Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

So basically saying you think he's in discussion for the top 6 or so rather than top 12?

As I said before Romo sits to pee is the second highest rated passer of all time, and was top 4 fastest to throw 100 TDs as well as one of the winningest ever over the first 50 games of their career. He garners a lot of hate but he really is very very good.

When a player garners a lot of hate it is usually the highest form of praise. No reason to hate a player if they haven't torn your heart out or shown occasional glimpses of excellence.

Most of the fans on here are decent and know a good quarterback when they see one. That is why they hate Romo sits to pee to begin with.

TR1 is just a Redskins fan having fun pushing buttons. In the end he knows football. Let him have his fun.

Kapolani: Crap.

:laugh:

Trying man.

Thanky. :)

Consider my words withdrawn.

Posters do best to avoid any flaming on "personal life outside of ES posting content"--comments like "your wife is probably a fugly *****" :silly:.

You done went and made me feel like a hard-ass.

But in just about an hour, a group of challenged and awesome kiddies (where I'll be working today) will restore my belief in my warm-n-fuzzy side. :)

When a player garners a lot of hate it is usually the highest form of praise. No reason to hate a player if they haven't torn your heart out or shown occasional glimpses of excellence.

In Romo sits to pee case, that's not it, though. It's seeing the Hype Machine turned on immediately and having the "Savior/Next Tom Brady" label shoved down our throats after his first 6 stinkin' games...it's seeing analysts who were so eager to have another Cowboys "star" QB to prop up that they overlooked many of Romo sits to pee's, ah, "questionable" qualities...it's being force-fed how the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders now year after year because of Romo sits to pee even though he hadn't proven himself yet (imagine if we had the same amount of hype shoved down our throats about the Bears and Jay Cutler during last offseason)...

I love how Cowboys fans conveniently overlook those very real reasons why so many here loved to point out Romo sits to pee's flaws and instead chalk it up to us being "afraid" of Romo sits to pee or because we secretly wished he was or QB and are upset or something. The sports media and NFL love to market their product, and QBs are probably the most marketable product they have...so we often get the never-ending sales pitch tossed at us everytime we turn into NFL Network or Sportscenter. It gets tiring and you can't be surprised when we smile and cheer whenever their product-of-the-moment fails on them lol...

Not to mention we ARE Redskins fans...we love to cheer the blue-collar, lunch pail, overlooked type of player, the "Over The Hill Gang" types and the "not worthy of being in the HOF" Hogs and the Doug Williams-type players who go from being tossed aside by the league and receiving watermelons from angry fans after games to putting on an incredible show of QB accuracy on the way to winning the Skins a Super Bowl...these players rarely get glamorized or hyped, and what little hype they do get is given to them only after achieving something truly worth hyping. So we will easily get irritated by players that the NFL, media, and especially rival fans all think we should be bowing down to before they've accomplished anything worth recognizing.

Since I'm secure about my manhood unlike some other(s) and would like to stick to the thread topic. All bias aside, Romo sits to pee is playing great, not good, great.

His mistakes have nearly been eliminated, he's making all of the throws, he's making plays when protection breaks down, he's making smart decisions and he commands the offense.

He's one of the hottest QB's at the right time of the year, the playoffs. I only wish we had a QB that plays the way he is now.

The fact that our 'skins aren't and haven't been good for years has taken away the luster of the rivalry for me and if the Pukes win? I won't lose any sleep over it. Until we get back to winning ways, there is no rivalry, IMO.

Since I'm secure about my manhood unlike some other(s) and would like to stick to the thread topic. All bias aside, Romo sits to pee is playing great, not good, great.

His mistakes have nearly been eliminated, he's making all of the throws, he's making plays when protection breaks down, he's making smart decisions and he commands the offense.

He's one of the hottest QB's at the right time of the year, the playoffs. I only wish we had a QB that plays the way he is now.

The fact that our 'skins aren't and haven't been good for years has taken away the luster of the rivalry for me and if the Pukes win? I won't lose any sleep over it. Until we get back to winning ways, there is no rivalry, IMO.

A man of truth for better or worse.

we love to cheer the blue-collar, lunch pail, overlooked type of player, the "Over The Hill Gang" types and the "not worthy of being in the HOF" Hogs and the Doug Williams-type players who go from being tossed aside by the league and receiving watermelons from angry fans after games to putting on an incredible show of QB accuracy on the way to winning the Skins a Super Bowl...these players rarely get glamorized or hyped, and what little hype they do get is given to them only after achieving something truly worth hyping. So we will easily get irritated by players that the NFL, media, and especially rival fans all think we should be bowing down to before they've accomplished anything worth recognizing.

