Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Mike Florio: Holmgren wants the Redskins job

kmast000

Pick ONLY TWO tv characters as the best on the list.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Pick ONLY TWO tv characters as the best on the list.

• George Costanza (Seinfeld)
    • Al Bundy (Married With Children)
    • Stewie (Family Guy)
    • Fred Flintstone (The Flinstones)
    • Urkel (Family Matters)

I really hope we give Zorn a few years to try and turn this team around. I always feel like it takes 3 years in the NFL to really implement a system and bring in your players. Firing a coach that is showing signs of improvement before 3 years is pretty unreasonable (key being showing signs of improvement).

Not to discredit the validity of Florio, (insert own big ass laughing face here), but I'd give Mike Holmgren far more credit than to start openly putting his name forward for a job that's both not up for grabs, and one presently occupied by one of his former assistants.

Coach Holmgren has always struck me as somebody with way more integrity than that.

Hail.

Not to discredit the validity of Florio, (insert own big ass laughing face here), but I'd give Mike Holmgren far more credit than to start openly putting his name forward for a both that's not up for grabs, and one presently occupied by one of his former assistants.

Coach Holmgren has always struck me as somebody with way more integrity than that.

Hail.

I agree with this. Just doesn't seem like that would be the case. Who would he have said this too out loud to? My gut says that it is just Florio making up scenarios...

Considering the history between Zorn and Holmgren I'm suprised that he would throw his name out there, publicly, at this point. Probably would be the best candidate in terms of a transition if Zorn blows it this season. I still might prefer Shanahan.

I'm sure what he was asked is, "If the Washington job was open, would you be interested in it?" Course, I'm sure he'd be interested in a lot of places if they had a job opening.

I'd want Holmgren to be the GM than the coach.

I don't want Holmgren to begin with, but I definitely would have it the other way around. The Seahawks almost fired his @ss if he didn't give up his GM duties and that's actually when the Seahawks got better.

Holmgren isn't very good, and don't spew a bunch of stats either.

I don't have a strong opinion on this one way or another but in this post you are basically saying he isn't good becuase you say so. Wonder what the thoughts are behind it.

For me, Holmgren clearly has a fairly consistent record of success as to whether he's the right fit here, I don't know. In debates over Zorn, people tend to refer to Zorn's playbook -- I always think what is Zorn's playbook considering he didn't call NFL plays previously -- is it stuff he came up with in this offseason or is it stuff he took from Holmgren?

Having said that it would strike me odd that in a way Holmgren would want to replace his protege or if he was interested why would he articulate it -- it would seem classless and Holmgren doesn't have the rep for being classless. So to me this whole thing is dubious.

Archived