Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another tragic Shooting in the NFL RIP Steve Mcnair **STADIUM EDITION**

W1N_SKINS

Mcnair was an overachiever who had a great NFL career. The guy had stones. I wonder what really happened...

Come on now, overachiever??? I would take that in DC these days, any time! And does it really matter if he overachieved or not? I think that was out of line given the circumstances.

RIP SM, you were fun to watch.

Come on now, overachiever??? I would take that in DC these days, any time! And does it really matter if he overachieved or not? I think that was out of line given the circumstances.

RIP SM, you were fun to watch.

I think you might have taken too much offense to that comment. An overachiever can simply be someone who achieves greater than expected or beyond their means.

McNair came out of a very small school and wasn't the most gifted passer coming into the league. He still managed to have a stellar career. I don't think Gart meant it at a slight, but more of a compliment. Being considered an overachiever can be a great honor.

I think you might have taken too much offense to that comment. An overachiever can simply be someone who achieves greater than expected or beyond their means.

McNair came out of a very small school and wasn't the most gifted passer coming into the league. He still managed to have a stellar career. I don't think Gart meant it at a slight, but more of a compliment. Being considered an overachiever can be a great honor.

Too much offense?

I guess, maybe, but i know full well of his past and accomplishments, hell SM was younger than I am :(

Too much offense?

I guess, maybe, but i know full well of his past and accomplishments, hell SM was younger than I am :(

I get ya. It's a crappy thing to have to see happen to someone who was just coming into the prime of his life, maybe not in football terms but in absolute terms.

I just thought you took offense to it because you said he was out of line. I'm not sure if he was. But anyway, McNair deserves a lot of praise for what he accomplished not only in terms of football but in paving the way for younger black QBs. I know people don't want to touch the race issue, but it does mean a lot if you look at guys like Vince Young, Troy Smith, McNabb, and our own Jason Campbell.

Archived