Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else dissagree with the Titans QB decision?

Skins_Win_Again

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am personally of the opinion that the one who played best should have the job. Clearly, that was Collins. Say what you will about Young and gameplanning, but if you play better than the next guy, you should get the job. If Young wants to get better and beat out Collins, thats fine, but until he does, I vote for the guy who does a better job.

The Titans are as ignorant as they are arrogant thinking they are going to win the Super Bowl with an over-the-hill game manager.

It has been done ONE TIME (Trent Dilfer). The Titans are not close to the 2000 Ravens' defense, sorry.

If they didn't think that Vince Young was the answer then they should've drafted a quarterback this year or traded for one (Jay Cutler, anyone?).

Please don't state Kurt Warner almost did it last year, he is the MAJOR EXCEPTION for older quarterbacks.

Tampa won with Brad Johnson and I'd call him more a game manager at that point in his career.

But I do agree with your overall point, the Titans really should be looking to upgrade that position. Collins was a nice alternative to have on the bench after Young failed. But I don't think I agree with the decision to commit to him as a fulltime starter.

Tampa won with Brad Johnson and I'd call him more a game manager at that point in his career.

But I do agree with your overall point, the Titans really should be looking to upgrade that position. Collins was a nice alternative to have on the bench after Young failed. But I don't think I agree with the decision to commit to him as a fulltime starter.

Unfortunately, they are somewhat bound to Young because of how high he was picked. I'm sure they want to see him mature.

Don't people rememeber about how he broke down, and the rumors of suicide. The kid needs to take a seat and show some humility and maturity. The best option they have is Collins. Young will get his chance.

Unfortunately, they are somewhat bound to Young because of how high he was picked. I'm sure they want to see him mature.

Does anyone have examples of a QB that had as bad mechanics as Young does, fixing them and becoming a successful NFL quarterback? Especially looking for one who was picked that high.

Vince Young is on the verge of being a bust. The only reason he's still on the team was because where he was drafted and the fact their dumb owner wants him on the team.

QFT!!!

btw cant stop watching ur sig :laugh:

Patrick Ramsey is the best QB on that team.

:hysterical:

Is that where he is holding clipboard these days?

If I was a titans fan I'd feel about the same as I do about Campbell: tons of athletic potential, but maybe not the brain to play NFL QB at a high level.

...with him at quarterback opposing teams would have to spend a part of their practice time preparing for his scrambling abilities as well.

actually, that's all teams have to prepare for. have you actually watched VY pass the football in the pros? it saddens me that someone actually wasted $30 million on a player that throws like my sister. he's a bust tried and true. Collins is their QB of last resort, and considering what little Collins brings to the table at his age, it makes VY's career even more a joke

This exerpt from Rotoworld...

Vince Young revealed that he briefly considered quitting football after last season's opening game against the Jaguars.

"I was to the point where man, I didn't really want to play no more because of the fact that I was that hurt," Young said. "I was that hurt from the boos and all the different things that were going on. It was just so much for me — I didn't want to play no more." Young went on to say he wasn't thinking of retiring at the time, but perhaps giving up for the 2008 season.

Is that who you want QBing for your team?

After seeing his interview on ESPN this morning, I'm convinced that Vince Young will be out of the league in a few years. This is NOT the type of guy you want leading your team. He's got issues, and seems to be in denial about his mental state. He probably has people in his ear telling him that he's "fine" when in actuality that's the furthest from the truth. He needs help.

Vince Young has the aestheticism edge but Collins has the mental part of the game down. He made smart decisions that helped the team win. Young hasn't done this since coming into the league. Yeah, he has made big plays that won the game for the Titans but he doesn't manage the game like Collins did last year.

Collins deserves to be the starter.

the what edge?

Kerry Collins isn't a good quarterback, so I don't think he deserves to have the security of being named the starter.

He doesn't have to be an amazing QB, that's not what the Titans are asking him to do. They're asking him to limit mistakes and make big plays with his arm when he has to, which is something he is very capable of doing.

He doesn't have to be an amazing QB, that's not what the Titans are asking him to do. They're asking him to limit mistakes and make big plays with his arm when he has to, which is something he is very capable of doing.

Steve, Rico will never be a starting caliber QB in this league for 3 reasons:

1. His mechanics are horrible. He throws with his elbow low, raises his shoulder and lofts INT's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/careerstats?id=YOU617196

He's a career 57.3% comp rating, 15 INT's per year avg as a starter, 10 more INT's than TD's and a career QB rating of 68.8. That is hideous.

2. He can't read defenses. When his first read isn't open, he either forces it (most likely for a INT or incomplete pass) or more often than not runs.

3. He isn't mentally tough. He showed it this year when he went MIA after he was injured and replaced by Collins.

#1 or #2 separately could be worked on and possibly overcome to make him a decent game managing QB. He has both against him. Add #3 and you have a turd.

After seeing his interview on ESPN this morning, I'm convinced that Vince Young will be out of the league in a few years. This is NOT the type of guy you want leading your team. He's got issues, and seems to be in denial about his mental state. He probably has people in his ear telling him that he's "fine" when in actuality that's the furthest from the truth. He needs help.

Peter King's take.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/06/14/books/3.html

>>>1. I think the more Tennessee's Vince Young opens his mouth, the more I'd be scared witless if he was the quarterback of the future of my football team. "I didn't want to play no more,'' Young said -- and he meant forever -- Sunday on ESPN, referring to his dark period early last season when the Titans were worried he might harm himself when his football career was headed south.

That's not the first time I've heard Young talk about not wanting to play football anymore. When he missed the plane to Philadelphia as a rookie and got disciplined by coach Jeff Fisher, he went into a funk and had to be talked into even playing in the game against the Eagles. Dude: You're a professional football player. There are ups. There are downs. Face them. Take them.<<<

This guy a mental head case and should be kicked out of the league now.

Archived