Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge a QB by Super Bowl wins (Marino & Kelly each have fewer rings than Trent Dilfer & Mark Rypien) but judging a QB by PLAYOFF wins is fair imo.

Career playoff wins:

Montana - 16

Brady - 14

Elway - 14

Favre - 12

Kelly - 9

McNabb - 9

Big Ben - 8

Marino - 8

P. Manning - 7

Dilfer - 5

E. Manning - 4

Rypien - 4

Flacco - 3

David Woodley - 3

Romo sits to pee - ONE

I'd say Tony has a long way to go before he's in any elite QB argument.

That metric is flawed by the simple fact that you have McNabb over Manning and Ben who have won superbowls.

Flacco over Romo sits to pee - to me - is preposterous.

Whether it's fair or not, that's how they are judged. That's what they look at.

Look at his numbers and tell me he isn't a top tier QB.

I'll wait.

You've confused me with a hater. Romo sits to pee catches grief here because in case you haven't noticed this is a redskins forum. If the pope came to my town wearing a blue star hat, I'd put my tickets on ebay and skip the event. (ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the point.)

Romo sits to pee's numbers aren't good... they are amazing. In 4 years as a starter he's never had lower than a 91.4 rating. Go back to my Elway post and think about that for a minute. His TD/Int ration is 107/55 which is almost 2 to 1 which again is outstanding. Yards per attempt routinely over 8 yards. Percentage is always over 61%.

Skins fans are going to hate this but it's really obvious: Romo sits to pee is well on his way to a Hall of Fame career. If he can put 6 more season together like the last four, which can be somewhat expected being that starting QB's improve over time. His problem is that it took him forever to get on the field and 4 years into a starting career he's 29. If he can hold together for 6 years and win a bunch of playoff games and a superbowl... his career will be looked upon as a great one.

Having said that I hope he falls flat on his face and fails. I also think he's kind of a smarmy **** and unlike guys like McNabb he's not a play I like when I ignore their team affiliation.

That metric is flawed by the simple fact that you have McNabb over Manning and Ben who have won superbowls.

Flacco is so overrated that is sickens me. Can you imagine the grief Romo sits to pee, Campbell, Manning, or McNabb would get if they had a game like Flacco had against the Pats?

He had a friggin 10 QB rating. 10. 10!!!!!!

Flacco is overrated, no question, and true McNabb isn't better than Big Ben. But that's not the point here. It's not to point out that winning playoff games makes you a great QB, it's just to say that only having ONE career playoff win keeps you out of the argument.

I dare you to find me a great/elite QB in NFL history who won fewer than three playoff games in his career. Granted, Romo sits to pee's career isn't over yet, but we can only go by what he's done up to this point.

Flacco is so overrated that is sickens me. Can you imagine the grief Romo sits to pee, Campbell, Manning, or McNabb would get if they had a game like Flacco had against the Pats?

He had a friggin 10 QB rating. 10. 10!!!!!!

You obviously don't listen to D.C. & Philly sports radio and you don't pay any attention to "The Stadium" part of ES. Campbell & McNabb get grief from their fans if they're playing WELL.

You should have heard the Eagles fans on WIP after the game last Saturday, if it were up to them McNabb would be awaiting the gas chamber right now.

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Palmer

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Eli

10. Warner

11. Rodgers

12. Campbell

If Flacco had another year under his belt, he'd be in the list.

Leaving the top 11 out, it's still so great to see Campbell at 12, as the 12th best QB in the NFL.

I really don't think there's ever been a better post.

Sorry, I had to revisit it.

Umm. I said nothing about Brees, but yes, he is one helluva QB IMO.

But I did lol...my response was to a question comparing Romo sits to pee to Brees...and you said you found fault with my response. So I had to remind you what it was based on, and put it into context for you. The fact that you didn't mention Brees just underscores that you probably weren't really following along with my responses and why I was saying them.

BTW. I perfectly understand. It seems that being right on this subject is of the utmost importance to you and you won't be able to function until I give in.

So as a goodwill gesture, I surrender and you win.

