Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins/Vick AND Tanner Cooley's twitter and FB: Mike Vick was in Ashburn today.

theredskinsfan

Don't I know it man

I was half joking, though...which it looks like you picked up on..'least I hope anyways

I really do have a raunchy feeling about all of this, though

Yeah, kind of makes me want to take a shower.

On the other hand, we haven't had anything that even resembles an offense here in forever.

Not since Brad Johnson's brief stint.

Am I in the minority here who think it's worth a shot? If he can help the football team earn more wins, then why not try it out? Sure . . . the press will have a field day . . . and the team will have to experience horrible protests everywhere they go (if he did in fact make the team). But whatever . . . Like I said earlier - at this point, if he can help us get more Ws, then sign him up.

You're in the minority, but you're not alone. I'm a Snyder hater, but this is one splash signing that I would approve of, as long as the goal wasn't specifically to use him as a quarterback.

I wouldnt mind going after Vick if I actually thought he was a significant upgrade from Campbell. But I dont, which means all this is going to get us is some more bad press and lost confidence for our current QB.

He wouldn't necessarily have to be a replacement for Campbell. At least not at the start.

He could give us some wildcat options...he could also potentially replace an ARE in the future.

3rd string QB might be an option. Punt returner could be another.

And if JC bombs again, by the beginning of next season Vick could be back in great shape, and potentially allow us to use draft picks on linemen, instead of on a QB.

Not just NO, but a HECK NO! The convict is a friggin THUG. A no-character simple thug. Whats happened to Redskins fans, are some of you so short sighted that you are willing to sacrifice what little progress we've made? If you thought TO could be a distraction, just wait to see the dog and pony show that MV will be bringing.

Completely separate from Vick's past and from whether or not the Skins - or any team - should sign him, I would like to see some coach who could properly use his immense talents.

Was Atlanta's offense constructed in such a way to maximize his effectiveness? It seems to me they tried to shoehorn him into a dropback style. Maybe they didn't want to risk their franchise player by having him run around too much.

But now he's damaged goods and on the tail end of his career. No need to protect him. Let him loose. Some team could construct some kind of Wildcat-on-Steroids offense and plug him in there.

You people that think Michael Vick is actually a good QB are insane. He held his offense back. How do you make Roddy White suck?

Guaranteed that if by some freak event, Michael Vick starts at QB for us, Santana Moss's numbers will be:

38 catches, 550 yards, 2 TDs.

You people that think Michael Vick is actually a good QB are insane. He held his offense back. How do you make Roddy White suck?

What are you comparing him to?

It isn't like we have an all-pro back there at the moment.

What are you comparing him to?

It isn't like we have an all-pro back there at the moment.

He would be a poor fit though for the scheme.

I may be one of the few people on this board that witnessed the guy have a good passing season.

His passing game needs to be in the context of a play action, throw down the field offense. Not a dink and dunk WCO

The same way Devin Thomas only has 3 catches as a rookie.

Are you implying that Michael Vick is a better pure passer than Jason Campbell?

Have you ever seen Michael Vick's stats as a passer? Even with the threat of his running, they are bad.

He would be a poor fit though for the scheme.

I may be one of the few people on this board that witnessed the guy have a good passing season.

His passing game needs to be in the context of a play action, throw down the field offense. Not a dink and dunk WCO

You could say the exact same thing about JC, and his fit in the WCO.

Neither may be right for this offense. And, this offense might not be right for the team.

Impossible to say just yet. If Zorn bombs, Shanahan would keep the WCO.

But Cowher?

Way too early to say what offense we will be running twelve months from now.

Archived