Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

No, it means, and if you've been a Giants fan long enough, that their defense is the heart and soul of that team. Thats why Tom Coughlin is the HC, thats why the Giants dont go thru head Coaches willy nilly. You have to be a defense guy to run that team, because that organization has always been about defense.

At the end of the year, win or lose, the defense is talked about. The defense is always ranked high and the defense always has more stars about it.

This is the first time the Giants went after a young qb that they wanted to be that so called franchise qb. For the most part the Giants always used retreads or got a solid qb, but never that franchise qb that is the face of their team.

It has always been about the defense, and that defense can win games for that team, thats why im not saying just because Eli is hurt the Giants are easy pickins, people that dont understand football will say that.

The Giants are fierce on defense and their defense can easily turn an opposing offense into jelly.

So yes, sometimes despite Eli, the team can win, but the heart and soul of that franchise has always been the defense and any true Giant fan will tell you that.

I don't even know where to begin with this post, stupid would be too kind a word to describe your logic. Do you even research any of the absurd claims you make, or do you just rely on the usual method of pulling them straight out of your ***?

You have to be a "defense guy" to be head coach of the Giants, huh. Which is why Tom Coughlin is coach, is that right?

Too bad Coughlin's coaching roots trace back firmly to the offensive side of the ball for nearly four decades. And have you watched the Giants since the Fassel years? Do you know or appreciate names like Tim Lewis, and Johnnie Lynn?

I'm going to assume for your sake that you rarely if ever watch the Giants play, and instead can only reference to the Giants pre-Coughlin. Otherwise you are confirming the fact that you simply can't interpret the things you see on TV.

After that interception that Eli got all pouty over, he threw for over 200 yards and 3 TD's. Maybe you just don't understand what you're seeing when you watch the games.

Ah, I see. I'm not a big fan of dime store psychology, but how would you describe this?

4bqt82c.jpg

apjp1h.gif

I would describe those two clips of a QB with a lot of emotion and heart.

How many times have we seen players screw up and just don't care ?

Are you telling me Romo sits to pee has a "give up" personality ? Really ? Because the two clips aren't proving your point at all.

First clip was him fumbling the ball then having the smarts and desire to try to run for the first down, only to get caught from behind. How the hell is that giving up ?

I don't even know where to begin with this post, stupid would be too kind a word to describe your logic. Do you even research any of the absurd claims you make, or do you just rely on the usual method of pulling them straight out of your ***?

You have to be a "defense guy" to be head coach of the Giants, huh. Which is why Tom Coughlin is coach, is that right?

Too bad Coughlin's coaching roots trace back firmly to the offensive side of the ball for nearly four decades. And have you watched the Giants since the Fassel years? Do you know or appreciate names like Tim Lewis, and Johnnie Lynn?

I'm going to assume for your sake that you rarely if ever watch the Giants play, and instead can only reference to the Giants pre-Coughlin. Otherwise you are confirming the fact that you simply can't interpret the things you see on TV.

and even tho he was a WR coach and an offensive coordinator, which side of the ball do they take care of, the defense, so is anything wrong with what i said?

• 1 month later...
This thread seems even more foolish now than ever before. Romo sits to pee belongs in the top 10 by anyone with a brain. Possibly top 5 almost certainly top 8.
I'm not following you. You just implied that Romo sits to pee improved significantly this year, and you now describe him as a top 8 QB. So wouldn't it have been pretty accurate to say there were at least 12 QB's better than Romo sits to pee before his improvement?

I'm not following you. You just implied that Romo sits to pee improved significantly this year, and you now describe him as a top 8 QB. So wouldn't it have been pretty accurate to say there were at least 12 QB's better than Romo sits to pee before his improvement?

No, and certainly not the list given. Cutler, Eli, Cambell, McNabb and Palmer are all not as good currently. Brees, Peyton, Rivers, Rodgers and maybe Shaub are the only ones clearly playing better. Though Rodgers has a tendancy to hold onto the ball too long and get sacked.

No, and certainly not the list given. Cutler, Eli, Cambell, McNabb and Palmer are all not as good currently. Brees, Peyton, Rivers, Rodgers and maybe Shaub are the only ones clearly playing better. Though Rodgers has a tendancy to hold onto the ball too long and get sacked.
Wow. And I thought I was a homer.

The idea that Palmer, McNabb, and Eli are lesser QB's than Tony Romo sits to pee.