I don't give a rat's ass about you "giving in"...but don't expect me NOT to back up my viewpoints or point out flaws in your (or anyone else's) logic when I see holes there big enough to drive Rosie O'Donnell through. I respect good debate that actually attacks the points I was making and understands why I was making them far more than I do someone who feels the need to agree with me simply to end the debate.

What?

I mean, what?

Record = success

What?

No, it doesn't. Not in the playoffs.

All 4-4 records in the playoffs are not the same. Example:

QB 1 earns it's 4-4 by making the playoffs 5 years in a row:

1st year, 0-1

2nd year, 1-1

3rd year, 3-0, Super Bowl win

4th year, 0-1

5th year, 0-1

QB 2 earns its 4-4 record by making the playoffs 4 years in a row and winning the wildcard game each time yet losing in the divisional round.

Sorry, but QB 1 has indeed had more playoff success than QB 2. I dare you to argue otherwise intelligently.

Now I see. Jim Kelley is leaps and bounds better than Marino! He made it further!

Did you forget BOTH QBs made it to the Super Bowl? lol...How exactly did Kelly make it further? Explain that one.

I would counter Romo sits to pee has played exceptional this year. Especially after you all said "wait until he can't play with TO."

Look at people's record/stats after TO left.

So, Romo sits to pee is the equal of Brees because...because he played well without T.O.? lol...Guess what...SO DID BREES! :rotflmao:...ALL of Brees' TDs and stats and yardage was without T.O.!! Geez, you make this too easy.

I would say he had an exceptional year.

McNabb last 4 years - 95.5 89.9 86.4 92.9

Warner - 89.3 89.8 96.9 93.2

Brees - 96.2 89.4 96.2 109.6

Romo sits to pee - 95.1 97.4 91.4 97.6

Um...

McNabb: NFC Championship Game

Warner: Super Bowl

Brees: NFC Championship Game

Romo sits to pee: wildcard win

Only in Kapolaniland do those accomplishments equal each other lol...or should I say only in Kapolaniland do those accomplishments mean next to nothing, it's all regular season stats that matter, mainly because regular season stats are all that Romo sits to pee has to justify his lofty stature in your argument.

But let's look deeper and see how Brees fared his first 4 seasons like Romo sits to pee:

Oh, damn, now we're comparing each QBs' first four seasons!!! :rotflmao:...No wonder you always get laughing emoticons in people's resonses to you lol...

First you claim that Romo sits to pee is playing well "now"...and that now is all that matters. NOW you're talking about 2006 and, in Brees' case, 2002!!! lol...Make up your damn mind.

And that's what you would expect if you subscribe to the notion that QB's from big programs SHOULD do better than UDFA. Therefore I would have to say that Romo sits to pee is doing pretty damn good for a nobody.

Wouldn't you agree?

Ok, which point are you trying to make...that Romo sits to pee is doing good for a guy who came into the league as an UDFA?...or that saying Brees is better than Romo sits to pee is laughable because there's no basis for that conclusion?...or that Romo sits to pee's one wildcard win is comparable to QBs who made it to the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl?...

Because you've made all of those arguments so far, switching back and fourth between them whenever you feel cornered. So, please, stick to one argument and one argument alone. Because if all you're wanting is for people to admit that Romo sits to pee has done well for a UDFA, then you've already had that said numerous times by numerous people here, for years now.

Just to be fair, you can't compare win/lose or career stats with some one with few years in the league against some one with 10 years in the league. Just like you can't compare active players stats against a retired player.

If you are going to compare stats or win/loss data, then the fair method is to use year for year stats, otherwise, you'll skew the the data and will usually favor a player with longer career.

1. Teams win or lose games, not the QB

2. Kelly, McNabb have played in multiple playoff wins, and Championship games... and made it to the Super Bowl, not to mention their teams success and personal stats over an extended period of time.

