Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron's frame

redskins30ravens

Laron- This time when Brandon Jacobs is coming at you, build up speed and launch yourself towards his upper body with everything you got. This will surely send him backwards.

No, it won't. That's what got him laid out the first time.

Jeeze, the lack of understanding regarding physics in this thread is mind boggling. You can have the biggest ARMS in the world, and it won't accomplish a darn thing when trying to tackle someone up high who outweighs you by 30-40 lbs.

Power and leverage are gained through the hips, hamstrings, thighs, and lower back, and hits must be delivered in the "Low man wins" mantra.

Bicep curls and Tricep extentions sure make ya look nice, but squats and lunges will achieve the power everyone is looking for here, and the appropriate application of the LOW hits will ultimately give people what they want.

Jeeze, the lack of understanding regarding physics in this thread is mind boggling. You can have the biggest ARMS in the world, and it won't accomplish a darn thing when trying to tackle someone up high who outweighs you by 30-40 lbs.

Power and leverage are gained through the hips, hamstrings, thighs, and lower back, and hits must be delivered in the "Low man wins" mantra.

Bicep curls and Tricep extentions sure make ya look nice, but squats and lunges will achieve the power everyone is looking for here, and the appropriate application of the LOW hits will ultimately give people what they want.

+1

Try tackling Brandon Jacobs with your arms and see what happens.

i read in some article or something that it was his goal to make people forget that he was ever trucked by brandon jacobs and bulk up this year and start layin the wood

The best thing about this kid, is that he'll say that, and you won't hear another damn word out of his mouth until he does it. I love that about Landry, he's a quiet guy, keeps to himself. He can talk as loud as anyone else but chooses to not sometimes. I love guys like him who are shady, adds some real toughness to this team.

God, it's so hard to imagine Haynesworth, Landry, Carter, McIntosh, and Orakpo chillin on the same 11 on 11. These guys are physical BEASTS.

Touch more grass, kick more ***.

Always heard that mantra.

man this is giving me goose bumps....

-Sean Taylor

-Laron Landry

-D'Angelo Hall

-Carlos Rogers

-Brian Orakpo

-Rocky McIntosh

-Albert Haynesworth....etc

Our 4-3 would of been beast. Sean, Landry, Hall, Rogers, McIntosh, Fletcher, Orakpo, Carter, Griffin, Haynesworth, Daniels

We all have thoughts like this, but I really wish people would stop posting/saying them. First off, it's depressing. Secondly, it's pointless. Thirdly, it denegrates the defense as it is constructed now.

I think we should all try to get past that reflexive thought process and attempt to appreciate this team for the players that are on it now - not constantly lamenting what could have been. Besides, when I think of what could have been for the Skins with ST I feel a little guilty because the first thing that should come to mind is what could have been for his little girl, his woman, his family, etc.

We all loved Sean the player. He's not here any more. Unfortunately, he's not coming back. We need to move on. RIP #21.

Yes, thanks for reminding football fans that his career w/ us is really lower on the totem pole in the grand scheme. What hurts me most is that it's another daughter without a father for a cruel selfish objective. Sure I miss seeing dude play but I would rather Jackie still have her father than us have our badass, improving, probably historic Free Safety.

Anyway, Laron is also a beast! Excited to prove himself as a top 5 safety this season. I think he will show himself to be a more complete and disciplined professional this season making plays that will have teams really have to gameplan around him with his excellent closing speed and missle-like direction towards the LOS.

Taylor Mays is the 1st player ive seen that i can say reminds me of ST ....that hit in the rose bowl still gives me chills

The only thing Taylor Mays has in common w. ST is their size and hitting ability....Mays doesn't possess 1/10 of the playmaking ability of Sean Taylor...if anything, Eric Berry from UT is a better comparison.

The only thing Taylor Mays has in common w. ST is their size and hitting ability....Mays doesn't possess 1/10 of the playmaking ability of Sean Taylor...if anything, Eric Berry from UT is a better comparison.

have to agree. Mays doesn't make nearly the plays you'd think he'd make based on his size/speed. Berry is a playmaking machine. I'd love to see him a Redskin. But that would mean the Skins sucked if they were in range to draft him....

Laron- This time when Brandon Jacobs is coming at you, build up speed and launch yourself towards his upper body with everything you got. This will surely send him backwards.

nah I wouldn't go for his upper. Jacobs would have way too much momentum. Not trying to say anything g negative, but LL ain't no ST. He's gotta go for the legs.

Dude is big. Lets hope he plays closer to the ball.
All of this hub-bub about just how big Landry is has gotten kind of blown all out of proportion.

Dude is 6ft. 210lbs.. Landry has big arms on a medium build/frame.

The fact that Landry has what looks to be damn near zero % body fat is indeed impressive. But, players like Brandon Jacobs, DeMarcus Ware and Brian Orakpo are big, not Laron Landry.:2cents:

];6597038']I still think that Laron is a natural SS. He's far too strong and aggressive.

He's got the speed but isn't a natural playmaker back there. If we draft someone like Eric Barry who is all but an Ed Reed clone' date=' than we would truly be unstoppable.[/quote']

Eric Berry is the only player I wouldn't mind the Redskins trying to trade up and draft if they went with defense again. He's going to be incredible for whatever team he plays for. I also guarentee that if the Redskins got Berry, the defense would be historic.

Man, if ST was still alive and LL still our strong safety......

No joke bro! Would have loved to see that for many of years down the road! Hail to ST and the SKINS...

I hope LL knocks the dreads of that Holly dude that won the contract on Irvin's tv show!

Taylor Mays is the 1st player ive seen that i can say reminds me of ST ....that hit in the rose bowl still gives me chills

Mays is nowhere near the prospect Taylor was coming out of college. I think Taylor was the best college safety prospect ever. Mays has gotten a lot of hype but he has some flaws and Taylor had none. He's definitely a first rounder, probably mid-round considering next year's talent. But he's not the top 5 pick that Sean was. We'll see, we though William Moore was going to be a first round lock this time last year also.

Eric Berry, on the other hand, is the truly impressive prospect. If he keeps pace with his last season, he'll definitely go top ten and very possibly top 5. He looks as good a prospect as Landry was and almost as good as Taylor with a little size and positional flexibility.

Definitely. Top heaviness is not really a desirable trait for football. Look at offensive linemen who are the biggest and strongest guys on the field. They aren't body builders. Scouts look for guys with "bubble butts" and fatboy thighs because that's what you need to shove guys around.

Archived