Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

Back away from the pills, they're making you hallucinate.

Explain how Palmer or Shaub are better than him?

Is it playoff wins? (both have 0)

Is it #s? (Romo sits to pee has better)

I'll be waiting, this time please think of a wittier response if your going to come in here posting trash.

Have you actually looked at Rivers' record after December 1st, including in the playoffs? Rivers in a mf landslide. his losing yesterday doesn't put him on Romo sits to pee's level, sorry.

Pesky facts keep getting in the way, Califan.

Please, show some mercy.

Have you actually looked at Rivers' record after December 1st, including in the playoffs? Rivers in a mf landslide. his losing yesterday doesn't put him on Romo sits to pee's level, sorry.

Playoff #s:

QB 1: 3-4 58.5% 1820 yds 8 Tds 9 Ints 79.2 QBR

QB 2: 1-3 59.3% 832 yds 4 Tds 2 Ints 80.8 QBR

I think you know whose who. Rivers' playoff #s don't scream at me that hes that much better than anyone when looking at the stats. Yesterday he threw a horrific INT form his own endzone and basically gave the Jets pts and has 9 INTs in 7 playoff games. Sorry just not seeing it

Explain how Palmer or Shaub are better than him?

Is it playoff wins? (both have 0)

Is it #s? (Romo sits to pee has better)

I'll be waiting, this time please think of a wittier response if your going to come in here posting trash.

Schaub's 2009 stats: 4770 yards (led the league & 6th most all-time), 67.9% comp., 29 TD, 15 INT, 298 yds/g, 98.6 rating

Palmer had three straight seasons of 3800+ yards, 26+ TD from 05-07. And he's done so with less talent around him than Romo sits to pee.

Based on Romo sits to pee's numbers I'd say he & Palmer are a wash, but you can make a definite case that Schaub is better.

Playoff #s:

QB 1: 3-4 58.5% 1820 yds 8 Tds 9 Ints 79.2 QBR

QB 2: 1-3 59.3% 832 yds 4 Tds 2 Ints 80.8 QBR

I think you know whose who. Rivers' playoff #s don't scream at me that hes that much better than anyone when looking at the stats. Yesterday he threw a horrific INT form his own endzone and basically gave the Jets pts and has 9 INTs in 7 playoff games. Sorry just not seeing it

Did you think that the playoffs started December 2nd or something? lol...I mentioned Rivers record-quote/unquote--"after December 1st". Since we're talking about how he apparently "chokes" just as bad as Romo sits to pee, I included ALL games where "choking" comes into play, and that includes those regular season games where division titles and playoff births are on the line.

Compare those stats, why don't ya lol ;)...

Schaub's 2009 stats: 4770 yards (led the league & 6th most all-time), 67.9% comp., 29 TD, 15 INT, 298 yds/g, 98.6 rating

Palmer had three straight seasons of 3800+ yards, 26+ TD from 05-07. And he's done so with less talent around him than Romo sits to pee.

Based on Romo sits to pee's numbers I'd say he & Palmer are a wash, but you can make a definite case that Schaub is better.

This is where we walk the thin line lol. You bring up Schaub stats from this year which is fine and dandy and I will concede that he had a monster year and owned the league (along with IMO the best WR in the league.)

But then you bring up Palmer's #s from 3 years ago, obviously he was hurt last year but his #s this year weren't that impressive. He has a top 5 WR in the league and a solid running game and produced slightly above average #s. I'd take Romo sits to pee over him easily, now and going forward.

Did you think that the playoffs started December 2nd or something? lol...I mentioned Rivers record-quote/unquote--"after December 1st". Since we're talking about how he apparently "chokes" just as bad as Romo sits to pee, I included ALL games where "choking" comes into play, and that includes those regular season games where division titles and playoff births are on the line.

Compare those stats, why don't ya lol ;)...

Regular Season:

Rivers December: 18-1 61.1% 4185 yds 33 Tds 11 Ints 98.5 QBR

Rivers January: 2-0 60.9% 132 yds 2 Tds 0 Ints 105.7 QBR

Romo sits to pee December: 9-12 61.3% 4234 yds 21 TDs 20 Ints 80.3 QBR

Romo sits to pee January: 1-1 70.6% 311 yds 2 Tds 1 Int 106.4 QBR

I'm not going to add the playoff # to that b/c thats more math then I care to do on a Holiday. But the point still stands, they both choke. Thats why there is talk that Norv is gonna be out of a job, he, Rivers and the Chargers have killer Decembers but choke in the playoffs consistently. Sort of like Wade, Romo sits to pee and Cowboys.

