Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you do or say when someone comes up to you and SAY,"REDSKINS SUCKS?

WARPATH85

C'mon, you have to at least try an take up for your team. Cowgirl fans can't really say anything to us. Really, there aren't too many teams out there that you can't come up with some lil nugget.

I only use your approach if its a Steeler, Giant or Patriots fan. Not really much you can say to them.

Don't back down, ask them how long they've been a fan of that team (particularly Steelers and Pats) most of the time you'll find that they're just fair-weather fans and you can just start talking football and humiliate them by revealing their ignorance.

I usually drive a palm-heel to the face and ask them to rephrase...

Seriously, I live behind enemy lines so it just kind of comes with the territory. It's usually good natured since all my friends are Gnats fans. Those I don't know I just wave and don't say anything because that usually pisses them off more. :D

Don't back down, ask them how long they've been a fan of that team (particularly Steelers and Pats) most of the time you'll find that they're just fair-weather fans and you can just start talking football and humiliate them by revealing their ignorance.

There are alot of Steeler fans where I work. I can easily weed out the diehards from the wagoners. So, no problems there. And yeah, once I find out they're not a real fan, I embarrass them something awful. Dude, I know all the tricks. :evilg:

Imagine this. If someone had a kid around the time the Cowgirls last won a playoff game, that kid would be about to enter high school.

Rofl that's great! I hadn't thought of that. XD

There are alot of Steeler fans where I work. I can easily weed out the diehards from the wagoners. So, no problems there. And yeah, once I find out they're not a real fan, I embarrass them something awful. Dude, I know all the tricks. :evilg:

Lol what are your favorite tricks?

Rofl that's great! I hadn't thought of that. XD

Lol what are your favorite tricks?

Well, it was just a figure of speech. But I'll give you a good example:

I work with Panther fans. They have to have the dumbest fanbase in the NFL. Anyway, somehow, these clowns think they can talk trash to me. Why, I have no idea.

But last year, after they pasted us in that preseason game, I actually had a few of them that talked trash to me. I go, "Really, you're bragging about a preseason win?"... "Care to take a guess what your record is against us in games that actually MATTER?!"... Them (in a confused look): "No, what is it?"...Me: "we're 6-1 against you clowns in the regular season" :laugh:...At that point they usually walk away defeated. But if not, I'll throw in the ole "get back to me when you actually win something"...:evilg:...I like using this one, because their owner boasted that his franchise would have a SB title in their first 10 years. Oops!

Edit: I have seen where we're 7-1 against them. But I use 6-1, because I think that's what our websire lists.

Well, it was just a figure of speech. But I'll give you a good example:

I work with Panther fans. They have to have the dumbest fanbase in the NFL. Anyway, somehow, these clowns think they can talk trash to me. Why, I have no idea.

But last year, after they pasted us in that preseason game, I actually had a few of them that talked trash to me. I go, "Really, you're bragging about a preseason win?"... "Care to take a guess what your record is against us in games that actually MATTER?!"... Them (in a confused look): "No, what is it?"...Me: "we're 6-1 against you clowns in the regular season" :laugh:...At that point they usually walk away defeated. But if not, I'll throw in the ole "get back to me when you actually win something"...:evilg:...I like using this one, because their owner boasted that his franchise would have a SB title in their first 10 years. Oops!

Edit: I have seen where we're 7-1 against them. But I use 6-1, because I think that's what our websire lists.

LOL nice. I think that if anyone tried to talk to me about a pre-season win, I'd just say "Well Detroit was 4-0 in the preseason, look where that got them."

I am a bit surprised that Panthers fans would try to insult anyone, I mean what have they really done?

LOL nice. I think that if anyone tried to talk to me about a pre-season win, I'd just say "Well Detroit was 4-0 in the preseason, look where that got them."

I am a bit surprised that Panthers fans would try to insult anyone, I mean what have they really done?

What have they done? NOTHING. That's what makes it so fun to clown them when they come at me with their weak smack.

But of course, another fav of theirs is to say they've gotten further than us, lately. :laugh:...With which I respond: "Well you can definitely tell the differences in the two franchises. Because when you've actually won (SBs) something before, no less than winning the SB really matters."

