Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins/Vick AND Tanner Cooley's twitter and FB: Mike Vick was in Ashburn today.

theredskinsfan

You people that think Michael Vick is actually a good QB are insane. He held his offense back. How do you make Roddy White suck?

You know that some of us want to sign him to play something other than QB, right?

(You might really know, I'm just asking because I can't tell if you're talking to the very few "Let's put Vick at QB people," or if you're talking to anybody who wants to sign him.)

Are you implying that Michael Vick is a better pure passer than Jason Campbell?

Have you ever seen Michael Vick's stats as a passer? Even with the threat of his running, they are bad.

I'm saying maybe the reason that Roddy White only had 446 yards in 2005 is because he was a rookie. Maybe the reason that Roddy White only had 506 yards in 2006 is because he only started five games.

You know that some of us want to sign him to play something other than QB, right?

(You might really know, I'm just asking because I can't tell if you're talking to the very few "Let's put Vick at QB people," or if you're talking to anybody who wants to sign him.)

No just the QB people. Punt returns, wild cat, receiving, all would be nice.

You could say the exact same thing about JC, and his fit in the WCO.

Neither may be right for this offense. And, this offense might not be right for the team.

Impossible to say just yet. If Zorn bombs, Shanahan would keep the WCO.

But Cowher?

Way too early to say what offense we will be running twelve months from now.

Sure, there are lots of variables in this.

You are just not going to sell me on the fact that he is a viable starter for the Washington Redskins at QB. And I love the guy, got to watch him personally put Virginia Tech on the map when I was in college

However he needs to a) get the hell away from the tidewater area for his personal sake and get rid of the past demons and hanger ons and B) be in an offense that makes full use of his skill set, which means lots of downfield passing.

Playing in a WCO, even for a year, would be a waste for him

Sure, there are lots of variables in this.

You are just not going to sell me on the fact that he is a viable starter for the Washington Redskins at QB. And I love the guy, got to watch him personally put Virginia Tech on the map when I was in college

However he needs to a) get the hell away from the tidewater area for his personal sake and get rid of the past demons and hanger ons and B) be in an offense that makes full use of his skill set, which means lots of downfield passing.

Playing in a WCO, even for a year, would be a waste for him

1. Tony Dungy is now his mentor. Tony Dungy>>>punks or a posse from Tidewater.

2. If nothing else, what is the harm in letting him try out as a punt returner to start? Better than risking injury to Moss or D Hall. And could he possibly be any worse at prs than ARE?

I just don't see how the world ends if we bring him in to see what he has.

Will he make the team? Nobody knows. Would it kill us to take a look and find out? I don't believe so.

1. Tony Dungy is now his mentor. Tony Dungy>>>punks or a posse from Tidewater.

2. If nothing else, what is the harm in letting him try out as a punt returner to start? Better than risking injury to Moss or D Hall. And could he possibly be any worse at prs than ARE?

I just don't see how the world ends if we bring him in to see what he has.

Will he make the team? Nobody knows. Would it kill us to take a look and find out? I don't believe so.

Point 2 I agree with.

If its clear that the team is going to try him out in a few different roles (I'd be excited to see him at PR, hell you could put him AND d-hall back there for kicks), then I don't think it'd be a problem.

There is certainly PLENTY you can do with the guy with his skill set.

Do I think though this is the best place to do it, even with Tony Dungy as a mentor? Honestly, no. Not with how Zorn runs thing (no Wildcat for instance) and not in a WCO.

By the time another coach came in he'd be 30. How many NFL QB's not named Steve Young became legit starters in their 30s?

Point 2 I agree with.

If its clear that the team is going to try him out in a few different roles (I'd be excited to see him at PR, hell you could put him AND d-hall back there for kicks), then I don't think it'd be a problem.

There is certainly PLENTY you can do with the guy with his skill set.

Do I think though this is the best place to do it, even with Tony Dungy as a mentor? Honestly, no. Not with how Zorn runs thing (no Wildcat for instance) and not in a WCO.

By the time another coach came in he'd be 30. How many NFL QB's not named Steve Young became legit starters in their 30s?

Hey, punt returner works for me. Couldn't hurt to at least take a look.

And on the qbs....there have been several. Garcia and Kurt Warner come to mind immediately.

Not the worst move this franchise has made.

Bring him in....see if he wants to return punts. He is cheap.

See how it goes from there. He may gas at the first practice, and be done. But totally writing him off doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

One potentially HUGE side benefit that no one is thinking about:

Tony Dungy

He has said he will take personal responsibility for Michael Vick.

Tony Dungy hanging around Redskins Park?

15 years younger than Gibbs.....and much more in-tune with today's game and players?

That wouldn't exactly suck. :2cents:

Dan could benefit from such a strong influence. Dungy knows how to build champions.

Future GM anyone?

Come on, guys - Vick aint playin in the NFL this year

Michael Huyghue has already said that Vick will play in the UFL in 2009, and it's impossible for him to play in the NFL this year !!!

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/08/vick-and-the-uf.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9763784/UFL-will-consider-signing-Vick-for-debut-season?GT1=39002

Are you serious? You did hear about his meeting with Goodell didn't you? Goodell said he will give Vick another chance, which means Vick will be in NFL this year. He'll have to wait till week 6 to play in a game however. But he can still do the team practices.

Are you serious? You did hear about his meeting with Goodell didn't you? Goodell said he will give Vick another chance, which means Vick will be in NFL this year. He'll have to wait till week 6 to play in a game however. But he can still do the team practices.

it's called sarcasm

Archived