You mean kinda like the UDFA types Romo sits to pee and Austin?

Those types?

Who said anything about bowing down? I don't ever recall asking that. In fact I don't ever recall asking anything of that nature.

But, it's not hard to acknowledge that the kid went from a nobody to a top 5 QB.

Curious if you know how many times Brees has been to the playoffs.

Furthermore, I'm curious if you are aware of his record in the playoffs.

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about Brees. It's been argued 'regular season doesn't mean squat.'

If you're worth is determined by post season success - why is Brees such an elite QB?

Double standard maybe?

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about Brees. It's been argued 'regular season doesn't mean squat.'

If you're worth is determined by post season success - why is Brees such an elite QB?

Double standard maybe?

No doubt about it. He'll be a loser again whether it's this weekend or next. He just doesn't have that something to him. He's a system guy who puts up numbers, but there's just something about him that doesn't scream winner.

Good QB, but overrated.

I feel the same way....

Romo sits to pee has clearly gotten over whatever was holding him back from winning big games and anything we say now about him sounds like sour grapes.

Man it's gonna hurt to say this but the Goober QB is very good...

I almost had to catch myself from laughing when he mocked Hoculi :(:mad::(

It's kinda funny how you say you're going to stick to the thread topic, then start in on how bad the Skins have been lol...the Skins, their record, how good they have been or the rivalry are not what this thread was about. It was about ranking Romo sits to pee at the beginning of the season. He's definitely improved from earlier on...and to be honest, even some Dallas fans were saying maybe tr1 was right in this thread earlier in the season when Romo sits to pee was thowing 1 TD in 3 games and the Cowboys were looking ordinary.

I just find it weird for anyone to fault tr1's assessment at the time he made it simply because Romo sits to pee found a way to stop the annual slide and get his **** together. I mean, great for him, but it doesn't negate anything that was said 4 months ago.

I feel the same way....

Romo sits to pee has clearly gotten over whatever was holding him back from winning big games and anything we say now about him sounds like sour grapes.

The emergence of the running game. I love how hard MB runs and works. But, he doesn't have that explosive ability like F Jones has. Soften them up with the run and play action off of that.

More importantly, I feel, is the fact that Jason Garrett has finally figured out what works and what personnel works.

I almost had to catch myself from laughing when he mocked Hoculi :(:mad::(

I honestly don't think he was mocking him. I think he was just having fun. People forget that this is a game.

No doubt about it. He'll be a loser again whether it's this weekend or next. He just doesn't have that something to him. He's a system guy who puts up numbers, but there's just something about him that doesn't scream winner.

Good QB, but overrated.

You're the only person that stepped up to the plate to answer that question.

Because when you think about it if you agree with the point that I was trying to make this whole thread reeks of sour grapes.

300 DL Men :hysterical:

Michael Adams | #27 | DB

Height: 5-8 Weight: 181

my mistake I thought it was Dockett

still the point remains valid, so laugh all you like

the funny part is the fact a poke fan actually wants to compare the situations as being the same :rotflmao:

I love how Cowboys fans conveniently overlook those very real reasons why so many here loved to point out Romo sits to pee's flaws and instead chalk it up to us being "afraid" of Romo sits to pee or because we secretly wished he was or QB and are upset or something.

Poke Fan Mantra

evil-monkeys.jpg

You mean kinda like the UDFA types Romo sits to pee and Austin?

Those types?

If Romo sits to pee received little hype BECAUSE he was a UDFA, then you'd have a point.

Who said anything about bowing down? I don't ever recall asking that. In fact I don't ever recall asking anything of that nature.

Who said Kapolani represents all Cowboys fans? And while most people would recognize that I was using exaggeration to illustrate the point I wanted to make, I think it's hard to ignore how much hype was being thrown around about Romo sits to pee early on (up until this year, in fact).

But, it's not hard to acknowledge that the kid went from a nobody to a top 5 QB.

He went from a nobody to a quality starter...then from a quality starter to a questionable starter (PLEASE tell me that Cowboys fans never doubted him...please. I wanna go over to Cowoyszone and quote numerous posts from Dallas fans that would prove you wrong)...then from questionable starter to top 5 QB (for 4 games at least lol). And even then it's questionable. Manning, Brees, Favre and Rivers are all better than Romo sits to pee imo...and I'd still take Brady over him. Warner and McNabb (when healthy) are just as good as Romo sits to pee...

