Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else dissagree with the Titans QB decision?

Skins_Win_Again

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have to be honest when i hear about the titans QB situation i can't help but think that Vince young should be the starter.

The Titans are a team which relies heavily on their big offensive line laying the blocks for their two star runningbacks Johnson and White. I feel like Vince young would be a better help to their offense because with him at quarterback opposing teams would have to spend a part of their practice time preparing for his scrambling abilities as well. Now to be honest, he has a good arm but his passing abilities arent known to be average. But with a heavy run game teams will be looking more for runs and a play actions or simple pass could be easy for an average passer. Plus when you add on the fact that he's the most elusive quarterback in the NFL, teams will be overwhelmed.

As for collins, I personally feel he is overstepping himself and that Jeff Fisher is a moron. As a run heavy team, the passing game should be a lot more succesful. Collins produced horrible numbers. He threw for 600 less yards then campbell, less touchdowns, and more pics. He produced these numbers with an amazing run game helping him and a sturdy offensive line. Thats awfull.

Collins stated that he felt he deserved to be the starter and that he would leave if he wasnt named the starter. That seems a tad bit arrogant. His team played exceptionally well and that is the only reason why they did good. Jeff fisher is too blind to see that mabye Vince young and Kerry collins should have an open competition to see who would be better. As opposed to making the decision that Kerry is the starter before practice evens started.

This is just my opinion how do you all feel?

Collins was a game manager in every sense of the word, and that's what they needed.

They counted on Collins to make the play when he needed to and be smart with the ball.

Vince Young's emotional stability is too questionable to count on in pressure situations and isn't accurate or smart enough with the ball to manage the game.

Collins should be the guy.

Vince Young has the aestheticism edge but Collins has the mental part of the game down. He made smart decisions that helped the team win. Young hasn't done this since coming into the league. Yeah, he has made big plays that won the game for the Titans but he doesn't manage the game like Collins did last year.

Collins deserves to be the starter.

last season was all I needed to see to know that Vince Young is not what the Titans need. I'm not saying Collins is their "future," because he's too old. I'm just saying Collins should be under center until they find their future.

Vince Young, as an NFL QB, is putrid. Incredible athlete who benefited from beating USC in the BCS game, but can not play football at the NFL level consistently. Not yet. Maybe in the future, but I doubt it.

Yeah thats what im saying. Thats why i think we need open competition. BEcause i think vince young isnt the best quarterback now but with some work he might be better. I think if he's given the chance to compete for a starting role he'd work harder.

it doesnt matter how athletic your qb is and how much he can run, if he commits suicide due to mental instability in the middle of the season...

kerry collins shud start, but VY is the future. he just needs work, and the decisions shud be based on performance.

last season was all I needed to see to know that Vince Young is not what the Titans need. I'm not saying Collins is their "future," because he's too old. I'm just saying Collins should be under center until they find their future.

Me too. I'd have stuck with Collins, and realizing that Young is not the future, start looking for someone who is.

The Titans are as ignorant as they are arrogant thinking they are going to win the Super Bowl with an over-the-hill game manager.

It has been done ONE TIME (Trent Dilfer). The Titans are not close to the 2000 Ravens' defense, sorry.

If they didn't think that Vince Young was the answer then they should've drafted a quarterback this year or traded for one (Jay Cutler, anyone?).

Please don't state Kurt Warner almost did it last year, he is the MAJOR EXCEPTION for older quarterbacks.

The Titans are as ignorant as they are arrogant thinking they are going to win the Super Bowl with an over-the-hill game manager.

It has been done ONE TIME (Trent Dilfer). The Titans are not close to the 2000 Ravens' defense, sorry.

If they didn't think that Vince Young was the answer then they should've drafted a quarterback this year or traded for one (Jay Cutler, anyone?).

Please don't state Kurt Warner almost did it last year, he is the MAJOR EXCEPTION for older quarterbacks.

Kurt Warner...game manager?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You're kidding, right?

The Titans went 13-3 with Collins and almost made it to the AFC championship. I'd be real comfortable with Collins if I were them.

I never was a huge Vince Young fan. He has the speed and mobility like a McNabb, without the poise and pocket presence. He doesn't make good decisions and hasn't showed good accuracy.

He should have sat and learned to begin with. IMO, Collins gives them the best chance to win right now. And when you have such a young QB already having a nervous breakdown or whatever you want to call it, you have to be cautious.

I never was a huge Vince Young fan. He has the speed and mobility like a McNabb, without the poise and pocket presence. He doesn't make good decisions and hasn't showed good accuracy.

He should have sat and learned to begin with. IMO, Collins gives them the best chance to win right now. And when you have such a young QB already having a nervous breakdown or whatever you want to call it, you have to be cautious.

I agree 100%. I think that giving him a fair chance to start would benefit him becoming better IMO. regardless of Vince however, collins is not good. Everyone calls him "a game manager" but he didnt perform well and that was with a good team.:chair:

The titans really need to get a new quarter back in either vince young or someone else. More likely someone else IMO.

I think I would rather have Chris Simms start over both of them, but they let him go to the broncos. Vince Young has the athletic ability but is missing the heart, brains, and I am assuming attitude (or practice habits as well). Young was the third QB for much of last season, they didn't even have him as the #2 or use him in subpackages (wildcat, option plays, QB draws etc...). Young needs to turn things around fast and soon. Kerry Collins is trying to be a game manager but honestly a guy like Campbell would do better at it than him. Scoring 12 TDs over 16 games and throwing for less than 3000 yards imo is even less than a game manager. Its almost like the passing game was no threat at all. I guess I would let them compete obviously, and Collins would easily beat Young out, probably again crushing Young's apparently fragile psyche.

Archived