3. This is Romo sits to pee first season he's played consistently well beginning to end, out of 3 1/2 as a starter, he has 1 wildcard team win in 3 tries in the playoffs

4. when Romo sits to pee reaches nearly have the accomplishments of the other two then you can at least ask if he's in their league

5. Anyone else find it funny a poke fan talking about only SB wins matter, then argue Romo sits to pee's "greatness" when he hasn't even sniffed a NFC championship game much less a Super Bowl appearance? :hysterical:

i think being a win away from the NFC Title game is "sniffing"....this makes his 2nd time "sniffing" the NFC title game, in the past 3 years....just saying.

i think being a win away from the NFC Title game is "sniffing"....this makes his 2nd time "sniffing" the NFC title game, in the past 3 years....just saying.

:rolleyes:

Leave it to Cowturd fan to spin and twist the definition of words to paint Turd players & Turd team in the best light. So let me guess, did the Turds "sniff" the playoffs last year because they were a week away from playing in the WC round? Let me guess, according to you the answer is yes. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, "sniffing" means GETTING TO, not a WEEK AWAY FROM.

:rolleyes:

Leave it to Cowturd fan to spin and twist the definition of words to paint Turd players & Turd team in the best light. So let me guess, did the Turds "sniff" the playoffs last year because they were a week away from playing in the WC round? Let me guess, according to you the answer is yes. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, "sniffing" means GETTING TO, not a WEEK AWAY FROM.

Sniffing implies getting close. To say the London Flether has never sniffed a pro-bowl is false, because he's gotten close several times. To say prior to 2004 Donovan McNabb had never sniffed a super bowl is false, because he was in 3 NFC championship games.

Even saying T-Mac has never sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs is wrong because he's lost game 7s and game 5s (back when it was best of 5 series). On the flip side saying T-Mac never sniffed a Conference Championship is true, because he's never been out the first round.

Sniffing implies getting close. To say the London Flether has never sniffed a pro-bowl is false, because he's gotten close several times. To say prior to 2004 Donovan McNabb had never sniffed a super bowl is false, because he was in 3 NFC championship games.

Even saying T-Mac has never sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs is wrong because he's lost game 7s and game 5s (back when it was best of 5 series). On the flip side saying T-Mac never sniffed a Conference Championship is true, because he's never been out the first round.

dude, it's semantics, who cares?

what you think? :hysterical:

yeah that's an objective view

Sorry not even the most outlandish view can say 0-2 before a wild card win is even close to a "sniff" of the NFCCG, if they win Sunday then he can use his sniffer.

I swear,... do you enjoy being laughed at?

you sure go out of your way to set yourself up for the comic fall. :evilg:

dude, it's semantics, who cares?

:rotflmao: Thank you :applause:

I haven't read this thread in several days, but with the last page filled with talk of "sniffing" (lol) I'm gonna assume that it relates to something I said because I used that term in regards to Romo sits to pee never even sniffing the NFC Championship game in an earlier post...(and if it's not in reference to my post I'm gonna pretend it is, anyway lol :D )

As someone else pointed out above, "sniffing" means making it TO the NFC Championship game (or Super Bowl, whichever). "Close" doesn't count except, as they say, in horseshoes. and as doncherry just pointed out, it's semantics anyway...just a figure of speech, a way of saying "While the other QBs we're talking about have at least MADE it to the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl, Romo sits to pee has not".

Sorry, 3 trips to the playoffs and a grand total of one wildcard win is NOT "coming close" to or "sniffing" the NFC Championship game.

:rotflmao: Thank you :applause:

I haven't read this thread in several days, but with the last page filled with talk of "sniffing" (lol) I'm gonna assume that it relates to something I said because I used that term in regards to Romo sits to pee never even sniffing the NFC Championship game in an earlier post...(and if it's not in reference to my post I'm gonna pretend it is, anyway lol :D )

Indeed it does. ;)

Sorry, 3 trips to the playoffs and a grand total of one wildcard win is NOT "coming close" to or "sniffing" the NFC Championship game.

But of course Cowturd fans are pathetically arguing otherwise. :hysterical:

I think from now on the rest of us should play along, it's hilarious when Cowturd fans throw up all over themselves trying to make factually incorrect (or imaginative ways to spin facts) points.

Archived