Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: WASHINGTON REDSKINS UNVEIL NEW PARKING LOT AND MORE TAILGATING...

JimmiJo

I haven't tried this and I'm basing my assumption on years of observation, so precede at your own risk because everything could be different come opening day.

For those of you who don't attend the ES tailgate and would like plenty of room to tailgate in the green lots, lot B3 might be your best bet. The walk to the stadium is a little further and you might be the last out of the lots after the game, so you should plan on a post game tailgate.

Because lot B3 is so isolated, there SHOULD be a ton of room to tailgate and toss the football. If the staff directs you to the back of the lot for tailgating like they're supposed to (I know that’s a big "if") this green lot usually fills last on gamedays.

If you arrive 3 hours before a kickoff via Morgan Blvd. or Arena Dr. you may have to ask to be directed to B3 b/c the staff tends to point you toward the closest green lots until those fill. I'm not exactly sure when or how they decide to start filling B3, but it seems like there's always a ton of room in there.

Check it out on the map.

Note that Hill Oaks Rd. which borders the South side of B3 does not allow outside entry or exit from the property. The only way to get to B3 is Morgan Blvd. or Arena Dr.

I came in on Morgan Blvd. Saturday night and was not allowed to make a right turn into H3. All orange parkers were forced to turn left into A3, which was really frustrating because H3 was mostly empty. I just figured they were loading up H3 from the other side.

It's been that way for at least the last five years since I've been parking and tailgating in A3. We've watched in wonder as A3 gets three quarters full while H3 never even gets to half capacity by kickoff time. The TO swears that every orange pass is sold and every spot accounted for. lol!

Morgan Blvd. has the one lane for Orange/Green and three lanes for Purple. The Orange/Green was backed up a mile; the three Purple lanes had no one in them. A total zoo.

That was ridiculous. I stayed to the right and went through the purple lines w/ my orange pass. Nobody gave a :pooh: as I suspected they wouldn't. That little manuever saved us about 10 mins in a line that would have been for nothing. I felt bad for the greens who had no choice but to wait.

That was ridiculous. I stayed to the right and went through the purple lines w/ my orange pass. Nobody gave a :pooh: as I suspected they wouldn't. That little manuever saved us about 10 mins in a line that would have been for nothing. I felt bad for the greens who had no choice but to wait.

That saved you more than ten minutes. So what did you do, stay in Purple and then just merge over to turn into A3?

Also, does anyone know how to get into the Orange lot on H3? Even at the end of the game, it was largely empty in the back.

If you arrive 3 hours before a kickoff via Morgan Blvd. or Arena Dr. you may have to ask to be directed to B3 b/c the staff tends to point you toward the closest green lots until those fill. I'm not exactly sure when or how they decide to start filling B3, but it seems like there's always a ton of room in there.

Check it out on the map.

How exactly do you get to B3? I came up Morgan Blvd and they forced all the green into A3. Based on the 2009 map, neither Morgan Blvd nor Arena Drive lead to B3. You'd have to tkae Morgan Blvd or Arena Drive to the road that circles the stadium and then turn left (to the north of the platinum lots).

Looks like a good idea if I could just find it . . .

That saved you more than ten minutes. So what did you do, stay in Purple and then just merge over to turn into A3?

Just stay to your right and ignore the signs for purple only. I know it sounds like an a-hole maneuver, but It's not like your blocking anyone else who should rightfully be there b/c there is no line. And it's not like the staff is going to turn you around at that point (at least that was my thinking).

Also, the long line on Morgan Blvd. for orange was total b.s. b/c the signs essentially direct oranges into the green lot entrence for A-4, when in fact the entry gate for orange A-3 is another 100 yards up the rd. from that of the green A-4.:doh:

Also, does anyone know how to get into the Orange lot on H3? Even at the end of the game, it was largely empty in the back.

The only way I've ever seen is off of Arena Dr. But after the game it's a total nightmare b/c they make you go back out to Arena Dr.

I'm not exactly sure when they start allowing people to park in H-3 b/c no one ever tailgates there the way they would if you could get in there at 9:00 AM.:whoknows:

So that'd be, according to MTH's map..Exit 15B, down central to Morgan?

Yup. Take Central to Morgan. That's how we go into every game. Not a whole lot of traffic going in and its not horrible going out either. I think the longest its taken us to get out after a game is probably 30 minutes or so.

Yup. Take Central to Morgan. That's how we go into every game. Not a whole lot of traffic going in and its not horrible going out either. I think the longest its taken us to get out after a game is probably 30 minutes or so.

