Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley cow burning...

MattFancy

i understand what you're saying and can respect your opinion. as long as you can respect the opinion that burning a dead animal isn't really a big deal.

I wonder if some of the Hindus in the US might have a problem with this. Can someone who know more about that chime in please.

I wonder if some of the Hindus in the US might have a problem with this. Can someone who know more about that chime in please.

"Hindus regard all living- creatures as sacred mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honor her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity. To the Hindu, the cow symbolizes all other creatures. The cow is a symbol of the Earth, the nourisher, the ever-giving, undemanding provider. The cow represents life and the sustenance of life. The cow is so generous, taking nothing but water, grass and grain. It gives and gives and gives of its milk, as does the liberated soul give of his spiritual knowledge. The cow is so vital to life, the virtual sustainer of life, for many humans. The cow is a symbol of grace and abundance. Veneration of the cow instills in Hindus the virtues of gentleness, receptivity and connectedness with nature."

and

"Hindus do believe in cremation, often followed by scattering of the ashes in the holy river Ganga. "

So...

They would probably take offense in the true motive behind the burning of the cow - which was for entertainment purposes. that being said, they believe in cremation and they view the cow as a sacred animal (as the explaination says, they view all animals as sacred)

So I'm sure they would take offense to it.

"Hindus regard all living- creatures as sacred mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honor her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity. To the Hindu, the cow symbolizes all other creatures. The cow is a symbol of the Earth, the nourisher, the ever-giving, undemanding provider. The cow represents life and the sustenance of life. The cow is so generous, taking nothing but water, grass and grain. It gives and gives and gives of its milk, as does the liberated soul give of his spiritual knowledge. The cow is so vital to life, the virtual sustainer of life, for many humans. The cow is a symbol of grace and abundance. Veneration of the cow instills in Hindus the virtues of gentleness, receptivity and connectedness with nature."

and

"Hindus do believe in cremation, often followed by scattering of the ashes in the holy river Ganga. "

So...

They would probably take offense in the true motive behind the burning of the cow - which was for entertainment purposes. that being said, they believe in cremation and they view the cow as a sacred animal (as the explaination says, they view all animals as sacred)

So I'm sure they would take offense to it.

you can't please everyone all the time... some think it's funny and others don't....

i think we're beating this dead burned cow to death

I've had more time to come to this site recently, but my free time for ES is coming to an end for awhile, so I'll make one final clarification. I have no issue with his burning the animal because it needed to be disposed. My objection was the huge grin while holding a gasoline container over the animal. As others have said, that speaks to the disposal being of entertainment value and that's problematic for me.

ETA: If you check out Cooley's blog today, you'll see that it actually was a horse, not a cow. I don't know if that changes anyone's attitude toward it. It doesn't affect my views.

ETA: If you check out Cooley's blog today, you'll see that it actually was a horse, not a cow. I don't know if that changes anyone's attitude toward it. It doesn't affect my views.
Doesn't change my mind either.

And to think of all that glue that will never be made because he blew it up instead of sending it to Elmers...tsk tsk.

get over it. It was a dead animal.

Stop whining.

It was not your cow, it was not your land, it has nothing to do with anyone other than the cooley family.

Should he decide to post a video of it, more power to him.

+1

Per his blog it was a Horse not a cow and it was dead for awhile(year), so he had a few choices. He chose to burn it. He said he wont publish the video so End of story.

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/06/horse-burning.html

Good move on his part. Even though it was dead, I still don't think he would have anything to gain by putting it online. Some people would've loved it and thought it was funny and other would've found something to complain about.

Dude, what the hell is wrong with Chris Cooley.

He bought property in Wyoming? He must hate money.

why is that? ever heard of jackson hole, wy? not exactly cheap.... LOTS of rich and famous people own property out there.... though i'm not sure of the exact location of cooley's property.

why is that? ever heard of jackson hole, wy? not exactly cheap.... LOTS of rich and famous people own property out there.... though i'm not sure of the exact location of cooley's property.

I've never been there, but I've heard that most of Wyoming is less inviting than the moon.

Chris Cooley could post a poll in his blog about whether or not he should wake up tomorrow, and a thread would be made here discussing the ramifications of such an act, and whether or not he would offend the sleeping...

Archived