Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron's frame

redskins30ravens

He looks like a linebacker.

I was thinking the same thing, I would love to see him rush on third and long with Horton and Moore/Doughty playing safety. The QB in this case-- Romo sits to pee gets simultaneously buried by Landry and Orapko after Haynesworth opened up the middle like a can opener attacking noodle soup.

With all the players we have that can play multiple positions, I'd like to see something like our version of the 46-style defense once in a while. Put some guys "out of position," so to speak, confuse offenses and make the most out of a LB sized FS, a DE converted to LB and a DT who has taken snaps at DE.

Yeah, I noticed that last season his arms were huge. When I saw that I wasn't worried by all the reports that he wasn't in for offseason workouts. A guy like that works out because he loves to work out, not for the money, not for the fame, and not because anyone is looking over his shoulder. It actually reminded me of ST's relationship with Coach Gibbs when Landry didn't return Zorn's calls. At least there weren't any law related problems.

I can't wait for him to lay some peeps out this year.

Man, if ST was still alive and LL still our strong safety......

I was just thinking the same thing, it sucks to bring this up, but man our D should be very very good this year. Would be dissapointed if it isnt top 3 this year. If ST was still around it might have been up there in top D's of all time. I mean he was an outstanding ball hawk, who man huge hits, and found himself in the probowl.

Laron- This time when Brandon Jacobs is coming at you, build up speed and launch yourself towards his upper body with everything you got. This will surely send him backwards.

Uh... he'd still get smushed. Power won't work, he needs leverage.

Uh... he'd still get smushed. Power won't work, he needs leverage.

Agreed, no matter how big you are, even if he did get the better hit in, he'd still probably get knocked the hell out. You gotta go low on a play like that, especially against a player like Jacobs going full steam.

I think people forget that though he did get run over he slowed Jacobs enough to stop him going to the house for the easy TD . I really don't think there was that much wrong with the tackle, but Jacobs is a BEAST ...unlike other large RBs who reside in the NFCE...that wear a star on their helmets ....

Archived