Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: JC is the NFL QB Under the Most Pressure

RenegadeTK

Actually, I think more than anything, the money is what makes Free Agency overall a losing proposition. Guy gets the enormous contract, and he's not as hungry. Sure there are exceptions, but overall I believe that to be the case.

Moreso than all that "this player isn't a good fit for the scheme" BS (given as a reason of why their play drops off with their new team)

Actually, I think more than anything, the money is what makes Free Agency overall a losing proposition. Guy gets the enormous contract, and he's not as hungry. Sure there are exceptions, but overall I believe that to be the case.

Moreso than all that "this player isn't a good fit for the scheme" BS (given as a reason of why their play drops off with their new team)

I think FA is sometimes unfair because the original team knows the players' health, rate of decline, attitude, etc.

I just find it odd that the Steelers have lost 100 pro bowlers to free agency since the Mid 90s. And I think three or four have had long-term success once they left.

Is it just bad luck that Jason Taylor played in 2,000 straight games in Miami but can't see the field here because of injuries?

When you have a player in house, you know what you have. When you get a player in free agency, you are basically buying a player from a garage sale. Sure, that toaster looks great. And you plugged it in and it worked. But how can you know that it catches fire if you leave it plugged in for an hour. No inspection or physical will pick that up.

Ohhh.. good point. When i saw this thread i was thinking JC is definitely the one on the hot seat. But Russel can be even more on one. I mean the guy is a #1 pick, if he starts slow Garcia will be in there by game 3.

In campbells case... i dont see him getting replaced until mid season even if he struggles.

So' date=' Romo sits to pee has more pressure because he is already rich?

Explain that to me.[/quote']

I already did:hysterical:

It's expectations that come with the contract. He was paid to QB the cowboys to the playoffs. He hasn't done that.

Nobody including the Redskins brass expect Campbell to do anything close to that so the hot seat under Campbell's hiney might be heating up because the Skins want another QB but Rhomo has higher expectations than Campbell due to the bigger paycheck.

It's expectations that come with the contract. He was paid to QB the cowboys to the playoffs. He hasn't done that.

Nobody including the Redskins brass expect Campbell to do anything close to that so the hot seat under Campbell's hiney might be heating up because the Skins want another QB but Rhomo has higher expectations than Campbell due to the bigger paycheck.

You're assuming the people with the giant contracts give a crap about expectations. You're equating expectations with pressure, which is a mistake. Campbell has no expectations, but he should be worried about finding another starting qb job if he doesn't perform this season.

theres different pressures for both guys. Romo sits to pee is under the most pressure to make the playoffs, thats for sure. but if Romo sits to pee has a bad year, hes not losing his job at all.

campbell is under pressure to play well, and if he doesnt, hes going to lose his job (if he hasnt already).

both are different pressures, but campbell needs to produce more than Romo sits to pee does. if Romo sits to pee doesnt produce, he gets mocked in the media and written about on espn. if campbell doesnt produce, he'll be on the first flight out of here.

theres different pressures for both guys. Romo sits to pee is under the most pressure to make the playoffs, thats for sure. but if Romo sits to pee has a bad year, hes not losing his job at all.

campbell is under pressure to play well, and if he doesnt, hes going to lose his job (if he hasnt already).

both are different pressures, but campbell needs to produce more than Romo sits to pee does. if Romo sits to pee doesnt produce, he gets mocked in the media and written about on espn. if campbell doesnt produce, he'll be on the first flight out of here.

Exactly. The worst thing that happens to Romo sits to pee is that his pride is hurt on ESPN, or what have you. Jason Campbell has to decide whether he becomes Eli Manning (or some other random late bloomer), or Byron Leftwich.

SMH?LOL fans on here want JC to become Montana overnight.Romo sits to pee has no pressure at all.Cowboys don't have to win this year.if Romo sits to pee dosen't turn the ball over,with boneheaded plays he will be fine.JC on the other hand every bad play,fans will be yelling for him to be benched.if we make the playoffs and lose JC will be viewed as the problem.If he has a good season,but decides to leave we will still hate him.JC pressure is Crazy-be amazing or else.nothing short of the nfc championship with this team.WOW

We aren't expecting JC to become Montana but we would like for him to become a solid NFL QB.