Morgan Blvd. always has the least amount of traffic b/c a majority of the patrons approach from the north side of the Beltway, thus hitting the Landover Rd. and Arena Dr. exits first.

Even those who come from the south tend to pass the exit for Central Ave. b/c it's not the most direct route. Mapquest, Google and Yahoo etc. never tell anyone to use Central Ave. if they're coming from 495.

Morgan Blvd. always has the least amount of traffic b/c a majority of the patrons approach from the north side of the Beltway, thus hitting the Landover Rd. and Arena Dr. exits first.

Even those who come from the south tend to pass the exit for Central Ave. b/c it's not the most direct route. Mapquest, Google and Yahoo etc. never tell anyone to use Central Ave. if they're coming from 495.

Yeah I regret that now lol. We've been using this way since the stadium first opened. My grandparents live off of Marlboro Pike so its like a 15 minute drive to FedEx from there.

I came in on Morgan Blvd. Saturday night and was not allowed to make a right turn into H3. All orange parkers were forced to turn left into A3, which was really frustrating because H3 was mostly empty. I just figured they were loading up H3 from the other side.

I learned that two seasons ago for the Miami game ... they wanted me to turn into A-3 but I kept going, made the right then right into H-3.

The maps clearly state Arena for H-3 so I am waiting to find out what's happening with the road block and whether this was an oops, just for preseason or something that my group is not going to want to hear regarding the home opener.

cheers

The only way I've ever seen is off of Arena Dr. But after the game it's a total nightmare b/c they make you go back out to Arena Dr.

I'm not exactly sure when they start allowing people to park in H-3 b/c no one ever tailgates there the way they would if you could get in there at 9:00 AM.:whoknows:

I've parked in H-3 the last two seasons and we've always been able to access when the lots open. And, as previously mentioned, the only point of entry is the spur off Arena Drive ... (the Morgan approach puts you in A-3)

As far as exiting ... on at least one occasion in years past, I was able to make the left turn onto Morgan Boulevard. That may very well be different with the new flow patterns.

Then again, I don't worry about that since I usually stick around and tailgate some more until things clear out.

my 0.02

G20 tailgate was awesome as usual! Thanx Ted!!!! Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon, i couldn't stop thinking about it half way through the fourth quarter. I love the G20 Ef da Cowboys tailgate soooo much. I cant wait for the regular season to start. We burning a Romo sits to pee jersey this season?

• 3 months later...

Remember this panic thread back in preseason?

Oh, the uncertainty that was.:readnews:

At this point, I think it's safe to conclude that virtually nothing has changed from years past and the vets can tailgate as we please, just as we always have. :cool2:

There's now more stadium parking and more room to tailgate than ever before. The 'express lanes' to exit never happened and no seems to care where you tailgate or how much room you take up.:deal:

Ya, ya. You can say :bfd: but to some of us the tailgating is half the fun.

I'm just looking for some positives to this season folks.:logo:

At this point, I think it's safe to conclude that virtually nothing has changed from years past and the vets can tailgate as we please, just as we always have. :cool2:

There's now more stadium parking and more room to tailgate than ever before. The 'express lanes' to exit never happened and no seems to care where you tailgate or how much room you take up.:deal:

Well it probably doesn't hurt when there are only 70-something thousand people at the games anyway ;)

Well, its because of threads like this that after week one, they went back to what was working in the past. So....sorry. You are dead wrong.

So the new tailgating rules and regs have made your gameday experience as miserable as we feared back in August?

What he's saying is that because we managed to head the new rules off at the pass with the backlash from the tailgaters, they were never implemented to the degree that was feared when they were announced; thus not affecting the tailgate experience by any real measure.

What he's saying is that because we managed to head the new rules off at the pass with the backlash from the tailgaters, they were never implemented to the degree that was feared when they were announced; thus not affecting the tailgate experience by any real measure.

Exactly. Week 1 was a nightmare of being harrassed by guys in golfcarts and folks who didn't speak english. The second home game was like last season. So, the NEW rules seem to have been retired after one huge failed week.

And all I'm saying is that I'm thankful that we can still have our way. I'm mining for positives here.;)

As much as I'd like to credit ES and the fan backlash for the lack of enforcement of these new rules, I believe that we've benefitted more from the sheer impracticality of enforcing such draconian measures as directing people to specific parking spots.

Remember how this all started when the new rules were first unveiled to select few of the premium account holders during the mid summer push to sell last minute suites and loge seating? I think it all mushroomed from there when the org. was caught off guard from the backlash, when the rules were mostly intended to be a marketing ploy to sell the new platinum parking.

Shocker that this FO was not prepared from PR standpoint.:doh:

Archived