Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Bradford- since were going to try and trade for him

hitmandm

Two things:

1.) At what point in time will people stop thinking it is funny or useful to just respond to points by calling them "epic fails"? Because whatever date it is when everyone moves past that tired and busted meme, I just want to be put into a medically-induced coma until then.

2.) I can't believe that people are still playing the "hate campbell/want him to lose" card. It's bull****. And it is revoltingly used to try to shut down the debate by making a particular opinion mischaracterized and ostracized. No one here WANTS JC to win. Everyone here WANTS JC to become the greatest QB to ever touch a football. The problem is that there are a solid number of people here who have seen enough to realize that JC will not become great, and are ready for the team to start making plans elsewhere. INCIDENTALLY, THIS INCLUDES THE FRONT OFFICE. So are you going to argue that the front office hates JC or wants him to lose? Because they are in the same boat as me. Realize that change is necessary at that position, and relying on JC is just blind hope--and blind hope is a piss poor basis to make future decisions.

Two things:

1.) At what point in time will people stop thinking it is funny or useful to just respond to points by calling them "epic fails"? Because whatever date it is when everyone moves past that tired and busted meme, I just want to be put into a medically-induced coma until then.

2.) I can't believe that people are still playing the "hate campbell/want him to lose" card. It's bull****. And it is revoltingly used to try to shut down the debate by making a particular opinion mischaracterized and ostracized. No one here WANTS JC to win. Everyone here WANTS JC to become the greatest QB to ever touch a football. The problem is that there are a solid number of people here who have seen enough to realize that JC will not become great, and are ready for the team to start making plans elsewhere. INCIDENTALLY, THIS INCLUDES THE FRONT OFFICE. So are you going to argue that the front office hates JC or wants him to lose? Because they are in the same boat as me. Realize that change is necessary at that position, and relying on JC is just blind hope--and blind hope is a piss poor basis to make future decisions.

That was heavy!! LOL topping this post.

That's fine, but pretty much everyone has taken a position around here, and all there is to do is wait and see how things work out. Constantly arguing over the same things and clogging up the message board with the same repetitive arguments is annoying. For better or worse, none of us have any sway on who plays or who we sign or who we cut, so we can argue until we're blue in the face how Campbell sucks or how great he'll be, and it won't matter a wit.

Why would you want Bradford? He is great at beating up the little sisters but he played two elite teams last season and lost to them both by double digits.

Colt McCoy, on the other hand, set the all-time college football completion % record last year while leading his team in rushing. McCoy has never lost a bowl game, has a winning record against Oklahoma, and will win the national championship and heisman this year. That is who the Redskins should draft.

An the fact that I graduated from Texas did not factor into this analysis in any way, shape or form ;)

I thought I would post this fact about our 2010 first round draft pick after the non-TD throwing Campbell is jettisoned.

Bradford is part Cherokee and is listed on their tribal roles. How cool would it be to have a real brave lead the Washington Redskins? Pretty cool.

Thanks for your wonderfully deep insight. This totally deserved its own thread. Congratulations on getting NNT'ed.

(Oh you wait... its comig)...

Getting back to the original post....the Redskins have already had a QB of Native American descent lead them to a Super Bowl, his name was Mark Rypien.

I asked about that back at post #22 (although I already knew the answer), and got very little response.

I'm really surprised that it has taken this long for someone else to mention it.

I asked about that back at post #22 (although I already knew the answer), and got very little response.

I'm really surprised that it has taken this long for someone else to mention it.

It's age, my friend. ES gets younger and younger---I'd say half of the regular posters here probably never saw Rypien play.

Getting back to the original post....the Redskins have already had a QB of Native American descent lead them to a Super Bowl, his name was Mark Rypien.

The Redskins have had several QB's of diverse ethnic origins.

Slingin Sammy I believe had Native American blood, as well as being a Texician, Sonny Jurgenson (Scandinavian name), Mark Rypien (Native American), Doug Williams (Africian American), Theismann (Russian or Polish,.. I forget which), Ferrote (French?), Kilmer (I think is an Irish name),

but considering the United States is a melting pot, I guess most teams also have a diverse QB heritage

Yeah, Peyton Manning does come to mind with those measurables...