(PS:JC is going into his 3rd year as a full-time starter and his 5th season overall. That's hardly "overnight").

im a realist.JC needs more accuracy and touch.Ball placement is key.YAC,JC throws to hard,and too high at times.Example last season Devin Thomas was wide open on a pass play.JC threw a duck to him.his excuse was Devin.T ran the route too short(what a crock of shiggity)that wide open.the ball should be in his chest.i guess if Zorn had a trick play design for the WR to run a 70 yard route with no defender,JC will miss the throw bc the WR ran a 69yard route LOL.JC problem mainly is lack of YAC no plays after the catch.not desicion making or he is stupid.Tom Brady wouldn't win here.why?its the Team.Starting with your coaches,no schemes,no agressiveness,and the main ingredient NO ADJUSTMENTS(say what you want but Joe is still the KING)our only play is to pound CP.we win when CP is going off.we have a Solid WR core,but the coaches wont let them play.our O's job was to let our (overatted but good)Defense be our offense:doh:no qb will succeed here if coaching don't change

i guess Colt Brennan is a two Year Vet now too:chair:

And I don't think Romo sits to pee gives a **** at the end of the day. I think he plays football because it's fun and it gives him the time and money to golf as much as he wants.

(And this should not be viewed as a great criticism of Romo sits to pee. I think Roethlisberger falls into the same category. He plays for a fanbase that hangs QBs in effigy and made Terry Bradshaw into a basket case for the next 35 years. And he just plays like he's in the sandlot half the time. I doubt the guy knows the plays he is calling in the huddle. I'm not convinced he could spell his own last name. But he's young and rich and dates well and has two Super Bowl rings. And he's not going to be out of football until he wants to be, because there is always going to be a team willing to sign a two-time Super Bowl winning QB. He's the walking emobidment of playing with house money right.

Romo sits to pee is playing with house money for different reasons. He shouldn't even be in the league, yet alone the starter for the freakin' Cowboys. If he gets cut tomorrow...again...it's just more time to golf.

Cambpell is playing for a job and a future. He hasn't gotten that second contract that sets you up for life yet. There is no guarantee he will be starting in Week 8, let alone next year. He's the gambler who is down $1500 for the day and only has $100 left in his pocket).

Cambpell is playing for a job and a future. He hasn't gotten that second contract that sets you up for life yet. There is no guarantee he will be starting in Week 8' date=' let alone next year. [i']He's the gambler who is down $1500 for the day and only has $100 left in his pocket).[/i]

I understand your analogy, but JC has a little more than $100 in his pocket. :D

Just the fact that he is on the roster for the Redskins for a fifth year gives him a 2.8 million dollar salary plus bonuses for length of service. That's what I couldn't understand. If the FO was so down on him, why not just cut him and save almost 3 million. Except that the contracts the quarterbacks are getting now would probably have cost them a lot more.

If you mean this season - I guess you are relying on your crystal ball to tell you what will happen.

If you mean last season - TD's / Games last season for both Colt and JC works out .6 Exactly the same.

One of the Jason bashers arguments is how unexciting he plays. I guess Colt's .6 TD's per game were more exciting than JC's. More Cult of Colt logic, I see.

It's not a matter of not liking the man or wanting to bash him, I get pizzed at JC because I know he can play way better then he has. We all have seen this guy has the tools to be a great QB, but he doesn't have the solid mind of one. After finaly being in the same system for 2 years strait, we will all finaly see if this guy really is our future and an elite QB.

IMO, JC will need to do 4 things under pressure to keep his job:

1) Effectively run a no huddle offense to put the team into scoring position. Last year was an embarrassment.

2) Accurately throw fades for completions to move the chains and into the corners of the end zone for TD's to Kelly and Thomas.

3) Take control of the offense by changing a play that would be a disaster with the opposing defense which causes a successful play.

4) *Lead the team into the playoffs. Even if it requires winning a game or two on his own with a throw at the end of 4th quarter or making a play with his feet.

*most important

Either way, I can't wait for the season to begin so us fans can see how this story plays out.

Hail.

Which is why most NFL pundits and the majority of posters here claim that as Campbell goes,so does the Redskins season..

Would you mind posting those polls? I haven't seen either.

In my opinion, it's the other way around. Jason's future depends more on how well the team does than on his own performance.

NFL Network: Total Access on 7/14/09

Deion says that JC is under the most pressure this upcoming season. Main points:

- He has Zorn who he should develop under.

- The FO did him a little dirty by going after Cutler.

- He has a good RB with Portis

- The D carries the team and the o-line needs to step up, but all the pressure falls on the QB either way.

I can't think of a more accurate description of the state the Redskins' signal caller is in. Given Deion's history as an analyst, I wouldn't have expected such a spot-on assessment of the situation, but he really pinned the tail on the donkey, here.

no no no, he got his money he can stink up the joint, and retire rich. :rolleyes:

Ok, I think that was a jab at McD?:D

Anyway, today on First Take they said that Cassel's huge deal was in line with what the average starting qb makes. If so, then maybe its not as bad as I thought.

Furthermore, he was only signed for next year, if I remember right. So had he gone out and had a monster year (doubt it) the Chiefs probably would have had to pay him even more than what they just got him for. So, who knows. I'm kinda pulling for the guy. He's a good story.

Archived