Rivers probably has more raw talent around him (if the #s are all inclusive, LT was the best RB on the planet for 3-4 yrs) but I can see an argument for Rivers over Romo sits to pee for sure. Its just my opinion that Romo sits to pee is the 9th best in the league.

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

McNabb

Roethlisburger

E. Manning

Warner

Rivers

Delhomme and Hasselbeck when healthy are better.

I've got 8 possibly 10 guys better than him

My post on June 23rd from this thread.

:hysterical: Hasselbeck and Delhomme I must've taken psychedelic mushrooms that day. But i guess I have lost confidence in Rivers after his game yesterday.

But i guess I have lost confidence in Rivers after his game yesterday.

Somehow more than Romo sits to pee? Rivers had a much better game yesterday ('better' not seeming like the right word. 'less bad' seems more appropriate)

Rivers has much better overall numbers and has been better in the playoffs. Don't see what Romo sits to pee has done to even make that a contest between the 2.

Regular Season:

Rivers December: 18-1 61.1% 4185 yds 33 Tds 11 Ints 98.5 QBR

Rivers January: 2-0 60.9% 132 yds 2 Tds 0 Ints 105.7 QBR

Romo sits to pee December: 9-12 61.3% 4234 yds 21 TDs 20 Ints 80.3 QBR

Romo sits to pee January: 1-1 70.6% 311 yds 2 Tds 1 Int 106.4 QBR

I'm not going to add the playoff # to that b/c thats more math then I care to do on a Holiday. But the point still stands, they both choke. Thats why there is talk that Norv is gonna be out of a job, he, Rivers and the Chargers have killer Decembers but choke in the playoffs consistently. Sort of like Wade, Romo sits to pee and Cowboys.

Rivers probably has more raw talent around him (if the #s are all inclusive, LT was the best RB on the planet for 3-4 yrs) but I can see an argument for Rivers over Romo sits to pee for sure. Its just my opinion that Romo sits to pee is the 9th best in the league.

You really shouldn't keep December and January games separate...they should be taken together:

Completion percentage:

Rivers - 61.3%

Romo sits to pee - 61.8%

Yards per attempt:

Rivers - 8.1

Romo sits to pee - 7.1

TDs:

Rivers - 34

Romo sits to pee - 23

INTs:

Rivers - 10

Romo sits to pee - 21

QB rating:

Rivers - 100.6

Romo sits to pee - 81.6

Record:

Rivers 19-0

Romo sits to pee 8-10

Now add on the postseason stats and the fact that Rivers has been to the Conference Championship, and...well, you get the picture lol ;).

snip

Rivers 19-0

Romo sits to pee 8-10

Now add on the postseason stats and the fact that Rivers has been to the Conference Championship, and...well, you get the picture lol ;).

I think you only counted games they started because Rivers took an L to Shanny's Broncos back in 05 and Romo sits to pee should be at 10-13 (according to profootballrefrence).

Yeah the picture is clear. Rivers and Romo sits to pee both excel in the regular season (Romo sits to pee is an October warrior and Rivers in a December) but both choke in the playoffs.

I think you only counted games they started because Rivers took an L to Shanny's Broncos back in 05 and Romo sits to pee should be at 10-13 (according to profootballrefrence).

Romo sits to pee has only played in four regular season "Decembers" so far (2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009). It would be impossible for him to have 23 games total in that timespan. That would be around 6 games a season in December/January lol...

Romo sits to pee's only played 18 regular season games after December 1st. If you include playoffs his record would be 9-13, not 10-13.

Still wouldn't compare to Rivers' 22-4 record.

Yeah the picture is clear. Rivers and Romo sits to pee both excel in the regular season (Romo sits to pee is an October warrior and Rivers in a December) but both choke in the playoffs.

The picture is even MORE clear when we stick to the topic of our posts lol...which was that Rivers "chokes" just like Romo sits to pee does (your comment), and that Rivers blows Romo sits to pee out of the water when you compare their careers AFTER DECEMBER 1st (my comment). Since it's impossible to earn the label of "choker" in games played in September and October, Romo sits to pee's record during those months is irrelevant, only his record during the time when division titles, playoff births and the season are on the line should count...hence the "after December 1st" comment which you strangely keep overlooking for some reason lol ;).

way to cherry pick stats.

