Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you rather attend a sporting event or watch on TV?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I can get a better view of the key action (closer in, and replays) than actually at the event.

You get the close-ups but when watching a football game on TV you can't see the plays develop at all. With giant HD jumbotrons propping up all over the place (unfortunately, not at FedEx), the replay advantage TV has is becoming obsolete.

Hockey is my game, and that is the sport that is meant to be seen at live.
:yes:

After Fedorov scored this goal, the remaining ~5 min. of game time was probably THE loudest I've EVER heard Verizon :cool::cool::cool:

I don't think ANYONE was standing.

Unlike baseball though, I can watch hockey on TV w/o :snore:

I like to mix it up.

As much as I LOVE seeing the Redskins, DC United, and the MNT (soccer) live, every once in a while it's good to watch on the telly. It helps to be able to watch replays, different angles, etc. Most of the time when I'm at the game I don't really digest or remember specific plays very well, probably bc I'm too busy celebrating or screaming in anger when anything happens.

Baseball, on the other hand, can only be tolerated live. Except in very rare instances (paloffs).

:yes:

After Fedorov scored this goal, the remaining ~5 min. of game time was probably THE loudest I've EVER heard Verizon :cool::cool::cool:

I don't think ANYONE was standing.

Unlike baseball though, I can watch hockey on TV w/o :snore:

The loudest, the longest. best 5 minutes I'd ever had there, and I was there when Bondra tied the game with .8 seconds to go. It was 3.2 seconds remaining on the faceoff, and everyone was clearing out of the stadium. 2.4 seconds later, everyone's pouring back in after hearing the remaining fans erupt.

edit: "I don't think ANYONE was[n't] standing."

My dad probably wasn't. He's not the kind of fan to go wild at all. I remember him commenting after the game at how he didn't like that everyone was standing. If he was standing, it was just to see.

Archived