Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron's frame

redskins30ravens

Man, if ST was still alive and LL still our strong safety......

We all have thoughts like this, but I really wish people would stop posting/saying them. First off, it's depressing. Secondly, it's pointless. Thirdly, it denegrates the defense as it is constructed now.

I think we should all try to get past that reflexive thought process and attempt to appreciate this team for the players that are on it now - not constantly lamenting what could have been. Besides, when I think of what could have been for the Skins with ST I feel a little guilty because the first thing that should come to mind is what could have been for his little girl, his woman, his family, etc.

We all loved Sean the player. He's not here any more. Unfortunately, he's not coming back. We need to move on. RIP #21.

Uh... he'd still get smushed. Power won't work, he needs leverage.

True. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82pO-l4o5LQ

We all have thoughts like this, but I really wish people would stop posting/saying them. First off, it's depressing. Secondly, it's pointless. Thirdly, it denegrates the defense as it is constructed now.

I think we should all try to get past that reflexive thought process and attempt to appreciate this team for the players that are on it now - not constantly lamenting what could have been. Besides, when I think of what could have been for the Skins with ST I feel a little guilty because the first thing that should come to mind is what could have been for his little girl, his woman, his family, etc.

We all loved Sean the player. He's not here any more. Unfortunately, he's not coming back. We need to move on. RIP #21.

And I agree.

Laron- This time when Brandon Jacobs is coming at you, build up speed and launch yourself towards his upper body with everything you got. This will surely send him backwards.

the way Jacobs trucked Laron made me wonder why was he so afraid to play against St?:cool:

I was just thinking the same thing, it sucks to bring this up, but man our D should be very very good this year. Would be dissapointed if it isnt top 3 this year. If ST was still around it might have been up there in top D's of all time. I mean he was an outstanding ball hawk, who man huge hits, and found himself in the probowl.

LMFAO!- a Cryboy fan sweared to me that if ST was alive ,he would be playing for Dallas.smh

said he was too great to play with the Skins,that we would have let him test the market, and that Dallas would have made him the highest paid saftey in the NFl:chair:smh Cryboys fans are crazy

LMFAO!- a Cryboy fan sweared to me that if ST was alive ,he would be playing for Dallas.smh

said he was too great to play with the Skins,that we would have let him test the market, and that Dallas would have made him the highest paid saftey in the NFl:chair:smh Cryboys fans are crazy

:laugh::laugh: Devin and LaRon in a photo together:D. I just found my new screensaver for the forseeable future. Anyway:wavetowel I'm expecting #30 to have a pro bowl year. The tandem of Landry and Horton should be even better this year. August 13th can not get here soon enough...seriously

My oldest brother also a pukes fan always wanted Sean to play for them as well. I told him no way in hell that'd happend. He hated the pukes just as much as the fans :)

I was just thinking the same thing, it sucks to bring this up, but man our D should be very very good this year. Would be dissapointed if it isnt top 3 this year. If ST was still around it might have been up there in top D's of all time. I mean he was an outstanding ball hawk, who man huge hits, and found himself in the probowl.

man this is giving me goose bumps....

-Sean Taylor

-Laron Landry

-D'Angelo Hall

-Carlos Rogers

-Brian Orakpo

-Rocky McIntosh

-Albert Haynesworth....etc

I think people forget that though he did get run over he slowed Jacobs enough to stop him going to the house for the easy TD . I really don't think there was that much wrong with the tackle, but Jacobs is a BEAST ...unlike other large RBs who reside in the NFCE...that wear a star on their helmets ....

Thats ok, i bet Jacobs won't be trucking RAK like that.. That i know!

];6597038']I still think that Laron is a natural SS. He's far too strong and aggressive.

He's got the speed but isn't a natural playmaker back there. If we draft someone like Eric Barry who is all but an Ed Reed clone' date=' than we would truly be unstoppable.[/quote']

Taylor Mays please.

To Paraphrase, Eric Berry's Jay-Z, Taylor Mays is Soulja Boy

Taylor Mays: 180 Tkls, 1 FF, 4 INT in 3 years

Eric Berry: 158 Tkls, 1 FF 12 INT in 2 years

Please yourself

I know it will sound odd now that I said I'd want Mays...but Berry's my favorite defensive player in college and has been past two seasons. I love the way he plays. I'm just worried his game won't translate to the NFL due to his size. He's listed at 5'11" 210, but I really don't think he's that big. I'm infatuated with Mays' size is one of the reasons I'd pick him other than his ability. He's not the speed you'd want at safety, though. I'd love either player honestly, but if I had to pick RIGHT NOW, I'd go with Mays.

I just wish we had 21 at free safety and 30 at strong safety. I know someone said we should move on and I agree, but the thought is always there. You play the what if game all the time. It's human nature. Thinking about LL blitzing and ST picking off passes makes you smile. Too bad we got only 9 games with both together.

I know it will sound odd now that I said I'd want Mays...but Berry's my favorite defensive player in college and has been past two seasons. I love the way he plays. I'm just worried his game won't translate to the NFL due to his size. He's listed at 5'11" 210, but I really don't think he's that big. I'm infatuated with Mays' size is one of the reasons I'd pick him other than his ability. He's not the speed you'd want at safety, though. I'd love either player honestly, but if I had to pick RIGHT NOW, I'd go with Mays.

Could you see Mays converting to LB ala this year's Nic Harris? Or like Jermaine Phillips is doing in Tampa this year?

FWIW, Ed Reed is listed at 5'11" 200.

We won't get either (nor do we need them especially), but chicks dig the big hit.

Archived