Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: JC is the NFL QB Under the Most Pressure

RenegadeTK

Would you give up two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and a player for a guy who some people say could be "on the verge" of becoming an elite QB?

Would I give up two 1st's, a 3rd, and a player, for Cutler and a fifth in return?

In a heartbeat.

Here's a hypothetical scenario: Jason doesn't improve any, so he's gone, and Colt can't cut it at pro level, so we start over. If we look to draft one of next years class, we'd more than likely have to give up two 1st's to move high enough up the draft pecking order, so your talking the difference between a 3rd and 5th, and that's a VERY small price to pay, even if you look upon it as speculating to accumalte for a player some say could be "on the verge" of becoming an elite QB, as you mentioned.

Sadly, down to fricking McDaniels, and his screwed up valuation of QB's, that ship has sailed, so it's all a mute point now.

Hail.

You seriously think one guy will make us the best in the whole conference? Really? I bleed B&G but i'm gonna have to call BS on this one.

I was responding to the poster who said, allied to our D, Cutler would of elevated us to the best in the East.

For my money, the Giants are still the best team across the board in the conference, so by association, if we're above them, were the best in the NFC.

That was all.

Do I personally think he'd make us the best in the conference? I wouldn't go that far, but we'd sure as heck be serious contenders again and a legit threat for the first time in God knows how long overnight.

Hail.

Actually he knows quite a bit. Hasn't been posting for awhile. Looks like his starting QB JC got dissed with the Cutler talks. Because he is one of those fan that will stand behind the starter no matter who it is.

Now that is a very dedicated fan. :) We should be all like that. But for some it doesn't matter who the starter is as long as they are productive. ;)

If JC doesn't improve and is replaced then Colt is the starter and corrupt3d will be rooting for him even though he currently despise him.

I understand (somewhat) why he feels the need to stand by the starter.

But what I don't understand is his apparent hostility towards Colt and the state of Hawaii in general. :whoknows:

I was responding to the poster who said, allied to our D, Cutler would of elevated us to the best in the East.

For my money, the Giants are still the best team across the board in the conference, so by association, if we're above them, were the best in the NFC.

That was all.

Do I personally think he'd make us the best in the conference? I wouldn't go that far, but we'd sure as heck be serious contenders again and a legit threat for the first time in God knows how long overnight.

Hail.

It would definitely make us instant contenders would it not? I was drooling just thinking about what this offense would be with a guy like Cutler back there. If that is the case then what does that say about Jason? It says what we all know, he is a good game managing QB but not a great one. He will probably have a career like Gus has had which isn't such a bad thing in the long run but not a career that an elite QB would have.

It would definitely make us instant contenders would it not? I was drooling just thinking about what this offense would be with a guy like Cutler back there. If that is the case then what does that say about Jason? It says what we all know, he is a good game managing QB but not a great one. He will probably have a career like Gus has had which isn't such a bad thing in the long run but not a career that an elite QB would have.

Well as I think the Bears are now serious NFC players again, that should answer your question. ;)

I think you know my views on Cutler man, and how it still grates that we missed out thanks to McDaniels valuation of Kyle fricking Orton. That said, at least we can take solace in the fact the ownership finally lost patience with Jason, acknowledged the need for change, and went all out for a major upgrade. Bar the odd quibble that's something and nothing, I can't say I really disagree with anything they've done this off-season, and it's been a while since I've thought like that.

Hail.

Well as I think the Bears are now serious NFC players again, that should answer your question. ;)

I think you know my views on Cutler man, and how it still grates that we missed out thanks to McDaniels valuation of Kyle fricking Orton. That said, at least we can take solace in the fact the ownership finally lost patience with Jason, acknowledged the need for change, and went all out for a major upgrade. Bar the odd quibble that's something and nothing, I can't say I really disagree with anything they've done this off-season, and it's been a while since I've thought like that.

Hail.

I agree the moves they have made so far this year have been very good except for letting Cutler slip through which as you mentioned really not there fault. I just wish they would open the QB comp fully and let the chips fall where they may. As you know I think Jason is a great guy (off the field) but I can't stand the way he plays on the field. He is a morning glory that looks great in practice and does all the right things but in the game just isn't a leader. Add to that I am sick and tried of wasting key players careers such as Portis, Moss, Samuels etc. waiting for Jason. Baltimore did that with Boller (I thought they were nuts then too) and wasted A LOT of time plus the Coaches job.

As long as we're winning the Skins will stick with Jason....unless he's absolutely horrible.

True I don't see him improving but others around him might enough to go better then 8-8. If we are 2-2 in the first quarter of the season or worse the fans will be asking VERY LOUDLY and that might just might force a change.

Also a lot can happen in the preseason so I guess only time will tell.

This is the way I feel. We have changed coaches and quarterbacks more times than hollywood has changed clothes, and so far that has gotten us nowhere. So why don't we try some consistency Instead of change this time, or we can get rid of Jason Campbell, and have Colt start off slow as well and be right back at square one saying the same things about him.

This is the way I feel. We have changed coaches and quarterbacks more times than hollywood has changed clothes, and so far that has gotten us nowhere. So why don't we try some consistency Instead of change this time, or we can get rid of Jason Campbell, and have Colt start off slow as well and be right back at square one saying the same things about him.

