Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much to tip for a haircut?

dockeryfan

Man, you people overtip, at least some of the men do. My haircuts cost $13 for a buzz on the sides and some actual cutting. Plus the sideburn shave which doesn't actually accomplish anything. It takes no more than 15 minutes, and I give them $15. But hey, $2 on a $13 haircut is over 15%. I can't believe some of you give damn near 40% tips for cutting hair.

I can't believe some of you give damn near 40% tips for cutting hair.

I always go to the same place and get the same person. Never make me wait. Even when the place is busy. Couple extra bucks every 6 to 8 weeks is worth not having to wait for me.

OK. I pay $35 for a haircut. I know it's a bit much for a men's haircut, but there it is.

So I'm curious what would be the appropriate tip on a $35 men's haircut, when I get one every 3 weeks or so.

round that up to 2 crisp $20 bills. I have no idea how much to tip for a hair cut but that is what I do. cut is $15- I give them a $20, cut is $18 I give them a $20. That doesn't mean the $18 barber does a worse job than the $15 barber, that's just how I tip barbers and delivery guys, round up to whatever you can pay without breaking bills and give it to them.

Man, you people overtip, at least some of the men do. My haircuts cost $13 for a buzz on the sides and some actual cutting. Plus the sideburn shave which doesn't actually accomplish anything. It takes no more than 15 minutes, and I give them $15. But hey, $2 on a $13 haircut is over 15%. I can't believe some of you give damn near 40% tips for cutting hair.

You are too focused on %. Sure it maybe 40%, but a $1 tip on a $1 service is 100%, is that a ton coming out of your pocket? This is their lively hood. You are a cheap skate to be honest. Someone takes the time to groom your hair and only charges you $13 too make your hair, one of the first things people notice about you, look nice and you say thanks, here is $2. Show a little more graitude why don't you.

I'm assuming some people here have never been in the service industry...

I think some of us are just smarter with our money. Haircutting isn't waitressing, they get at least minimum wage if not more. And I ran the calculations, I'm over 15%. My haircuts aren't particularly difficult as is.

Just remember, those that you call a cheapskate, probably think you're a sucker.;)

I pay $15 + $5... Sometimes my girlfriend throws in another $5 if she really likes the haircut...

But I have to ask, how much do YOU tip on your $35 haircut? I think I would probably tip $10 but I don't know... Never had a haircut that expensive.

But I have to ask, how much do YOU tip on your $35 haircut? I think I would probably tip $10 but I don't know... Never had a haircut that expensive.

If my haircuts cost $35, I'd slap myself. But if they did, I'd probably give them $5. I think someone earlier touched on the whole thing about ease of not breaking large bills.

Well...

I tip the stylist (Jesus I feel a little gay saying that) 5 bucks and the chick that washes my hair 2 bucks.

I've been doing this for a long time. I'm wondering if I'm under tipping the stylist.

Archived