Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Mike Florio: Holmgren wants the Redskins job

kmast000

Pick ONLY TWO tv characters as the best on the list.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Pick ONLY TWO tv characters as the best on the list.

• George Costanza (Seinfeld)
    • Al Bundy (Married With Children)
    • Stewie (Family Guy)
    • Fred Flintstone (The Flinstones)
    • Urkel (Family Matters)

Holmgren isn't very good, and don't spew a bunch of stats either.

I guess you dont remember the state of the Seahawks franchise before he took over. Anyone that thinks Mike Holmgren is a bad football coach should not be taken serious in any football conversation.

not to discredit the validity of florio, (insert own big ass laughing face here), but i'd give mike holmgren far more credit than to start openly putting his name forward for a job that's both not up for grabs, and one presently occupied by one of his former assistants.

Coach holmgren has always struck me as somebody with way more integrity than that.

Hail.

+1

Now Im really pulling for Zorn to do well. With all the Coaches that will be available you pull Holmgren?

I too want Zorn to do well, but what if he doesnt?? Who would you want???

I would definetly go with Holmgren and Ill tell you why. The transistion would be seemless. If its not going to be Holmgren I prey to the football gods that it is someone that is going to run the West Coast Offense. I dont want to see some sort of different offense that we have to learn all over for a lonnngggg time.

We all know who will be coaching under the skins next year if zorn does not work. I will give you a hint, it will be the biggest contract for a coach ever and this guys said he was only taking a couple years off...

Does it rhym with Spike Manahan?

Not to discredit the validity of Florio, (insert own big ass laughing face here), but I'd give Mike Holmgren far more credit than to start openly putting his name forward for a job that's both not up for grabs, and one presently occupied by one of his former assistants.

Coach Holmgren has always struck me as somebody with way more integrity than that.

Hail.

I see what you mean, but when Snyder is the owner, NOBODY's job is locked down 100% safe. Remember Marty?

Can someone please explain why they think Holmgren and Zorn have some sort of special relationship outside of former HC of Seattle and former QB coach of Seattle? If anything from reading quotes and interviews of Holmgren I would say their relationship was entirely professional and certainly not nearly as close as Holmgren and any of his many GB QB coaches.

I'm not saying he's so unprofessional as to gun for Zorn's job while the seat is still occupied, but this "relationship" every one speaks is a mystery to me.

Holmgren is a good coach, he is an awful personnel evaluator in re the draft and free agency. No doubt he would want a deal similar to Marty's where he came in and had operational control.

If the Redskins nose dive in 2009 Snyder may feel he has no choice other than to hire a name coach for 2010 and move on from the Vinny experiment.

That may be a good thing, but only if it results in a true GM hiring a true coach.

Parcells is really the only HC in this era that has been effective as the chief personnel executive as well.

George Allen handled both jobs with the Redskins and was successful getting the team to the postseason with regularity in the 1970's.

But in most cases, HCs that try and take on the GM role fail miserably, as Holmgren did in Seattle his first couple of years there.

Archived