I won't argue that with you as I think that they are all about the same (with different positives and negatives). I was just curious.

Sadly, I find it funny that you have time to post about this while your team is playing. I was hoping that the Skins would put up a fight. yet, while I post this, your team just scored again (23-0 + extra point coming up).

Come on, Skins. Mount a comeback.

I won't argue that with you as I think that they are all about the same (with different positives and negatives). I was just curious.
He also left off Brady, Big Ben, Favre and Warner. I don't know why I responded to his post at all. That list is simply too ridiculous to take seriously.
Sadly, I find it funny that you have time to post about this while your team is playing. I was hoping that the Skins would put up a fight. yet, while I post this, they just scored again (23-0 + extra point coming up).

Come on, Skins. Mount a comeback.

I always post while the Giants are playing. There are a ton of stoppages in a football game.

He also left off Brady, Big Ben, Favre and Warner. I don't know why I responded to his post at all. That list is simply too ridiculous to take seriously.

I always post while the Giants are playing. There are a ton of stoppages in a football game.

I forgot Farve, meant to have him on it. As for Brady, Warner and Big Ben, Romo sits to pee is having a better season than all three.

Romo sits to pee is also about to be the first player in history to post 4 seasons of 90+ rating to start a career and I believe only the 3rd to ever post 4 consecutive seasons of a 90+ rating.

He's also among the winningest QBs ever and top 5 in fastest to throw 100 TDs.

Romo sits to pee brings out a lot of ill will from people, but he's played great football so far in his career. Especially this December though the W-L don't reflect it well.

Let's just close the thread here. There's no point in discussing exactly where Romo sits to pee falls. The fact is, he CLEARLY is in the top dozen QBs in the league.

That's what the thread was about so let's leave it at that and move on.

Sorry will never happen, this thread will be bumped to the top for months and months to come.....

Let's just close the thread here. There's no point in discussing exactly where Romo sits to pee falls. The fact is, he CLEARLY is in the top dozen QBs in the league.

That's what the thread was about so let's leave it at that and move on.

There's still room for argument:

Brady

Big Ben

Peyton

Warner

Favre

McNabb

Palmer

Rivers

Rodgers

Brees

Eli

Schaub

Flacco

What (THIS YEAR) has Ben, Eli, Warner and Flacco done better then Romo sits to pee......Remember hos we are talking about this year....not the past or even last year.......
I'm pretty sure we're talking about current best QB's in the league. Also I'll assume you were joking about Eli since this year he swept Romo sits to pee despite having less experienced receivers and a worse running game, defense.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about current best QB's in the league. Also I'll assume you were joking about Eli since this year he swept Romo sits to pee despite having less experienced receivers and a worse running game, defense.

eli didn't sweep the cowboys. the giants swept the cowboys.

they won the first game after Romo sits to pee had one of the worst performances of his career where he threw almost half of his total int's for the year. the second game was a close one that the giants absolutely needed. the cowboys beat the saints because they absolutely needed it. Romo sits to pee even emasculated brees infront of the world. is Romo sits to pee all the sudden better than brees? are the cowboys better than the saints? nope. the giants and the cowboys got lucky.

My list of better QB's than Romo sits to pee:

Brady

Brees

Collins

Delhomme

Hasselbeck

P. Manning

McNabb

Palmer

Roethlisberger

Warner

I think he's on the same tier as guys like Cutler/Rodgers/Rivers. Young guys who have done good things in the league' date=' but are waiting to take the next step.[/quote']I forgot about this thread. Fun to revisit. Collins and Delhomme? That was dumb of me. I think Hasselbeck's back problems may have rendered him useless. I would take those three off my list and add Rodgers, Rivers, Schaub and Favre. I think Eli Manning is right there two.

Woah, woah, woah. HE swept Romo sits to pee, or the Giants swept the Cowboys?

That's pretty naive to say it's a one on one game. Wow.

How often was Romo sits to pee on the field with Eli?

What (THIS YEAR) has Ben, Eli, Warner and Flacco done better then Romo sits to pee......Remember hos we are talking about this year....not the past or even last year.......

Well Warner has helped the Cardinals reach the playoffs back-to-back for just the third time in their 90 year history. Ben passed the length of 5 football fields on Sunday and has a higher ypa. Flacco has completed a higher percentage of his passes. Eli has more touchdowns...

Basically the answer is "not much."

Archived