Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: JC is the NFL QB Under the Most Pressure

RenegadeTK

I agree that Campbell has the most pressure on him. After our FO openly went after Campbell and was interested in Sanchez they showed Campbell that they do not believe he is a franchise Qb. This will be his 5th year in the league and 3rd as a starter. 13 Td passes will not get it done in the nfl and does not deserve big money. Its time to start putting up points.

I agree that Romo sits to pee has alot of pressure on him but I think if they fail to make the playoffs this year then the following year I think Romo sits to pee will be under immense pressure. I dont think Jerry will give up on Romo sits to pee that quickly. I also think Cutler has alot of pressure on him but still not as much as Campbell. Cutler has proved he can play at a higher level then Campbell in this league. He is also going to have a much better defense with the Bears then he ever did in Denver.

man... i STILL dont understand all the colt statements. people are aware that he hasnt even won the #2 spot right? yet the stands are going to be chanting for him?

JC has the most pressure on him without a doubt. Does anyone remember reading the article about how JC hesitated to throw it to Devin, so instead he would wait until Moss or Cooley got open? Can you imagine how much of a handicap that is for a QB? I really think this kid can establish himself this year with an upgraded oline, a healthy CP, and WRs he can trust now.

THAT is why he is under the most pressure. because he has parts around him, and if he doesnt succeed, it falls on him now. winners usually find a way to win, it's time to see if JC can do that.

Boy do a lot of you have issues. Why are people predicting failure for our QB? Why not root for him and cheer for the team you supposedly love.

If he sucks he sucks and we have our answer. But it seems a lot of you WANT him to suck so you can be right. Doesn't sound like much of a fan to me.

It is funny, so many fans booed Brunell in 2004 and he gets benched. Only to come back the next year (2nd year, sound familiar?) and played lights out and took us to the playoffs. Why doesn't everyone relax and enjoy the season? Win or lose, they are still our Redskins.

man... i STILL dont understand all the colt statements. people are aware that he hasnt even won the #2 spot right? yet the stands are going to be chanting for him?

JC has the most pressure on him without a doubt. Does anyone remember reading the article about how JC hesitated to throw it to Devin, so instead he would wait until Moss or Cooley got open? Can you imagine how much of a handicap that is for a QB? I really think this kid can establish himself this year with an upgraded oline, a healthy CP, and WRs he can trust now.

THAT is why he is under the most pressure. because he has parts around him, and if he doesnt succeed, it falls on him now. winners usually find a way to win, it's time to see if JC can do that.

maybe its cause you dont live in VA, but colt definitely has a big "buzz" around here. he gets mentioned on the radio, lots of fans are aware of what he did in college, everyone knows about his preseason last year, and hes a great story.

trust me, if campbell falters, and if colt shows ANYTHING resembling good in preseason, you'll hear colt chants. whether theyre right or wrong, the chants will be heard.

maybe its cause you dont live in VA, but colt definitely has a big "buzz" around here. he gets mentioned on the radio, lots of fans are aware of what he did in college, everyone knows about his preseason last year, and hes a great story.

trust me, if campbell falters, and if colt shows ANYTHING resembling good in preseason, you'll hear colt chants. whether theyre right or wrong, the chants will be heard.

I am still trying to understand what was so promising of Colt in last preseason? Two of his TD's were horrible throws that turned out good. He made way to many bad decisions, but overall his numbers looked good.

I don't care who succeeds for us at QB, but I am not sure why Colt is getting all the love as though he was lights out last preseason.

Thats 7 more points then JC is scoring :hysterical:

If you mean this season - I guess you are relying on your crystal ball to tell you what will happen.

If you mean last season - TD's / Games last season for both Colt and JC works out .6 Exactly the same.

One of the Jason bashers arguments is how unexciting he plays. I guess Colt's .6 TD's per game were more exciting than JC's. More Cult of Colt logic, I see.

radio buzz means nothing.

his college accomplishments will forever be tainted by the fact that he went to hawaii and played in a nothing conference. lets not forget the fact that his last game in that jersey was a debacle.

his preseason last year was VERY promising... but let's not forget the competition he was playing against. there is a WIDE GAP between first string and third string, which is why they usually stay on special teams or the PS

great story? yeah, i suppose. but even that will be tainted by the allegations.

i mean, i am rooting for the guy to succeed. i enjoy watching him on the field and have not seen an interview from him i didnt like. i hope he can continue to develop into a NFL caliber QB, but let's not let that blind us into thinking he can come of the bench week 1 and lead us to victory. Zorn is a QB coach and our FO has shown no loyalty to JC, so if Zorn believed that Colt could lead this team better, he would be in there in a heartbeat. so let's go on what he says, rather than the fanbase and local radio shows.

I am still trying to understand what was so promising of Colt in last preseason? Two of his TD's were horrible throws that turned out good. He made way to many bad decisions, but overall his numbers looked good.

