Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mac World: Microsoft to sell Windows 7 for $50

heyholetsgogrant

If backing up the OS is the main reason you would want the ultimate edition, why not just get the standard Windows 7 and buy a copy of something like Acronis? You'll need external (or secondary) storage to back up the OS anyway. Acronis would give you a lot more options and can be used for more than just backing up and/or restoring the OS.

Using Windows 7 right now on a 6 year old PC...its ****ing fyling guys and I cannot believe how good it is..I loved XP, never used VISTA and this thing rocks...today my internet connection went down, it fixed it on its own...love it so far, everyone should download the Release Candidate

Here's a link for your friend... :hysterical:

http://www.igearusa.com/?gclid=CIuK2Mb4rZsCFQpgswoddSW-Cg

Dude, I see you just don't get it. No use arguing with you.

I provided your links.

Regardless. I read the iPhone interface. It essentially said this is not an Apple charger. The iPhone will not be charged.

When you are on the road in the south, you can't just pick up an Apple charger. They also don't drop ship to your car. No link needed.

theres really not much changed from vista to 7. the UI is the major change. i think for $50 it becomes a "oh what the hell why not just upgrade its only $50".

I am happy with my Vista Ultimate x64 for now. VMC is off the hook.

Dude, I see you just don't get it. No use arguing with you.

I provided your links.

Regardless. I read the iPhone interface. It essentially said this is not an Apple charger. The iPhone will not be charged.

When you are on the road in the south, you can't just pick up an Apple charger. They also don't drop ship to your car. No link needed.

Oh, I get it. You're so blinded by your hatred for Apple that you have lost all touch with reality.

It doesn't matter what the message says. Apple provides the programing APIs to developers because they want people developing hardware and software for it. There is more great third party hardware including chargers for the iPhone and iPod than any other MP3 player or phone.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/sdk/

iPhone SDK for iPhone OS 3.0

With a rich set of over 1,000 new APIs, the iPhone SDK for iPhone OS 3.0 provides you with an amazing range of technologies to enhance the functionality of your iPhone and iPod touch applications. New APIs also provide support for applications to communicate with hardware accessories attached to iPhone or iPod touch.

Your friend bought junk from a gas station, you blame Apple for their false advertising, and you call me slow?

The idea that Apple prevents third party developers from making battery chargers or other accessories is simply moronic. It flies in the face of reality. It's a fantasy that only you and other irrational Apple haters would believe.

And heres a suggestion, the next time you are in the south, you can pick up an iphone charger from Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, Walmart, Wallgreens.... :hysterical:

Linux is great... but the reality of the situation is that it's impractical for most people due to a lack of hardware and software support.

I hear the "lack of hardware support" line all the time, but I've never had that issue. If anything, I've found getting hardware to work in Linux is much easier because it comes preloaded with the drivers. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and didn't have to search for a single hardware driver. I installed WinXP on my laptop and I had to scowl the net in search of support, including some completely illogical schemes in order to get some stuff to work. Funny story: The power went out so we were without power. To entertain myself and my brother, I booted up my laptop to play some NHL 94 on my SNES emulator. I booted into windows and plugged in my logitech controller, to which I had previously installed the drives, and my brother's wired Microsoft XBox 360 controller. Well surprise, surprise, windows didn't recognize the 360 controller and there were no drivers available. I rebooted into Ubuntu where it worked with the Microsoft product out of the box better than Windows did.

I'll concede software support can be a ***** at times, though. Screw Adobe and their ****ty Flash.

edit: My first misplaced post! Finally I can be a part of the screwed up forum fun!

While I"m using the RC1, I would never buy a home edition for any price. Hope they put the same price tag (never happen) on the professional version. I'd pay 150 for that, and feel like I got a steal. From what I've played with, 7 is leaps and bounds above any os they've ever produced. Almost as fast as most Linux builds not starting with a color.

EDIT: My post didn't quite convey what I'm thinking accurately. I meant it is as fast as any linux os that starts with a color, but still not as fast as the stripped versions without the nonsense.

Oh, I get it. You're so blinded by your hatred for Apple that you have lost all touch with reality.

It doesn't matter what the message says. Apple provides the programing APIs to developers because they want people developing hardware and software for it. There is more great third party hardware including chargers for the iPhone and iPod than any other MP3 player or phone.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/sdk/

Your friend bought junk from a gas station, you blame Apple for their false advertising, and you call me slow?

The idea that Apple prevents third party developers from making battery chargers or other accessories is simply moronic. It flies in the face of reality. It's a fantasy that only you and other irrational Apple haters would believe.

And heres a suggestion, the next time you are in the south, you can pick up an iphone charger from Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, Walmart, Wallgreens.... :hysterical:

In your world their are useless comments.

In my world there is reality. I saw what I saw. We weren't on a shopping trip, we were on a golf trip. Who knew that we were such idiots to buy a phone charger clearly identified as an iPhone charger. Boy am I stupid. You think we were going to go buy yet another charger? No my boy had to suck it up with his dead iphone.

In my world there is reality. I saw what I saw. We weren't on a shopping trip, we were on a golf trip. Who knew that we were such idiots to buy a phone charger clearly identified as an iPhone charger. Boy am I stupid. You think we were going to go buy yet another charger? No my boy had to suck it up with his dead iphone.

Let me simplify this since you seem to have trouble with the concept...

If someone lies to you and claims to be a Microsoft certified tech, charges you, and fails to fix your computer, is it Microsoft's fault?

In short - While buying some POS from a gas station in the hope of a quick fix isn't stupid. Blaming Apple for the "quick fix's" false advertising is.

The rational reaction should be to return the charger on the spot and get your money back. Consider it a lesson learned about buying tech from a gas station, and remember to bring your own charger next time. And if you still need a backup, get online and chose from the dozens of available third party chargers that do work.

But what do I know... I must be slow. :hysterical:

Did he have a 3G iPhone and buy the old iPhone charger. And yes they are both 30 pin but I believe there is a voltage difference. I have seen people make that mistake before.

FYI I am using a nice 9 dollar car charger on my iPhone right now ... works fine.

What's the RC?

Is the home version good enough?

Release Candidate. Sort of like a near-final beta version of the OS.

I'd ALWAYS recommend getting the Professional (or better) version of Windows. However, if all you use your computer for is surfing the net, reading e-mail, and using MS Office then it really doesn't matter.

Release Candidate. Sort of like a near-final beta version of the OS.

I'd ALWAYS recommend getting the Professional (or better) version of Windows. However, if all you use your computer for is surfing the net, reading e-mail, and using MS Office then it really doesn't matter.

Internet, office, email, games (Prototype's my most recent one).

How do y'all get the RC so soon?

Eh, I'll wait then. If I only use my PC for email, web, and games, is it worth an extra $50 for the Professional?

I don't know. I just pre-odered the Professional verision. I had XP Pro and it was great. No problems at all. Then I got Vista Home Premium, and its been ok, not as good as XP Pro. The thing that got me to go with 7 Pro was that it can help back up files and such which is always a good thing. But I would just take a look and compare the two and see which one you think is better.

While I"m using the RC1, I would never buy a home edition for any price. Hope they put the same price tag (never happen) on the professional version. I'd pay 150 for that, and feel like I got a steal. From what I've played with, 7 is leaps and bounds above any os they've ever produced. Almost as fast as most Linux builds not starting with a color.

EDIT: My post didn't quite convey what I'm thinking accurately. I meant it is as fast as any linux os that starts with a color, but still not as fast as the stripped versions without the nonsense.

What makes the Professional/ultimate edition better ?

-Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Archived