Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else dissagree with the Titans QB decision?

Skins_Win_Again

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Peter King's take.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/06/14/books/3.html

>>>1. I think the more Tennessee's Vince Young opens his mouth, the more I'd be scared witless if he was the quarterback of the future of my football team. "I didn't want to play no more,'' Young said -- and he meant forever -- Sunday on ESPN, referring to his dark period early last season when the Titans were worried he might harm himself when his football career was headed south.

That's not the first time I've heard Young talk about not wanting to play football anymore. When he missed the plane to Philadelphia as a rookie and got disciplined by coach Jeff Fisher, he went into a funk and had to be talked into even playing in the game against the Eagles. Dude: You're a professional football player. There are ups. There are downs. Face them. Take them.<<<

This guy a mental head case and should be kicked out of the league now.

Jeez, I didn't know this problem existed as a rookie too, not wanting to play and getting strange and moody...aren't there very indepth interviews with players by scouts that should maybe catch some of this?? Especially with a draft pick this high, you'd think there would have been some evidence of his bat-****-insane antics....

Collins is a straight insurance policy and should be used as such. Vince is younger, stronger and should be starting. I don't understand why this is even a debate.

Probably because they went 13-3 and got to the divisional playoffs under Collins and struggled with mediocrity under Young.

IMO, they need to start looking for the future QB of that team. Collins is too old to last many more seasons and it's looking like Vince Young doesn't have what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL.

I have to be honest when i hear about the titans QB situation i can't help but think that Vince young should be the starter.

The Titans are a team which relies heavily on their big offensive line laying the blocks for their two star runningbacks Johnson and White. I feel like Vince young would be a better help to their offense because with him at quarterback opposing teams would have to spend a part of their practice time preparing for his scrambling abilities as well. Now to be honest, he has a good arm but his passing abilities arent known to be average. But with a heavy run game teams will be looking more for runs and a play actions or simple pass could be easy for an average passer. Plus when you add on the fact that he's the most elusive quarterback in the NFL, teams will be overwhelmed.

Nope. First, it's really pretty easy to stop a running team when they cant throw. Vince Young cant throw, he is a well below average passer, which is why a guy like Collins could beat him out. Drop 8-9 guys in the box, and it's all over. I see guys talking about how "dynamic" QB's like Vick and Young are. They arent, they are one trick ponies whos trick doesnt do much in the NFL. Steve Young was "dynamic", because he was a threat to run, but could kill you through the air. Do not confuse one "Young" for the other.

As for collins, I personally feel he is overstepping himself and that Jeff Fisher is a moron. As a run heavy team, the passing game should be a lot more succesful. Collins produced horrible numbers. He threw for 600 less yards then campbell, less touchdowns, and more pics. He produced these numbers with an amazing run game helping him and a sturdy offensive line. Thats awfull.

But better than Vince did.

Collins stated that he felt he deserved to be the starter and that he would leave if he wasnt named the starter. That seems a tad bit arrogant. His team played exceptionally well and that is the only reason why they did good. Jeff fisher is too blind to see that mabye Vince young and Kerry collins should have an open competition to see who would be better. As opposed to making the decision that Kerry is the starter before practice evens started.

Personally they should have an open competition. Neither have set the world on fire, but Collins should be able to beat out Young rather easily. But then again, Collins did take the team to the best record they have had in years. And Vince doesnt look like he has done much to improve his stock with the team. So maybe it was the right decision to name Collins the starter, for this year. Kerry is getting very long in the tooth though, and they need to start looking for a starter at QB very soon.

In terms of what's best for the progression of the franchise, I think Young should be the starter, but it's difficult to argue with how the team was built last year.

Collins did what he was supposed to do- he managed the games well and let the defense and running game win it.

Vince brings a new dynamic for the offense, that's for sure, but he's also proven that that head on his shoulders is less than trustworthy.

I have to be honest when i hear about the titans QB situation i can't help but think that Vince young should be the starter.

As for collins, I personally feel he is overstepping himself and that Jeff Fisher is a moron.

This is just my opinion how do you all feel?

If you believe Vince Young should be the starter, I would be very careful when calling someone a moron, ESPECIALLY considering the person in question flushed more football knowledge down the toilet this morning than you will amass in a lifetime...

Young does not have what it takes. He was good in college and rode a wave of hype that put forth the notion that raw athleticism is more than enough to be a good QB in the NFL. It is not...

Collins is a straight insurance policy and should be used as such. Vince is younger, stronger and should be starting. I don't understand why this is even a debate.

Young.

Sucks.

What part of this do you fail to understand?

Hell, the mentally scarred Patrick frekin Ramsey (thanks Spurrier) may beat him out for the #2 QB spot.

Archived