Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: WASHINGTON REDSKINS UNVEIL NEW PARKING LOT AND MORE TAILGATING...

JimmiJo

Am I the only here that thinks that parking lot attendents are not going to ask every single person if they are tailgating or not?

How will they know?

Thats a good point Mayor which is why I think they'll need to get going with tailgate passes to make it easier.

They may hire more attendants :whoknows:

EDIT:

And now thinking about it, its real simple. If you set up a big ass tailgate in front of the lot, they'll make you take it down and tell you go to the back of the lot

Thats the easiest way to enforce this

Thats a good point Mayor which is why I think they'll need to get going with tailgate passes to make it easier.

They may hire more attendants :whoknows:

Last year they tried to mark everyones Parking Passes with a sharpie. It lasted for one game. I hope this wont last but we need to voice our opinion and stop it before the season starts.

This to me is the critical passage

So if I am interpreting this correct (which being me, I am) it means the following

If you want to tailgate with the ES group, that is fine, you go to the back of the lot. Which makes sense and is already done. You can have multiple spots there unless spaces are needed.

If you are someone like myself, goes to 1-2 games per year, doesn't bring anything for a tailgate, I will have to park up front where I will be directed where to park and will not be allowed to have multiple spots. Nor will I be able to tailgate, but I can hang out in my parking space

No, you could tailgate in your space, or if you are not bringing anything you could just walk to the ES tailgate, just like a lot of the regulars anyway do now. Or you could just tell them you are tailgating back there....I don't see them inspecting cars for grills, canopies, etc for people who want to park in the back like that.

No' date=' you could tailgate in your space, or if you are not bringing anything you could just walk to the ES tailgate, just like a lot of the regulars anyway do now. Or you could just tell them you are tailgating back there....I don't see them inspecting cars for grills, canopies, etc for people who want to park in the back like that.[/quote']

I agree with that.

I am one who'll park, and walk over to the ES tailgate in the back.

But someone like Pez and Huly will park in the back, set up shop, and away we go

Again, this actually seems reasonable. People who are there more for watching warmups and getting in the stadium park up front without having to worry about big tailgates

People who want to have fun and party will set up shop towards the back, which is where people tailgate regardless

Basically this says you can't have multiple spot tailgates in the front of lots

The way the policy reads to me, is that you will be sent to the new two-spots area, but still directed to park by attendants. Then, your second spot may be filled in later as the lots become full. I'm still not seeing anywhere in the policy that large tailgates will be allowed to group together throughout the first few hours of the morning as in the past.

That's how it reads to me, too. As soon as needed spots start creeping toward the rear, you lose your "second" spot.

That's how it reads to me, too. As soon as needed spots start creeping toward the rear, you lose your "second" spot.

I agree with that part

The first part though is that you'll get to park wherever the hell you want in the back. And if you set up a multiple spot tailgate towards the front of the lot, you'll probably be asked to take it down and keep the spot next to you open

Nowhere does it say they will direct you into a space. It only says they will direct you to the back of the lot. Which honestly does make sense to me if they do that.

And I am sure by the 2nd game, they'll know the ES tailgate and who goes there

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to interpret it the way you do, but I don't see that the statement actually says what you think it does. I REALLY want to be wrong here.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to interpret it the way you do, but I don't see that the statement actually says what you think it does. I REALLY want to be wrong here.

I agree I don't think its clear enough yet.

I also do not see where it says you will be directed to a particular SPOT.

You will however be directed to the tailgate area if you wish to tailgate.

That is how I am reading it thus far

My concern is that you get "directed" where to park, but the lot that your are directed to may not be the lot where you want to park. To me it is not clear that you will be able to pick which lot to park in, but rather be directed to the front or back of the lot that they send you to....

I think it does

Basically, from my understanding, if you are going to the ES tailgate you will be fine. You will simply be directed to the back of the lot, where ES already sets up

However, if you are someone like myself, who rarely tailgates and just wants to park, you'll be pointed to the front of the lot and directed as to where to park there

My concern is that you get "directed" where to park, but the lot that your are directed to may not be the lot where you want to park. To me it is not clear that you will be able to pick which lot to park in, but rather be directed to the front or back of the lot that they send you to....

I think this is solved by driving up to the lot where you wish to park.

You generally don't have people driving through the E lot to get to the F lot. I'd say 95 percent of people just pull up to the F lot

Once you get to the F lot you will be pointed to the front, if you are someone like me, or to the back for people like Pez and Huly and the DTC.

It won't be as if you get off 495 and are directed to the F lot in the back from there. I suspect it'll be you pull up to the lot and get directed from that point on

I agree with that part

The first part though is that you'll get to park wherever the hell you want in the back. And if you set up a multiple spot tailgate towards the front of the lot, you'll probably be asked to take it down and keep the spot next to you open

This is exactly how I read it, too. I think it's all a big uproar over nothing. And besides, just thinking from a logistical standpoint, it will be utterly impossible for them to enforce anything beyond this if they can even enforce this. Tailgating will go on as usual just with a slight emphasis on not taking extra spots for tents and such, particularly in the front of lots. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. :whoknows:

This is exactly how I read it, too. I think it's all a big uproar over nothing. And besides, just thinking from a logistical standpoint, it will be utterly impossible for them to enforce anything beyond this if they can even enforce this. Tailgating will go on as usual just with a slight emphasis on not taking extra spots for tents and such, particularly in the front of lots. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. :whoknows:

Exactly.

