Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: WASHINGTON REDSKINS UNVEIL NEW PARKING LOT AND MORE TAILGATING...

JimmiJo

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

June 22, 2009

WASHINGTON REDSKINS UNVEIL NEW PARKING LOT AND MORE TAILGATING TO ENHANCE FAN ACCESS AND EXPERIENCE AT FEDEX FIELD

The most significant new procedure will have parking attendants directing fans who wish to tailgate in more than one space to the back of lots, where they will be allowed to occupy two spaces until required for additional vehicles. Fans who wish to only park, or tailgate within their single parking spot, will be directed to the front of lots, filling the lot from front to back. Tailgating is permitted in all lots, except Platinum. Platinum lot parkers who choose to tailgate will be provided passes for Purple lots.

"Everyone who wants to tailgate should be able to tailgate. We absolutely believe that," Gershman said. "This is designed to improve the experience for fans who want to tailgate.”

No this is still wrong! Being DIRECTED where to park will not gallow us to tailgate together. Say pez and I drive seperate. I get stuck in traffic and I arrive later than him. I am then directed to the next space so I could not park near my husband.

Based on what the Press Release says I'll have to park in the back of the Orange lot which was the bus lot. I'll be farther away from the stadium. If this goes through and happens I'm done.

Teddy ... if I remember correctly, you had your tents adjacent to the two end spots along the row. Did the PTB (powers that be) feel it was an obstacle for others entering that section?

If skinsfan44 and I make the trade, I plan to be back in H-3 provided things remain intact as last year. Perhaps you want to explore setting up in the grass area there?

my 0.02

No this is still wrong! Being DIRECTED where to park will not gallow us to tailgate together. Say pez and I drive seperate. I get stuck in traffic and I arrive later than him. I am then directed to the next space so I could not park near my husband.

I don't think that is correct Huly

You will NOT be directed to a particular parking space

You will however be directed to the front of the lot if you are not tailgating or taking up only one space

The ES tailgate should notice NO difference

I don't think that is correct Huly

You will NOT be directed to a particular parking space

You will however be directed to the front of the lot if you are not tailgating or taking up only one space

The ES tailgate should notice NO difference

I was told that you will be DIRECTED to the next spot. It all depends on how you enter the gate on where you have to park.

No this is still wrong! Being DIRECTED where to park will not allow us to tailgate together. Say pez and I drive seperate. I get stuck in traffic and I arrive later than him. I am then directed to the next space so I could not park near my husband.

So says the experienced voice of ES Tailgates and one of the most knowledgeable persons of the parking situation(s) at FedEx.

For those who believe that all will be well with this new policy, we hope you enjoy the loneliness and isolation of your new tailgating experiences.

Ok people, I'll try and end the panic

An SHF guide to this thing

1) You will still be able to tailgate

2) If you are tailgating AND taking up multiple spots you will be directed to the BACK OF THE LOT you wish to park in

3) You will NOT be able to tailgate in the Platinum lot

4) You will NOT be able to have MULTIPLE parking spaces in the front of lots

5) You will NOT be directed to a particular parking space, just a general area in the lot

6) NOWHERE in the Press Release does it state that groups will NOT be able to tailgate together nor that you will be DIRECTED TO A PARKING SPOT

We're hoping that since it doesn't specifically say assigned spaces, it just means we're being directed to a general area.

Ok people, I'll try and end the panic

An SHF guide to this thing

1) You will still be able to tailgate

2) If you are tailgating AND taking up multiple spots you will be directed to the BACK OF THE LOT you wish to park in

3) You will NOT be able to tailgate in the Platinum lot

4) You will NOT be able to have MULTIPLE parking spaces in the front of lots

5) You will NOT be directed to a particular parking space, just a general area in the lot

6) NOWHERE in the Press Release does it state that groups will NOT be able to tailgate together nor that you will be DIRECTED TO A PARKING SPOT

Good luck...I've been fighting a similar uphill battle all day in the other thread!

