Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins/Vick AND Tanner Cooley's twitter and FB: Mike Vick was in Ashburn today.

theredskinsfan

Yeah he lives in VA people. Not that big of a story. Though if we went after Leftwich, I don't think Vick could be much worse.

He's from the Tidewater area, about 3 1/2 hours from Ashburn. So it's not like he went out to his neighborhood wing joint.

I don't know why he was in the DC area, but "he's from Virginia" isn't much of a reason...

Its like when you cut your finger... and you just HAVE to look...

:whoknows:

I've done that and I have the pics to prove it. Well, it was only the skin.

That being said, I don't hate Vick as a QB but hate his accuracy as a QB. Maybe as a KR or PR.

BTW, this commissioner needs to worry about things like Spy gate. You know things that actually matter to the game and quit worrying about what people do off the field. He is so worried about fall out that he is pre-emptive suspending players and putting all these guidelines down like he is some sort of judge or something. Get over yourself commissioner. The courts take care of all the off the field issues. You can worry about those things once the court adjudicates the cases. Suspend and ban all you want once court system doles it out.

He's from the Tidewater area, about 3 1/2 hours from Ashburn. So it's not like he went out to his neighborhood wing joint.

I don't know why he was in the DC area, but "he's from Virginia" isn't much of a reason...

Ah didn't know he was from Tidewater. I still think it would be more noteworthy if lived in another state.

Whatever the reason was for him being in Ashburn, I don't see us signing him.

So what if he comes here. No big deal honestly. People need to stop worrying about his past.

I don't think it's so much worrying about his past as it is worrying that he was never that good a passer, hasn't played in two years (and therefore won't play too much of a role this season in all likelihood), and isn't a good fit for our offense.

I just don't see the sense in it. He probably won't be ready this year, so we're planning for the future when Vick is 30+. Who knows if he'll still have the same athletic ability he used to? Not to mention it once again alienates our starting QB. I know people don't want to hear that but it's true. Signing Vick would all but send Campbell off after 2009, regardless of whether he throws for 13 TDs or 30.

He is also friends with DeAngelo Hall. Perhaps they were visiting before training camp? So what if he was up here. He also went to Virginia Tech. Is it possible that he knows people who went to Tech who live in this area? If he signs on this team is it going to be the end of the world? Come on, Dana Stubblefield beat his wife, and stole millions of dollars with his bad playing while he was here and where were the protest lines then?

From what I've seen, Goodell has left it open that he could be fully reinstated before then.

Basically, Goodell's decision was that Vick could either be reinstated fully before week 6, after week 6, or not this season depending on Vick's behavior. Although I figure if Vick screws up again it means a lifetime ban.

Nice way of getting around the decision, Roger!

ESPN said he was reinstated today, but they havent decided how long the suspension is going to be. Anywehre from 0 regular season games to 6.

But Vick IS reinstated, he can be signed by any team from here on out

Archived