on TV.

Football depends too. College football I'd rather attend - love that atmosphere. Redskins football, I like to mix a few games live with the rest at home on TV. If Fedex Field didn't suck like it does, I would probably like to attend all of the games in a nice, fan friendly stadium.

If I have crappy seats at the game, there are many times where I'm thinking I'd rather be at home so I can see what happened or see the replay.

Good seats plus the tailgating can't be beat.

Also, I've never been, but I always hear how much better hockey is to watch it live. There's nothing more American than going to a baseball game, drinking a beer and having a hot dog.

i've watched a bunch of capital games at home and i agree its better in person.

basketball i dunno i prefer on the tube because i usually end up with a ****ty angle ( behind the basket)

I am well past the stage of actually paying for seats to sporting events (with the possible exception of baseball games). If I am comped and sitting in a either a club seat or luxury box' date=' I will go...if I have a parking pass.[/quote']

:chair: parking passes are so damn expensive its not even funny

Fed Ex sucks, I use to love going to Skins games for the experience. Dan Snyder screwed all that up with the parking lots and overall raping of the fans. I find myself frustrated every time I leave the stadium, 1. because I spent to much money 2' the fans sucked and were more worried about socializing 3. The skins lose stupod games to a crappy team like The Rams.

After having season tickets for a few years, and going through the above mentioned scenarios one to many times, on top of a sometime 2 + hour trip each way (includes meeting freinds at various points) I have learned to enjoy games at home in HD. I fire up the grill, catch some pre game, be as loud as I want, drink beers for less than a dollar a pop, eat all game and have a great time with my family.

Money not being an issue...

Penn State football is awesome in the stadium (if it's against a big opponent).

Hockey is awesome live.

Redskins games at FedEx are 50/50, I almost prefer them on TV. The atmosphere just isn't awesome every game. Too many fans of other teams there, and too many people who got corporate schwag tickets.

Baseball is better live.

Basketball is better on TV.

DC United games are great in the stadium.

Money not being an issue...

Penn State football is awesome in the stadium (if it's against a big opponent).

Hockey is awesome live.

Redskins games at FedEx are 50/50, I almost prefer them on TV. The atmosphere just isn't awesome every game. Too many fans of other teams there, and too many people who got corporate schwag tickets.

Baseball is better live.

Basketball is better on TV.

DC United games are great in the stadium.

I agree that baseball is better live. For some reason when I go to O's games, they seem to go by much faster. Plus you pay more attention since you can't channel surf

In general, I'd rather watch it on TV. Its cheaper. It's more convenient. And I can get a better view of the key action (closer in, and replays) than actually at the event.

However, sometimes the atmosphere at the game is worth the inconveniences and high cost. Going to Army-Navy is an awesome experience. Going to a Redskins-Cowboys game is usually pretty good as well.

And I'd agree, it's just about the only way you'll get me to watch a MLB game (live in person).

if the money is no issue at all then goin to the live games are always better...

if you take into account the amount of money then i think its always better at home...

only thing i would say its worth going to to watch and experience live is the World Cup even with the money factored in...

It's too expensive to justify spending the money to go to the game. I can spend $150 for me and my family to go to a Nats game for decent seats (not even great seats). For free, I can sit at home on my nice comfortable sofa, watching the game on the big screen, eating much better food and not wasting an hour traveling to and from the game. It's a no brainer. Basketball and football are even more expensive. Fortunately I got a good deal on Caps tickets and the demand is high enough for me to sell a bunch of games to recoup the cost.

Ack The World Cup is the only sport I'd rather stay home to watch. I just put the game on in the background while I play games, can't actually watch the action, too boring

if the World Cup is held in a relatively small country (not USA) then atmosphere created by the coming together of people around the world for 2-3 weeks is pretty awesome expereince.

Live, nothing like going to a hockey game or being there when Arenas drops the game winner from 30 feet.
Or when your team advances to the Final Four after a heart-attack-causing game :)

I went to ALL our NCAA games in 2006, and I don't regret a penny of it :cool:

EDIT: My ranking of sports live.

-Caps playoffs and NCAA hoops (tie)

-Wizards playoffs

-Caps regular season/NCAA regular season/boxing (tie)

-Wizards regular season

-Nationals

-last 'Skins game I was at was the Giants game last season where we lost and it rained :( (Thomas had that nice TD run though)

Archived