We're hoping that since it doesn't specifically say assigned spaces, it just means we're being directed to a general area.

Exactly

Now if Huly called the ticket office and they said "you will be directed to a parking SPOT" then we will have problems

But the press release does NOT state that

In fairness, the Redskins have a legitimate problem. They have a stadium that was built for 70,000 people and a parking situation designed for 70,000 people but a stadium that fits seats 90,000 people. This is not Philly where you basically have endless parking because of all the stadia (I took Latin) being in one location and sharing parking.

I still don't see how the brain-dead parking lot attendants are going to be able to direct tailgaters to one location and non-tailgaters to another without causing a complete meltdown.

"The most significant new procedure will have parking attendants directing fans who wish to tailgate in more than one space to the back of lots, where they will be allowed to occupy two spaces until required for additional vehicles. Fans who wish to only park, or tailgate within their single parking spot, will be directed to the front of lots, filling the lot from front to back. Tailgating is permitted in all lots, except Platinum. Platinum lot parkers who choose to tailgate will be provided passes for Purple lots."

See directed! I called the TO again and the following:

TO- "well the press release says directed"

my response- Thats not good enough

TO- Hold on I will transfer you

I am on hold now! :doh:

Read through the lines guys and gals! They are just saying tailgates are allowed but not answering the question. I am still on hold with the TO.

Being directed to a specific area is the same as being directed to a specific parking spot. When it is organized that way, you go to a specific spot. Just wait and see.

But feel free to interpret it your way and then be prepared to see how the parking attendants will enforce the new policy.

Being directed to a specific area is the same as being directed to a specific parking spot. When it is organized that way, you go to a specific spot. Just wait and see.

But feel free to interpret it your way and then be prepared to see how the parking attendants will enforce the new policy.

I think they will enforce the policy by making you only have one spot up front, or take down tents and tailgates up front

In the back, I see no issues arising from this.

All it says is if you are going to tailgate you will be directed to the back of the lot.

The word "directed" seems to be confusing people

"The most significant new procedure will have parking attendants directing fans who wish to tailgate in more than one space to the back of lots, where they will be allowed to occupy two spaces until required for additional vehicles. Fans who wish to only park, or tailgate within their single parking spot, will be directed to the front of lots, filling the lot from front to back. Tailgating is permitted in all lots, except Platinum. Platinum lot parkers who choose to tailgate will be provided passes for Purple lots."

See directed! I called the TO again and the following:

TO- "well the press release says directed"

my response- Thats not good enough

TO- Hold on I will transfer you

I am on hold now! :doh:

Read through the lines guys and gals! They are just saying tailgates are allowed but not answering the question. I am still on hold with the TO.

I'm reading that as if you want to tailgate in more than one space, you all need to be in the same car. I think the days of saving spaces are over.

You can go both ways on whether that is a good move or a bad move.

In no way will they allow some people to park over here in the back and over there in the back. It will be orderly (in their way) and the ES Tailgate (and others) will be greatly affected.

Here is a hint - I've been going to Nascar races since 1971 and have seen similar changes. This fits the routine. The TO is following that script.

No. You can save a space,(according to the release),it's just that it's for a finite amount of time. That is until that space is required to accommodate others who wish to park for the game.

Exactly

Now if Huly called the ticket office and they said "you will be directed to a parking SPOT" then we will have problems

But the press release does NOT state that

YWhat I was told earlier is it was going to be you have to pull in as you line up.

I am talking to the ticket office again and they are back tracking some. The gentleman I am talking to is going to talk to his supervisor as I want it in writing that the ES tailgate will be allowed in the E43 lot. They are going to call me back.

Can an Orange Parking Pass still park in the Green lot after this or is Dave screwed out of being able to park with the ES tailgate now?

From what I am seeing ... downgrades will not be allowed so he would need a green pass.

I have green and am looking for orange so I'm always open for a trade.

thanks

Archived