I don't care who succeeds for us at QB, but I am not sure why Colt is getting all the love as though he was lights out last preseason.

sometimes bad decisions turn out good, its just the way sports are. you think mark brunell throwing into double or triple coverage at the end of the jags game in 2006 was a good idea? probably not, but moss hauled it down and we won. sometimes stuff works out that way, dont just discredit it cause it was "a bad decision".

again, colt posted some of the top numbers for a QB in preseason, take a look for yourself. against all other rookies, here were colts numbers:

67.9 comp %: 1st

3 TD: 1st

6 passes of 20+: 1st

109.9 QB rating: 1st

411 yards: 1st

7.8 YPA: 2nd

sacked 8 times: 1st (as in most times sacked)

chalk that up to whatever you want, but those are the numbers he posted last preseason. thats impressive for a 6th round pick no matter how you slice it, and its definitely easy to see why some get very excited about his potential.

:rotflmao:Please pass me some of whatever you are smoking.

Haynesworth and Hall are already paid. Guaranteed contracts.

They could both stink up the joint, and retire rich.

They are under the least amount of pressure on the entire team.

If JC sucks again....this might be his last year in the league.

The idea that DeAngelo Hall feels any pressure is ridiculous.

"Oh my gosh! If I get cut, I only get to keep my bonus and sign a huge contract with the Cowboys next year! I probably only have two more teams to screw before I go to New England and inevitably become a Pro Bowler!"

DeAngelo Hall is wiping his ass with hunderd dollar bills right now. He's as relaxed as a fat sleeping housecat.

radio buzz means nothing.

his college accomplishments will forever be tainted by the fact that he went to hawaii and played in a nothing conference. lets not forget the fact that his last game in that jersey was a debacle.

his preseason last year was VERY promising... but let's not forget the competition he was playing against. there is a WIDE GAP between first string and third string, which is why they usually stay on special teams or the PS

great story? yeah, i suppose. but even that will be tainted by the allegations.

i mean, i am rooting for the guy to succeed. i enjoy watching him on the field and have not seen an interview from him i didnt like. i hope he can continue to develop into a NFL caliber QB, but let's not let that blind us into thinking he can come of the bench week 1 and lead us to victory. Zorn is a QB coach and our FO has shown no loyalty to JC, so if Zorn believed that Colt could lead this team better, he would be in there in a heartbeat. so let's go on what he says, rather than the fanbase and local radio shows.

radio buzz means a lot as far as fans are concerned. im not saying radio buzz is gonna jump him into the starting seat, but youre saying you dont understand the colt statements, it shouldnt be tough to grasp. impressive college numbers, impressive preseason numbers, 6th round draft pick, gunslinger mentality, radio buzz. all that adds up to him being a media darling and the favorite guy to clamour for if campbell fails.

again, whether its right or wrong is not the debate, you should just be able to see that hes next in line in terms of the "hot" or "buzz" player on this team.

It's easy to see why Colt is so popular. He's the great unknown. Everyone can project whatever they want to believe onto him.

It's exactly the same way we felt about JC when Brunell was playing.

When you know what you have, it's easy to imagine what you don't have.

Frankly, I think Colt will be a disaster if he is ever made a starter. But I completely understand why fans are infatuated with him.

Romo sits to pee has more pressue because he's already been given millions to lead his team to the promised land. Currently he is under performing on his contract. JC can suck again and there is no love lost except for the draft picks given up but at this point those are already water under the bridge.

Romo sits to pee has way more pressure on him than JC does.

So, Romo sits to pee has more pressure because he is already rich?

Explain that to me.

Here is what people don't seem to understand, because everyone thinks that pro athletes are little leaguers who want to make their dad proud. In pro sports, the pressure is about earning your next contract. Once you have that, everything else is easy.

Albert Haynesworth can go on a five-state crime spree right now if he wants to. He gots his money. Last year, he had to behave himself.

Tony Romo sits to pee can have an orgy with an entire Hooters staff every night. He gots his money.

Jason Campbell does not have a ****ing job in 2010 at the moment. He's under pressure.

Seriously, does Tony Romo sits to pee look like he gives a damn to you? He's got enough money in the bank right now to buy a huge house on a golf course and play 36 holes a day for the rest of his natural life. The only pressure he feels might be qualifying for the PGA Tour. I get the impression that his goal is to eventually be a backup QB in Arizona because it would mean a lot of free time to golf.

radio buzz means a lot as far as fans are concerned. im not saying radio buzz is gonna jump him into the starting seat, but youre saying you dont understand the colt statements, it shouldnt be tough to grasp. impressive college numbers, impressive preseason numbers, 6th round draft pick, gunslinger mentality, radio buzz. all that adds up to him being a media darling and the favorite guy to clamour for if campbell fails.

again, whether its right or wrong is not the debate, you should just be able to see that hes next in line in terms of the "hot" or "buzz" player on this team.

but it is ONLY local buzz. orton in chicago had legit buzz. Romo sits to pee in dallas had legit buzz (mostly bc their star player was his biggest cheerleader). rodgers in green bay had legit buzz. schaub in atlanta had legit buzz. the reason these guys had buzz is because people saw then having the potential to start over who was under center. i have not heard anyone even remotely legit say colt has the potential to start this year. i still think that Collins takes over if JC gets benched.

