Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

Am I the only one that doesn't think Romo sits to pee sucks? He sees the field better than a lot of other QBs.

He's an average NFL qb...his problem is he folds when he's in a big game or plays a good defense.

Stay tuned.

yes he has his struggles and is 0-2 in the playoffs, but he is not average..............Thats just not fair considering the entire picture of his very young career with just 46 games!!

He's inconsistent. I never said he was 'bad'. Just average. And way, way over-hyped.

He could have six turnovers next weekend...and YOU know it...:rotflmao:

BTW, in close games, those penalties are going to kill you. Look to lose a game or two because of those.

I still haven't seen the game, and may not get a chance this week.

Many in the media aren't convinced you guys are good yet.

He's inconsistent. I never said he was 'bad'. Just average. And way, way over-hyped.

BTW, in close games, those penalties are going to kill you. Look to lose a game or two because of those.

im not convinced either.....

The penalties are going to cause me some serious pain....

Im doing something this Sunday i almost never do. Imma skip the game out right. I have a full day with famy and a dinner planned as well as a Birthday celebration for the wife, and you know what.....i can absolutely see a big Turnover game and a home loss to Seattle, Im not even gonna fake like i dont see it!

However TR1, Average? Take the "average of each season he has played in and he is better (number wise)....He has his moments (bad ones) but all in all...with everything considered, he is not average, and as Aikman said, he and The Cowboys are paying the price for the media hype.......

I'm not convinced Dallas is anything yet - good or bad. Up to this point they've been schizophrenic. The game this weekend and then in Philly will be interesting. As far as JC being better than Romo sits to pee, which was your initial assertion in this thread, I'm still waiting for you to admit that you were wrong.

yes he has his struggles and is 0-2 in the playoffs, but he is not average..............Thats just not fair considering the entire picture of his very young career with just 46 games!!

The problem is that he is below average when you need him the most. He lights up average or below teams but stinks against good teams or when big things are on the line. Physically he is a very good QB but he gets tight as a drum when anything is on the line. IMO he's got until midway through December 2010 to show that he isn't a perpetual choker. If he struggles this December I think he'll get a very tight leash next year. Two bad late season games in a row and I think he'll find the pine.

The problem is that he is below average when you need him the most. He lights up average or below teams but stinks against good teams or when big things are on the line. Physically he is a very good QB but he gets tight as a drum when anything is on the line. IMO he's got until midway through December 2010 to show that he isn't a perpetual choker. If he struggles this December I think he'll get a very tight leash next year. Two bad late season games in a row and I think he'll find the pine.

fair enough Ovan....I too will be ready for a change if its still the same ole same ole in Dec 2010.

He is by far the best this team has had in over 10 years and gives them a really good chance to succeed.....

Other greats have had the same late season/playoff issues...this early in their careers, so anything can happen. One good playoff performance or convincing December win vs a good opponent and it can all change. For me, its just wait n see.....and if it happens again, then again next season, well then I promise you i will be here to admitt it and move on....

tr1, this is a game you should not watch then!

Romo sits to pee played the best game of his career to this point.

I've never seen him as accurate. He ran well, he evaded the rush very well on numerous occasions. He spread the ball around really well.

So if you don't want to lose your lunch, pass on this game.

tr1, this is a game you should not watch then!

Romo sits to pee played the best game of his career to this point.

I've never seen him as accurate. He ran well, he evaded the rush very well on numerous occasions. He spread the ball around really well.

So if you don't want to lose your lunch, pass on this game.

Here is the problem with Romo sits to pee though. He will give you games like the Atlanta game. He will tantalize you with that...

But come 23:59.59 CST, Nov. 30....

Here is the problem with Romo sits to pee though. He will give you games like the Atlanta game. He will tantalize you with that...

look at drew brees' games throughout his career. he has more stinkers than Romo sits to pee, yet he never gets called for it. tom brady has a lot of clunkers too. even peyton manning. every single qb has bad/terrible games a few times a season.

i bet if Romo sits to pee never played as well as he does when he is playing well, it wouldn't even be an issue. people expect it from him. high expectations is all.

look at drew brees' games throughout his career. he has more stinkers than Romo sits to pee, yet he never gets called for it. tom brady has a lot of clunkers too. even peyton manning. every single qb has bad/terrible games a few times a season.

i bet if Romo sits to pee never played as well as he does when he is playing well, it wouldn't even be an issue. people expect it from him. high expectations is all.

You're never going to get anyone from this board to say Romo sits to pee is any good.

Manning took, what? Six years to win a playoff game? Something like that. Yet no one ever brings up that fact except me.

You can only go by the facts. The facts are he won more games than he lost.

He still has time.

He's light years, light years ahead of where Campbell ever was, or ever will be.

Manning took, what? Six years to win a playoff game? Something like that. Yet no one ever brings up that fact except me.
Peyton is STILL a choker. Even in his Superbowl season he threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's in the playoffs.

Oh and btw, you can't call him Manning anymore. Kind of the same way Steve Smith is now Steve Smith from Carolina. I still think that's part of the reason they drafted Dwayne Jarrett instead NYG Steve Smith; because who knows what you could call them then.

Peyton is STILL a choker. Even in his Superbowl season he threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's in the playoffs.

Oh and btw, you can't call him Manning anymore. Kind of the same way Steve Smith is now Steve Smith from Carolina. I still think that's part of the reason they drafted Dwayne Jarrett instead NYG Steve Smith; because who knows what you could call them then.

Peyton>>>>>>>Eli. To argue otherwise is foolish.

But it's a myth that it's all on Romo sits to pee.

The Dallas Cowboys have not had a winning record in December since 1997. Romo sits to pee has only been playing for 3 of those 11 years.

It's an organizational and team problem, not just Romo sits to pee by any means.

Peyton had a 59 QBR in the playoffs through his first 5 years. Eli's playoff rating is a 78.

Romo sits to pee's is a 72. Not all that different than Eli. And, oh yeah, Eli lost his first two as well.

Let's hold judgment on Romo sits to pee at least until he is 0-3. That's when it really is a trend.

Peyton had a 59 QBR in the playoffs through his first 5 years. Eli's playoff rating is a 78.

You actually believe Eli is better than Peyton? :doh:

Eli has a ring thanks in large part to that front 4 and the running game. Yes, he made a great play and was clutch on the final drive. But they don't even get there without that front 4. This is not a newsflash. This is common knowledge.

You actually believe Eli is better than Peyton? :doh:
There's no question that over their first 5 seasons, Eli was the better postseason QB.
Eli has a ring thanks in large part to that front 4 and the running game. Yes, he made a great play and was clutch on the final drive. But they don't even get there without that front 4. This is not a newsflash. This is common knowledge.
Eli threw 6 TD's and 1 INT during that run. He had a 96 QBR going up against 4 of the top 11 defenses in the NFL that year. And yet the team only won those games by 10, 4, 3(overtime), and 3 points. The Giants wouldn't have gotten there without Eli either. Unfortunately, for many this is a newsflash, and it isn't common knowledge.

Archived