So does Jim Druckenmiller.

I don't think that you remember the commercial that Manning was in when he said that.

Paraphrasing:

"Unless you like quarterbacks, you know, 6-5, 220, laser rocket arm . . ."

Definitely a few years back.

We will trade up. We will give up big draft picks. But you cant go anywhere without a franchise QB. If Campbell doesnt crack 20TDs this year and take us to the paloffs, hes done and were trading up big time.
You're talking about 2 first round picks minimum. If Bradford is the consensus #1 next season, which is possible, then you're talking about even more plus a huge contract.

I'd much rather sign a vet and see what we have in our younger QBs if Jason doesn't have a good season or take us to the playoffs.

Why would you want Bradford? He is great at beating up the little sisters but he played two elite teams last season and lost to them both by double digits.

Colt McCoy, on the other hand, set the all-time college football completion % record last year while leading his team in rushing. McCoy has never lost a bowl game, has a winning record against Oklahoma, and will win the national championship and heisman this year. That is who the Redskins should draft.

An the fact that I graduated from Texas did not factor into this analysis in any way, shape or form ;)

Bradford threw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns against Texas .. he didn't have a damn thing to do with the end result of the game. Ryan Reynolds isn't going to go down while you're getting worked every year, so don't get your hopes up. Speaking of playing patsies, how's your out of conference schedule looking this year? About the same as last year it looks like. UTEP should be lethal. OU beat 5 or 6 ranked opponents last year, including 2 OOC foes, but apparently he was beating up on softies.

McCoy doesn't have a pro arm. His chances of succeeding in the NFL are about as good as Mack Brown closing in on the 6-1 gap of Big XII championships Stoops has on him. Don't hold your breath.

"Bradford threw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns against Texas .. he didn't have a damn thing to do with the end result of the game."

....but when it mattered most, and he went back on the field with his team only down single digits, he choked and orchestrated a 3 & out.

"Ryan Reynolds isn't going to go down while you're getting worked every year, so don't get your hopes up."

.....don't need him to this year. OU's o-line, with one returning starter, will be your excuse this year.

"Speaking of playing patsies, how's your out of conference schedule looking this year?"

Terrible......both Utah & Arkansas backed out of contracts to play Texas and Wisconsin bailed at the last minute out of a prime-time game ESPN was trying to put together. By the way, look at SOS last year, Texas played the harder schedule.

"About the same as last year it looks like."

Typical Okie, doesn't have his facts straight.

"McCoy doesn't have a pro arm."

Which is why Kiper & every other NFL guru gave him a first round grade if he left last year? Poor Okie, clueless again......

"His chances of succeeding in the NFL are about as good as Mack Brown closing in on the 6-1 gap of Big XII championships Stoops has on him."

The whole world knows Texas should have won the conference last year. If the Big 12 tiebreaker was like every other BCS conference with a conference title game, Texas would have won the South.

All in all, I'll still take Mack over Stoops. Mac is undefeated in BCS games. Stoops won a title in his 2nd year with someone else's players but with his own recruits, all Stoops has done is embarrass the Big 12.......and have a scandle where kids had no-show jobs at a car dealership. Mack is more ethical and will win another national title before Stoops does....this year.

As for McCoy vs Bradford.......look at what happens when Bradford plays top 10 teams, terrible record. I'll take McCoy.......most accurate passer college football has ever seen, NFL arm AND he beats the tough competition.

By the way, look at SOS last year, Texas played the harder schedule.

Typical Okie, doesn't have his facts straight.

That's cute that you would revert to childish name-calling, but you might want to check your facts before you run your mouth next time. All six computer rankings used for the BCS formula ranked OU as having the harder schedule last year.

For the record, I'm from Montgomery County, MD which will get me called a yuppie more often than an Okie, not that I'm particularly offended by either, but you should watch your mouth. Okie is a derogatory term, as I'm sure you're well aware given your intentionally childish usage of it, used as an all-encompassing insult by Californians to belittle Oklahomans, as well as people from Arkansas and, yes, (gasp) even some from Texas who headed west during the Dust Bowl years. If you're trying to call me white trash or something, guess again, but you just end up looking ridiculous in the process.

Archived