Contracts aside, both Haynesworth and Hall have proven that they are capable of being elite at this level. While Hall hasn't been as consistent, he's played well enough to reel in not one but two elite contracts from two seperate ball clubs. And Haynesworth is considered one of the best at his position, if not the best, in all of football.

So regardless of what anyone thinks about JC's potential, he has yet to prove he is elite, much less a legitimate starter.

Add in equal doses of a contract year, the Redskins FO maneuvering all offseason to try to replace him, and the most important position in football, and its hard to argue that anyone on the Redskins is under more pressure than JC.

Certainly not the DT who has already proven he is among the best in the game and the benefactor of a $100 million long term contract.

Contracts aside, both Haynesworth and Hall have proven that they are capable of being elite at this level. Regardless of what anyone thinks about JC's potential, he has yet to prove he is elite, much less a legitimate starter.

So, add in a dose of contract year, the Redskins FO maneuvering all offseason to try to replace him, and the most important position in football, and its hard to argue that anyone on the Redskins is under more pressure than JC.

Certainly not the DT who is arguably the best in the game and the benefactor of a $100 million long term contract.

But he has to live up to the contract, Zoony. And if he has proven anything in his career, Albert Haynesworth has proven that how others view him is very important to him.

Excuse me?

Oh...wait....I was just told that I was thinking of Kurt Warner.

Excuse me?

Oh...wait....Albert Haynesworth just called me and told me to stick my opinion up my ass.

What's that?

Yes...he also told me that he just banged my wife.

but it is ONLY local buzz. orton in chicago had legit buzz. Romo sits to pee in dallas had legit buzz (mostly bc their star player was his biggest cheerleader). rodgers in green bay had legit buzz. schaub in atlanta had legit buzz. the reason these guys had buzz is because people saw then having the potential to start over who was under center. i have not heard anyone even remotely legit say colt has the potential to start this year. i still think that Collins takes over if JC gets benched.

what do you mean "legit buzz"? are you saying legit as in, espn buzz and not local radio buzz? and youre right its only local buzz, but im just telling you, if campbell falters, you will hear colt chants at games. its going to happen.

what do you mean "legit buzz"? are you saying legit as in, espn buzz and not local radio buzz? and youre right its only local buzz, but im just telling you, if campbell falters, you will hear colt chants at games. its going to happen.

i mean writers, analysts, former players and former coaches believing that they could come in and play better than the player ahead of them. it seems like all the hype for Colt begins and ends with the fans. i do believe a LOT of fans will want colt to come in if JC struggles, i'm just saying i dont understand the logic behind it when the coaching staff and the "experts" dont agree.

i mean writers, analysts, former players and former coaches believing that they could come in and play better than the player ahead of them. it seems like all the hype for Colt begins and ends with the fans. i do believe a LOT of fans will want colt to come in if JC struggles, i'm just saying i dont understand the logic behind it when the coaching staff and the "experts" dont agree.

In fariness, coaches and experts can be just as dumb as fans.

Parcells stuck with the statue that was Drew Bledsoe while the fans demanded Romo sits to pee.

Gibbs stuck with Brunell through some of the worst football in history while a younger player languished.

The Steelers were going to start Tommy Maddox all through 2004. He got hurt and Roethlisberger only goes 15-1.

When someone tells me that "Well...the coaches think..." I pretty much tune it out. Because I think they are as dumb as we are.

Having said that, I don't think Colt will ever be a starter in the NFL.

In fariness' date=' coaches and experts can be just as dumb as fans.

Parcells stuck with the statue that was Drew Bledsoe while the fans demanded Romo sits to pee.

Gibbs stuck with Brunell through some of the worst football in history while a younger player languished.

The Steelers were going to start Tommy Maddox all through 2004. He got hurt and Roethlisberger only goes 15-1.

When someone tells me that "Well...the coaches think..." I pretty much tune it out. Because I think they are as dumb as we are.

Having said that, I don't think Colt will ever be a starter in the NFL.[/quote']

I understand your point... but i value their opinion a whole lot higher than the opinion of some disgruntled fans who really only have a couple of quarters in the preseason to base their opinion on a 6th round qb who most didnt believe would cut it in the nfl.

In fariness' date=' coaches and experts can be just as dumb as fans.

Having said that, I don't think Colt will ever be a starter in the NFL.[/quote']

I think that you should give coaches more credit. Three examples in five years? There's 32 starting quarterbacks per year, and that's with no injury. I think that three out of, what? 160 or so?, is pretty damn good.

The coaches are coaches for a reason. We're not coaches for a reason. And Brunell did not, in any way, play some of the worst football in history.

I think that you should give coaches more credit. Three examples in five years? There's 32 starting quarterbacks per year, and that's with no injury. I think that three out of, what? 160 or so?, is pretty damn good.

The coaches are coaches for a reason. We're not coaches for a reason. And Brunell did not, in any way, play some of the worst football in history.

I just made examples out of the good coaches. Parcells, Cowher, Gibbs, and Belichik are the dummies in my example.

I don't worry about the Brad Childresses of the world.

Archived