Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley cow burning...

MattFancy

I was actually thinking the same thing. I can't wait to bbq this weekend :)

Gonna eat me some dead slightly burnt cow!

Same here. I'm having some dead, slightly burnt cow with some unidentifiable dead slightly burnt mystery animal in cylinder shapes on friday, and then some dead pig ribs slow-cooked in sauce all day Saturday. :hungry:

Tweet from Cooley:

"going to blow up a dead cow..adding fireworks 2 the 5 gallons of gasoline that will be poured on the cow"

I hope they are careful!

Thats the picture of it from the blog. It looks like a bomb went off.

photo-2.jpg

Since you asked, I am sickened by this and have lost a lot of respect for Cooley. This seems extremely disrespectful to a deceased being. The man needs to get some respect for other life forms. If he had planned on eating it, that's one thing. However, to burn it just to see what would happen? That's really disrespectful.

Since you asked, I am sickened by this and have lost a lot of respect for Cooley. This seems extremely disrespectful to a deceased being. The man needs to get some respect for other life forms. If he had planned on eating it, that's one thing. However, to burn it just to see what would happen? That's really disrespectful.
Thus the reason why cows enjoy godhood in while poor starving Indians die in New Delhi streets.

IT'S A DEAD COW.

It's not even dead by his own hands. Why aren't you out at McDonalds telling people how you have no respect for them. Nah - it's easier to claim you are better person then everyone else on an internet message board. Excuse me while I go and eat twice as many dead animals so I can make up for your missing out.

Thus the reason why cows enjoy godhood in while poor starving Indians die in New Delhi streets.

IT'S A DEAD COW.

It's not even dead by his own hands. Why aren't you out at McDonalds telling people how you have no respect for them. Nah - it's easier to claim you are better person then everyone else on an internet message board. Excuse me while I go and eat twice as many dead animals so I can make up for your missing out.

Where did I claim that I was superior to anyone? I said that I found it disrespectful to videotape burning an animal just to see what happens.

Also, you've obviously never read any of my other posts on this subject. I've said before that I view it as everyone's decision whether or not to eat animals. I choose not to do so, but I respect that others could reach a different conclusion -- just like I expect others to respect my decision.

Re Cooley, I see the need to dispose of the animal, but standing over the cow with some gasoline and a huge grin doesn't strike me as respectful.

Where did I claim that I was superior to anyone? I said that I found it disrespectful to videotape burning an animal just to see what happens.

Also, you've obviously never read any of my other posts on this subject. I've said before that I view it as everyone's decision whether or not to eat animals. I choose not to do so, but I respect that others could reach a different conclusion -- just like I expect others to respect my decision.

Losing respect for a dead cow? Again...it's a dead cow. We aren't going to give it last rites. We aren't going to give it a funeral. We aren't going to bury it and give it a tombstone. What kind of respect do you think a dead cow needs or deserves?

Frankly the only complaint you could make is that blowing up the cow is depriving some vultures, crows, and maggots of some food.

Losing respect for a dead cow? Again...it's a dead cow. We aren't going to give it last rites. We aren't going to give it a funeral. We aren't going to bury it and give it a tombstone. What kind of respect do you think a dead cow needs or deserves?

Frankly the only complaint you could make is that blowing up the cow is depriving some vultures, crows, and maggots of some food.

That's a philosophical question. What respect does a body deserve once the person or nonhuman animal has died? Do you have pets? Would you be OK with someone's deceased dog or cat having someone stand over it, with a huge grin and about to pour gasoline on it to burn it? I think most people would want more respect for a beloved pet's remains. I don't distinguish between that and a cow.

Why do you have a problem w/ this? We have different views, c'est la vie. The OP asked for people's opinions, so I gave mine.

I couldn't care less, but I'm just worried about the backlash this would get towards my boy cooley in terms of being a professional, we all know he is a professional, but I would hate trying to explain that to someone and all they can see is this current experiment.

That's a philosophical question. What respect does a body deserve once the person or nonhuman animal has died? Do you have pets? Would you be OK with someone's deceased dog or cat having someone stand over it, with a huge grin and about to pour gasoline on it to burn it? I think most people would want more respect for a beloved pet's remains. I don't distinguish between that and a cow.

Why do you have a problem w/ this? We have different views, c'est la vie. The OP asked for people's opinions, so I gave mine.

*Added to vocabulary.*

I'm afraid I have very little respect for the dead bodies of animals In fact, I eat them.

Not trying to be a dick, but seriously...cow does not = pet.

Most of our society views a cow as food but would never dream of eating a dog or cat, so I can understand how a lot of people would agree w/ your statement that cow does not equal a pet. My point was that both a cow and a dog are living creatures, and thus their deceased bodies both deserve respect. I'm NOT saying it's wrong to view a cow functionally and to eat it. However, no body should be desecrated, IMO. I would equate having a big grin while being about to burn the body as desecrating.

Most of our society views a cow as food but would never dream of eating a dog or cat, so I can understand how a lot of people would agree w/ your statement that cow does not equal a pet. My point was that both a cow and a dog are living creatures, and thus their deceased bodies both deserve respect. I'm NOT saying it's wrong to view a cow functionally and to eat it. However, no body should be desecrated, IMO. I would equate having a big grin while being about to burn the body as desecrating.

I'd eat my pet dog. It'd be eaten wayyy after the cow, its much closer to people on my "Would I Eat It" scale, but I'd definitely eat Lucy.

i understand what you're saying and can respect your opinion. as long as you can respect the opinion that burning a dead animal isn't really a big deal.

i wouldn't do what cooley did, but i'm not going to lose respect for him or got angry at him about it - I wouldn't if it was a dog either. Its a dead animal that needed to disposed of one way or the other. If he didn't do it, someone else would, because its cheaper/easier than any other way of disposing of it.

I'm a person that couldn't go hunting - I couldn't shoot a deer, even though I know we'd use it for food. That being said I don't lose respect for hunters or get angry at them when they shoot deer.

I respect your opinion and all but seriously, this is a cow. Cows, Bison, Deer, Chickens, Rabbits, Alligator, Whale, Shark, sometimes squirrel, squid, Elk, Bear, and yes in some Countries CAT is things we all eat. Don't you think killing these things is more crucial then burning an already dead cow?

Archived