Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: JC is the NFL QB Under the Most Pressure

RenegadeTK

I want every player to excell on this team, but the fact is the QB is the leader and Jason definately has a lot to prove this year. His opening game is going to be a very tough one again in NY, but many of us truly believe this team can win with the right leader. Plain and simple if JC comes out sluggish, gun shy, and looking bad, by the end of game one fans will be screaming for a change, especialy if Colt or Todd out plays JC in the preseason. That is the life of a QB in Washington!

I haven't looked closely enough at the schedule yet, but I guarantee he isn't our starting qb after the bye week.

If we go into halftime at our first home game with only 3 points on the board, the boo birds will kill him everytime he throws one 5 yards over a receiver's head, or he holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked.

5 games sounds about right for his season this year.

The boo birds may not even wait for the regular season. They may be on him in the preseason--especially if Colt looks even 75% as he good as he did last preseason.

I get this gut feeling that Jason Campbell is going to be rich by Thanksgiving.

Call me crazy, but I just get the sense that Campbell has a big chip on his shoulder. All the flirting with other QB's may of been the best thing that has happened to him.

Atleast, thats the sense I get.

I agreed with Deion about JC being under MORE pressure than Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee can win during the regular season ..it's just after getting to the playoffs is when he chokes.I was glad to hear Jamie Dukes say that Romo sits to pee chokes in the post season. Romo sits to pee does get the job done during the regular season ,and you can't take that away from him.JC has yet to do what Romo sits to pee has. I'm thinking anything less than a playoff apperance or it's curtains for JC in D.C.

Here's to the Redskins being successful in the 2009-10 season :)

:rotflmao:Please pass me some of whatever you are smoking.

Haynesworth and Hall are already paid. Guaranteed contracts.

They could both stink up the joint, and retire rich.

They are under the least amount of pressure on the entire team.

If JC sucks again....this might be his last year in the league.

Exactly. If he doesn't get re-signed here, he'll have to fight for the starting job somewhere else...it sure as Hell won't be handed to him. Plus he'll have to learn ANOTHER offensive system, which will be another strike against him.

Sorry Deion, your boy Romo sits to pee is the #1 choice

no more TO, no playoffs last year, Wade on the hot seat, Dallas gave up all those draft picks for a guywhoe had 1, 1000 yard season.... ad Turnover Tony crumbles under pressure

There are a couple of guys that will have lot of pressure on them. Campbell is one. I think Cutler has alot, considering what the Bears gave up to get him. Romo sits to pee does as well.

Bubba..Jason hasn't accomplished half of what Romo sits to pee has.

I know he's a Cowboy but try and be a little objective. :)

That doesnt matter, what matters is expectation. Romo sits to pee has a ton of pressure. The Cowboys have underachieved and Jones got rid of T.O. to make Romo sits to pee happy. Romo sits to pee needs to play well in Dec AND win a playoff game or he is in real trouble. Playing well in Sept doesnt mean squat if your choking all over the place come crunch time. Jason has pressure as well, along with Jay Cutler.

Romo sits to pee has more pressue because he's already been given millions to lead his team to the promised land. Currently he is under performing on his contract. JC can suck again and there is no love lost except for the draft picks given up but at this point those are already water under the bridge.

Romo sits to pee has way more pressure on him than JC does.

Romo sits to pee has more pressue because he's already been given millions to lead his team to the promised land. Currently he is under performing on his contract. JC can suck again and there is no love lost except for the draft picks given up but at this point those are already water under the bridge.

Romo sits to pee has way more pressure on him than JC does.

I just don't understand this point of view. Romo sits to pee has the big contract with 30 million or whatever it is. Jason Campbell's future in the NFL rests on how he performs this season. How is Romo sits to pee under more pressure? :whoknows:

Actually I kind of agree with him. Yeah, it's a bit crazy to say how the season is going to go in just one game, nevermind one half. But I think the trend of this team is that they don't start strong, and if that continues this season, history will lead us to believe that the Skins may very well be another average team.

From what i recall we started 6-2 last season. If thats a slow start then just about every team started slow

I disagree with the sentiment that the Redskins' success hinges on Campbell. As an unproven, final year of his contract, disgruntled quarterback, his leash is going to be too short to entirely doom the campaign with poor play before he's yanked. 3-4 games is probably all he's got to show dramatic improvement. After that, Collins or Brennan come in with plenty of season to salvage, if it turns out that Jason was indeed the problem.