Edit: The Lions thing is pretty good, if they did indeed go 4-0. Nice. <puts in smack files>

What have they done? NOTHING. That's what makes it so fun to clown them when they come at me with their weak smack.

But of course, another fav of theirs is to say they've gotten further than us, lately. :laugh:...With which I respond: "Well you can definitely tell the differences in the two franchises. Because when you've actually won (SBs) something before, no less than winning the SB really matters."

Edit: The Lions thing is pretty good, if they did indeed go 4-0. Nice. <puts in smack files>

The Lions were undefeated in the pre-season; they beat the Giants, Bengals, Browns, and Bills.

Edit: The Panthers fans should pretty much put bags over their heads after that Cardinals game.

C'mon, you have to at least try an take up for your team. Cowgirl fans can't really say anything to us. Really, there aren't too many teams out there that you can't come up with some lil nugget.

I only use your approach if its a Steeler, Giant or Patriots fan. Not really much you can say to them.

Oh you can say anything to someone about their team, even the ones you mentioned (although it'd be pretty futile) but what's the point?

You know, years ago that would have resulted in an instant brawl. However, I think that I now have matured to the point where I can honestly say that I probably wouldn't hit them in the mouth. Rather in a mature and thoughtful manner I'd just pull out my .357 and shoot them in the gonads. Someone like that really doesn't need to procreate, and I feel that it would do the gene pool a favor to rid it of their offerings.

I usually say....Yea ok blah blah blah...but during the season win, lose or draw I start to put redskins helmet stickers all over there doors, desk, windows and yes if we beat the team they support...a trash can full of articles about the win in their car.

People don't have the nerve - or have the good common sense not to put down the Redskins in my presence...

Bwahahahaha!

Lucky I live where just about everyone wants to see the Skins have a great year, eh?

But even our die-hard 49er fans and Bronco fans are normally not Skins-haters so we're all good.

People don't have the nerve - or have the good common sense not to put down the Redskins in my presence...

Bwahahahaha!

Lucky I live where just about everyone wants to see the Skins have a great year, eh?

But even our die-hard 49er fans and Bronco fans are normally not Skins-haters so we're all good.

I would never have guessed that Hawaii had a large Skins fan base. Is it entirely because of the one player or has it been like for a long time?

I would never have guessed that Hawaii had a large Skins fan base. Is it entirely because of the one player or has it been like for a long time?

IMHO (contrary to popular perception I don't speak for or represent the state of Hawaii) :D

Hawaii has no Pro team so University of Hawaii is supported like other fans might follow a pro team.

Colt Brennan gave us an outstanding season his junior year and sealed his place in our hearts when he sacrificed a likely good NFL draft position and opted to return to our team for his senior year. That year, in spite of many personal injuries that reduced his performance and lowered his personal health and draft status, he and his teammates gave Hawaii a perfect regular season and a division championship.

And a Sugar Bowl.

30K Hawaii fans trekked to NOLA to support Colt and his team. I was one of them. It was a fantastic experience. But we saw Colt take the beating of his life as the UGA game plan was focused on one thing "take out Colt Brennan" and show the world we should have been in the championship game.

Afterwards, it became obvious that the change in spirit on the team was the leaked knowledge that their coach was leaving and, well, whatever left them without the tools to understand and deal with the power of UGA.

Then Colt played through his injuries and auditioned for the draft. When he got picked up, the Redskins became a target on my radar. I feel that the kid has "paid it forward" for all the right reasons and Coach Zorn, being a QB guy, would be a great fit (even though it looked like a SF match for Colt earlier). I feel that Colt will learn and step into a WCO scheme when his number is called.

In the meantime, I have met and learned about the team from veteran season ticket holders, and online blogs, got over the Native American correctness of the team name, purchased my jerseys, got a Chief Zee autograph, an autographed Redskins football, show up at sports bars (I do not drink and have never frequented bars) to scream for the Redskins, fly the Redskins flag on my car, show up to my first ProBowl wearing my Cooley jersey and tease Eagle and Cowboys fans.

Yes. One player opened the door that brought me here to join the long-time burgundy and gold Hawaii fans. But I am a Redskins fan now and I think there might be a few more from Hawaii too. ;)

:point2sky

Archived