Claiming Schuab is better because of this season would be like saying Romo sits to pee is better than Brady because he had more yards and less ints (FTR Shuab had 217 more yards on the season, 3 more TDs and 6 more INTs).

And it's very debatable who had more talent between Romo sits to pee and Palmer. Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmendzada, Chris Henry and Rudi Johnson all in their prime.

Romo sits to pee has only played in four regular season "Decembers" so far (2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009). It would be impossible for him to have 23 games total in that timespan. That would be around 6 games a season in December/January lol...

Romo sits to pee's only played 18 regular season games after December 1st. If you include playoffs his record would be 9-13, not 10-13.

Still wouldn't compare to Rivers' 22-4 record.

The picture is even MORE clear when we stick to the topic of our posts lol...which was that Rivers "chokes" just like Romo sits to pee does (your comment), and that Rivers blows Romo sits to pee out of the water when you compare their careers AFTER DECEMBER 1st (my comment). Since it's impossible to earn the label of "choker" in games played in September and October, Romo sits to pee's record during those months is irrelevant, only his record during the time when division titles, playoff births and the season are on the line should count...hence the "after December 1st" comment which you strangely keep overlooking for some reason lol ;).

Pretty convincing that Rivers doesn't come close to 'choking' like Romo sits to pee does. It's almost impossible for anyone to make that assertion about Rivers in light of Califan's FACTS.

As a Cowboy fan I'd say at this point the better list is pretty much as follows:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Kurt Warner

Brett Favre

Drew Brees

Phillip Rivers

Big Ben

there are a few others who are comparable, but I wouldn't say better.

That's fair...I would say there may be about 3-4 QBs who are more or less tied for 8th place on your list, and one of them would be Romo sits to pee. However, since they're all tied I would place Romo sits to pee as #3 or #4 on the "tied" list, technically placing him outside the top 10 lol :silly:

Pretty convincing that Rivers doesn't come close to 'choking' like Romo sits to pee does. It's almost impossible for anyone to make that assertion about Rivers in light of Califan's FACTS.

Rivers practically becomes unstoppable during the last 4-5 weeks of the regular season, no matter what the circumstances are. He has made it to the AFC Championship Game without the aid of a bye week and beat the Colts on the road to do so. Sorry but I just can NOT equate Rivers and Romo sits to pee when it comes to "choking" lol...

That's fair...I would say there may be about 3-4 QBs who are more or less tied for 8th place on your list, and one of them would be Romo sits to pee. However, since they're all tied I would place Romo sits to pee as #3 or #4 on the "tied" list, technically placing him outside the top 10 lol :silly:

It's fair, but I would have to place Rodgers over Romo sits to pee. In 2 years, he's managed one year on par with Romo sits to pee's career, and one that is better than anything Romo sits to pee has done. And his one playoff performance blows away anything Romo sits to pee has done in any of his.

I would say 9-12 are Romo sits to pee, Schaub, McNabb, Eli in some order. Whether Palmer or Cutler can get themselves back into that discuassion, or whether Ryan can rise to it we'll have to wait until next season to find out.

It's fair, but I would have to place Rodgers over Romo sits to pee. In 2 years, he's managed one year on par with Romo sits to pee's career, and one that is better than anything Romo sits to pee has done. And his one playoff performance blows away anything Romo sits to pee has done in any of his.

I would say 9-12 are Romo sits to pee, Schaub, McNabb, Eli in some order. Whether Palmer or Cutler can get themselves back into that discuassion, or whether Ryan can rise to it we'll have to wait until next season to find out.

I like your list better lol :cheers:

If you factor in surrounding talent, it is arguable Romo sits to pee has done less with more.

He hasn't made any of the players around him better as a guy like manning or Favre have.

Manning has made top wr the past couple years out of Garson(sp?) and Collie, Look what Favre has done for Rice's career, Journey man TE Shincoe and helped Harvin become an NFL WR.

Brady and McNabb have succeeded without great receivers.

Romo sits to pee? Fasano improved after going to Miami, Roy Williams has gotten worse since leaving the Lions. Austin? he has talent, and most of his yards comes after the catch because of his running ability. In fact Romo sits to pee lead the league for QB's YAC. The fact that the poke offense is not designed like a WCO to get a lot of YAC, but a deep ball passing game... not really considered a plus for him

Archived