How this was all leaked was the usual PR cluster**** that represents Dan Snyder's Redskins

The policy itself is not terrible

I think this is solved by driving up to the lot where you wish to park.

You generally don't have people driving through the E lot to get to the F lot. I'd say 95 percent of people just pull up to the F lot

Once you get to the F lot you will be pointed to the front, if you are someone like me, or to the back for people like Pez and Huly and the DTC.

It won't be as if you get off 495 and are directed to the F lot in the back from there. I suspect it'll be you pull up to the lot and get directed from that point on

Just to add, I really don't think this is going to be a situation where, say I just have one cooler in my car and no extra parking spaces required, they are going to stop me from going anywhere in the green lot I feel like going. All they're trying to do is keep the entry and exit lanes at the front of the lots freer for traffic purposes. That's how I read it, anyways. I don't think this will have any real impact on anyone's tailgating experience. Hopefully though, it will get rid of the ****ing annoying PA guys next to the ES tailgate so I don't have to hear "Who needs a nummmmmmber!!" all day anymore ;)

Exactly.

How this was all leaked was the usual PR cluster**** that represents Dan Snyder's Redskins

The policy itself is not terrible

Bingo. Why a few people got poorly clarified emails that then spread instead of this press release coming out to begin with is beyond me. Par for the course I suppose.

As I said earlier, this solves nothing. It's unclear. On game day, many ES fans could be tailgating no where near a designated ES Tailgate party. Until it is clear, we must assume that this is a new policy that breaks up any hope of having ES Tailgates as we know it.

"It sounds like" or "It's possible" or "I think there are no changes" is not set in stone. Until it is set in stone, then the powers that be will enforce the new policies as they see fit. In other words - how it impacts the bottom line.

As I said earlier, this solves nothing. It's unclear. On game day, many ES fans could be tailgating no where near a designated ES Tailgate party. Until it is clear, we must assume that this is a new policy that breaks up any hope of having ES Tailgates as we know it.

"It sounds like" or "It's possible" or "I think there are no changes" is not set in stone. Until it is set in stone, then the powers that be will enforce the new policies as they see fit. In other words - how it impacts the bottom line.

To be honest, I am not sure where people are getting the doom and gloom you won't be able to tailgate with each other scenario.

All I am getting out of this is you won't be able to take up multiple spots up towards the front of the lot and you cannot tailgate in the Platinum lots

That is the only clear thing. Nothing states you will be directed to a particular spot

It's just not feasible, they don't have the manpower to do what you're fearing. There's no way that with a green pass, once in the lot, you can't go anywhere you want. I don't see anyway this will disrupt the ES tailgate.

Hopefully though, it will get rid of the ****ing annoying PA guys next to the ES tailgate so I don't have to hear "Who needs a nummmmmmber!!" all day anymore ;)

WHO NEEDS A TRIPLE!?!?!?!? I think most of us are annoyed by those idiots.

This version of the policy sounds better than the first, we just have to ensure that ES folks are at the head of the line every game, like usual. Since the ES tailgate seems like it may stay intact, my next question is, how does this affect MTH and Teddy's spots?

Theory is a wonderful thing ... somewhere in Utopia. :doh:

Seriously, though ... having seen the press release, it sounds simple enough. There will still be factions that remain unhappy because they stand to lose well established locations.

my 0.02

Since the ES tailgate seems like it may stay intact, my next question is, how does this affect MTH and Teddy's spots?

Looks like they will have to move. Mark will for sure, because his lot was changed and is no longer green. Teddy, I'd assume won't be allowed to tailgate at his current spot from they way the thing is worded.

... how does this affect MTH and Teddy's spots?

I think MTH's tailgate was over in D-2 so they have been forced to move. One of my winter league bowlers parks in that area so I know Brian and his family will be looking for a new home ... (not sure if he tailgates with MTH but he has mentioned D-2 with an invite whenever I got green parking)

Based on eyeballing the two maps, it looks like Teddy will be moved back a couple of rows due to the expansion of handicap parking into G.

I see people taking trips to FedEx in early August ...

cheers

I think MTH's tailgate was over in D-2 so they have been forced to move. One of my winter league bowlers parks in that area so I know Brian and his family will be looking for a new home ... (not sure if he tailgates with MTH but he has mentioned D-2 with an invite whenever I got green parking)

Based on eyeballing the two maps, it looks like Teddy will be moved back a couple of rows due to the expansion of handicap parking into G.

I see people taking trips to FedEx in early August ...

cheers

Based on what the Press Release says I'll have to park in the back of the Orange lot which was the bus lot. I'll be farther away from the stadium. If this goes through and happens I'm done.

Based on what the Press Release says I'll have to park in the back of the Orange lot which was the bus lot. I'll be farther away from the stadium. If this goes through and happens I'm done.

That would be a shame teddy because though I haven't been, from all I've heard your tailgates are legendary. Maybe you can try to scope out a new spot to continue your tailgate fun. I'm sure it'll be a hassle after having the same spot for such a long time, but it might be worthwhile...

HTTR

Archived