Tom Brady went from being a nobody to worthy of tons of hype and praise...not Romo sits to pee.

Double standard maybe?

Did Brees make it to the NFC Championship game? Remind me.

Has Romo sits to pee made it to the NFC Championship game? Remind me.

That might answer the question for you.

It's kinda funny how you say you're going to stick to the thread topic, then start in on how bad the Skins have been lol...the Skins, their record, how good they have been or the rivalry are not what this thread was about. It was about ranking Romo sits to pee at the beginning of the season. He's definitely improved from earlier on...and to be honest, even some Dallas fans were saying maybe tr1 was right in this thread earlier in the season when Romo sits to pee was thowing 1 TD in 3 games and the Cowboys were looking ordinary.

I just find it weird for anyone to fault tr1's assessment at the time he made it simply because Romo sits to pee found a way to stop the annual slide and get his **** together. I mean, great for him, but it doesn't negate anything that was said 4 months ago.

To each his own I guess. I did address the thread topic only to add my own little note about how disappointed I am that I don't feel the "rivalry" anymore. Sorry you can't handle that notion.

You keep bringing up four months ago. What does that have to do with today? He's in the playoffs and 22 other QB's are sitting at home.

I understand that we are supposed to hate Romo sits to pee because he is a Puke, but I'm putting that hate aside and discussing what he is doing right now and right now he is playing as good as any QB in the playoffs.

BTW. I like making people laugh. Glad I could make you LOL.:D

If Romo sits to pee received little hype BECAUSE he was a UDFA, then you'd have a point.

lolwat?

Your post was stating how skin's fans love blue collar hard worker types. Types that were cast aside etc etc.

I don't know how much harder you can work going from a practice squad nobody to a top 5 QB.

Who said Kapolani represents all Cowboys fans? And while most people would recognize that I was using exaggeration to illustrate the point I wanted to make, I think it's hard to ignore how much hype was being thrown around about Romo sits to pee early on (up until this year, in fact).

Well, when you state: 'Cowboys fans' you are pretty much lumping us all together.

A more correct term would be some Cowboy fans.

(PLEASE tell me that Cowboys fans never doubted him...please. I wanna go over to Cowoyszone and quote numerous posts from Dallas fans that would prove you wrong)

Gotcha now CZ represents all Cowboy fans.

See how circular your argument is?

...then from questionable starter to top 5 QB (for 4 games at least lol). And even then it's questionable. Manning, Brees, Favre and Rivers are all better than Romo sits to pee imo...

Wouldn't mind if you take a stab at why Brees is better.

Is it his playoff record? LOL.

Romo sits to pee is playing as well as any of them right now. Isn't now, this year, that counts?

and I'd still take Brady over him. Warner and McNabb (when healthy) are just as good as Romo sits to pee...

Can't argue with that. Although I wouldn't take McNabb (hasn't won crap). Nor, would I take Warner (getting old).

Tom Brady went from being a nobody to worthy of tons of hype and praise...not Romo sits to pee.

Was Brady drafted? Did Brady come from a big program?

Romo sits to pee literally came from NO WHERE. And has put up better numbers his first 4 years than many, many other QB's. But, numbers don't matter, right?

(BREES)

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Palmer

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Eli

10. Warner

11. Rodgers

12. Campbell

If Flacco had another year under his belt, he'd be in the list.

As much as I don't like Romo sits to pee, neither Jason, Cutler, or Eli should be on your list and Palmer & Romo sits to pee are a wash.

As another poster said though, you have to be specific about what criteria we're using to compare.

But I think most Skins fans would much rather have Romo sits to pee (put aside his being a Cowturd and focus on his ability) than JC at this point. Anyone who feels otherwise is an idiot.

Manning, Brees, Favre and Rivers are all better than Romo sits to pee imo...and I'd still take Brady over him. Warner and McNabb (when healthy) are just as good as Romo sits to pee...

I agree with everybody on your list with the exception of McNabb. I honestly think that he's on his last legs, and his accuracy problems seem even more pronounced...

Did Brees make it to the NFC Championship game? Remind me.

Has Romo sits to pee made it to the NFC Championship game? Remind me.

That might answer the question for you.

Though he completed 27 of 49 passes for 354 yards against the Chicago Bears, and two touchdowns, Brees committed three costly turnovers. He was penalized for an intentional grounding in the endzone, resulting in a safety. The Saints lost 39-14.

Where he choked. So what you're saying is he's better at choking in the big game than Romo sits to pee?

Archived