I just don't understand this point of view. Romo sits to pee has the big contract with 30 million or whatever it is. Jason Campbell's future in the NFL rests on how he performs this season. How is Romo sits to pee under more pressure? :whoknows:

Romo sits to pee was given a $60M contract to perform. Campbell hasn't been given the contract or the expectation.

Please pass me some of whatever you are smoking.

Haynesworth and Hall are already paid. Guaranteed contracts.

They could both stink up the joint, and retire rich.

They are under the least amount of pressure on the entire team.

Dude, if you took anything else you'd overdose

I know common sense is hard for you to follow but I'll try to explain some to you

the fact they both got huge contracts is the VERY REASON they will be under pressure to preform....

Haynesworth making the most money for a defensive player, the criticism has already begun... saying he was playing for a contract (hmmmm) he will be content. If he has anything less than a stellar season he will be label a overrated bust something you can't shake long after you retire (the name Sean Gilbert has already been mentioned in connection with his contract)

Hall has been blasted already for his new contract after last year's firing in Oakland, he has the overrated tag on him.... look how upset his Madden rating made him.

High profile FA playing for a contract.... that's always considered an incentive to play great not pressure

If JC sucks again....this might be his last year in the league.

that is the silliest thing you've ever said.... and that is saying something

all the bad qb's who are in the NFL some as starters....:hysterical: much worse QB's have lasted years in the NFL... Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Chris Wenke, Joey Harrington, Chad Henning, Rick Meir

Rex Grossman, David Carr on on rosters.... no matter how much some want to bash Campbell he's way better than them

One half is going to define a quarterback for the season? That's absurd.

I agree, 4 games in we will know whether JC learned anything in the off season, and if he's going to be the super bowl QB some think he is. No need to waste a season in hopes the old light bulb goes off because of the proverbial man crush by some fans!

You can add Cassel to this list. Wow. What were the Chiefs thinking? I don't know what the rush was to give this guy that big of a contract extension. That has bust written all over it.

no no no, he got his money he can stink up the joint, and retire rich. :rolleyes:

What are they going to do, take it away from him?

No but ask any owner what he expects out of a guy on a $60M contract compared to a guy on a $10M contract.

Certainly you expect more out of a guy who is already making franchise money, no?

:)

I haven't looked closely enough at the schedule yet, but I guarantee he isn't our starting qb after the bye week.

If we go into halftime at our first home game with only 3 points on the board, the boo birds will kill him everytime he throws one 5 yards over a receiver's head, or he holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked.

The boo birds may not even wait for the regular season. They may be on him in the preseason--especially if Colt looks even 75% as he good as he did last preseason.

I know your right McD5, because I will be one of them screaming for the change. I want to see JC play like everyone expected him to and burn up defenses, but the truth is he hasn't. We already seen the rest of this team can win with the right leader at QB, and if JC can't get this offense scoring, then we have to make a switch. If Zorn leaves him in playing poorly and we miss the playoffs again, I guarantee he will be the next one on the chopping block!

I look at the names of our WR's and RB's and it makes me sick to see an offense like this average 7 to 10 points a game. There is no excuse for this offense to not even out score Detroit or Cincy in the 2nd half of the season, and fingers will always point first at the QB position. This offense could and should average 25-27 points a game, and with the way our D has played, that's a world championship title.

Originally Posted by McD5 viewpost.gif

I know your right McD5, because I will be one of them screaming for the change. I want to see JC play like everyone expected him to and burn up defenses, but the truth is he hasn't. We already seen the rest of this team can win with the right leader at QB, and if JC can't get this offense scoring, then we have to make a switch.

If Colt looks 75% as good as last year he will score 2 TD's for all 4 games.

That should be exciting and really get the crowd fired up. sd0gp5.jpg

IMO, it has to be JC on the hot seat. The guy i talented,he just doesn't know how to use it when he needs to.

I mentioned before, by the end of the 1st half of the 1st reg. game, we'll all know if he's gotten over the funk...

If he doesn't light it up against the Giants' defense, I won't be upset.

You're absolutely right.....the Washington Redskins '09/'10 season & Jason Campbell's future in the NFL relies heavily on "boo birds"

Archived