I have serious doubts about Jason but I'm willing to give him this season.

I have serious doubts about Jason but I'm willing to give him this season.

I am usually one of those guys that says lets give it some time it will work out but in this case I am not. Biggest reason is ANOTHER year waiting for Jason is taking another year away from your core player's careers and that hurts the most. How many does Portis have left? Samuels? Moss?, Fletcher? etc. That is where is hurts the most.

I am usually one of those guys that says lets give it some time it will work out but in this case I am not. Biggest reason is ANOTHER year waiting for Jason is taking another year away from your core player's careers and that hurts the most. How many does Portis have left? Samuels? Moss?, Fletcher? etc. That is where is hurts the most.

Good point. :(

Excellent point and that's why I'm out of patients with the man myself.

Heck JC isn't under the most pressure to succeed on the Redskins, Haynesworth and Hall are ahead of him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/07/18/hall-faces-as-much-pressure-as-haynesworth

Click link for entire article

Hall faces as much pressure as Haynesworth

Posted July 18, 2009 By Eric Edholm

Everyone is interested to see just how dominant DT Albert Haynesworth will be with the Redskins following his megadeal, and rightfully so. But right behind him on the list of players who must perform after getting paid is CB DeAngelo Hall, who is being counted on to fulfill his major-money deal this offseason, too. Hall played well in seven games with the team after being cut by the Raiders and is said to be a good fit in what the Redskins want to do this season, although he struggled badly in a heavily man-coverage scheme in Oakland. He also has been known to be an inconsistent player who makes the highlight interception one play but breaks down the next. In addition, Hall was branded as a me-first player in his time with the Falcons, although some former teammates have disputed that. Whatever his reputation, Hall was paid to be a front-line corner for the Redskins, and he will have nearly as much pressure to perform as Haynesworth does.

but I thought he can be lazy and retire rich with no pressure like Big Al :whoknows:

I disagree. Defense wins championships. Just takle a look at the winners from this decade.

2000 Ravens

2001 Patriots

2002 Buccaneers

2003 Patriots

2004 Patriots

2005 Steelers

2006 Colts

2007 Giants

2008 Steelers

The only offensive juggernaut that won during that span was the Colts, and what finally got them over the hump was an outstanding defense in the playoffs. People might want to say the Pats too, but if you look at the offensive numbers, they were pretty pedestrian. Most of the Pats games were lower scoring affairs won on the foot of Vinnateri (sp). In fact, every year the Pats won the whole thing, their defense was top 5. The offense was not.

There are three problems with your argument that "defense wins championships." The first is that you offer a small sample size. Even if you offered the 40-year history of the Super Bowl, you're only talking about 40 football games.

The second is that there is no valid objective measure of the relative quality of an offense and defense. Those rankings you are talking about have no merit. Without a lengthy explanation, I can only say that there are reasons why the best offenses will almost certainly NOT be among the league leaders in yardage, or point scoring, for that matter.

Finally, and this is the most important for me, you offer no logical basis. Why would a championship game be determined by a different set of factors than a regular season game? Why is it more important to stop the opponent from scoring points than it is to score points in a championship game?

I think the best team overall is more likely to win a football game. It doesn't matter how the units on that team grade out.

So are you saying that a CB and DT are under more pressure/scrutiny than a starting QB??

:no:

Haynesworth and Hall have proven that they can play at a high level. JC has not. If JC fails this year, he'll most likely be fighting for a spot somewhere else, or fall to being a backup for most of the rest of his career.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/07/18/hall-faces-as-much-pressure-as-haynesworth

Click link for entire article

Hall faces as much pressure as Haynesworth

Posted July 18, 2009 By Eric Edholm

Everyone is interested to see just how dominant DT Albert Haynesworth will be with the Redskins following his megadeal, and rightfully so. But right behind him on the list of players who must perform after getting paid is CB DeAngelo Hall, who is being counted on to fulfill his major-money deal this offseason, too. Hall played well in seven games with the team after being cut by the Raiders and is said to be a good fit in what the Redskins want to do this season, although he struggled badly in a heavily man-coverage scheme in Oakland. He also has been known to be an inconsistent player who makes the highlight interception one play but breaks down the next. In addition, Hall was branded as a me-first player in his time with the Falcons, although some former teammates have disputed that. Whatever his reputation, Hall was paid to be a front-line corner for the Redskins, and he will have nearly as much pressure to perform as Haynesworth does.

but I thought he can be lazy and retire rich with no pressure like Big Al :whoknows:

I still say he has one more big contract in him before he signs for the minimum in New England and makes the Pro Bowl.

Seriously, the story writes itself.

Once again, Bubba (and I will try to go slowly for you)....In THEORY, Hall has pressure on him because he has the reputation of a turd and should be on his last chance to prove himself.

In reality, Hall probably is a turd and doesn't give a damn because he keeps being rewarded for being a turd.

I think there are some players who put pressure on themselves to live up to their deals. Peyton Manning seems like that kind of cat. Hines Ward. Ray Lewis. Players who think of football in historical terms. I heard Roethsliberger on PTI last month say that he needs to win three more Super Bowls to be happy, and I kind of believed him.

I don't think Hall falls into that category. As long as he keeps cashing checks, he is going to do what he do.

Archived