Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you do or say when someone comes up to you and SAY,"REDSKINS SUCKS?

WARPATH85

IMHO (contrary to popular perception I don't speak for or represent the state of Hawaii) :D

Hawaii has no Pro team so University of Hawaii is supported like other fans might follow a pro team.

Colt Brennan gave us an outstanding season his junior year and sealed his place in our hearts when he sacrificed a likely good NFL draft position and opted to return to our team for his senior year. That year, in spite of many personal injuries that reduced his performance and lowered his personal health and draft status, he and his teammates gave Hawaii a perfect regular season and a division championship.

And a Sugar Bowl.

30K Hawaii fans trekked to NOLA to support Colt and his team. I was one of them. It was a fantastic experience. But we saw Colt take the beating of his life as the UGA game plan was focused on one thing "take out Colt Brennan" and show the world we should have been in the championship game.

Afterwards, it became obvious that the change in spirit on the team was the leaked knowledge that their coach was leaving and, well, whatever left them without the tools to understand and deal with the power of UGA.

Then Colt played through his injuries and auditioned for the draft. When he got picked up, the Redskins became a target on my radar. I feel that the kid has "paid it forward" for all the right reasons and Coach Zorn, being a QB guy, would be a great fit (even though it looked like a SF match for Colt earlier). I feel that Colt will learn and step into a WCO scheme when his number is called.

In the meantime, I have met and learned about the team from veteran season ticket holders, and online blogs, got over the Native American correctness of the team name, purchased my jerseys, got a Chief Zee autograph, an autographed Redskins football, show up at sports bars (I do not drink and have never frequented bars) to scream for the Redskins, fly the Redskins flag on my car, show up to my first ProBowl wearing my Cooley jersey and tease Eagle and Cowboys fans.

Yes. One player opened the door that brought me here to join the long-time burgundy and gold Hawaii fans. But I am a Redskins fan now and I think there might be a few more from Hawaii too. ;)

:point2sky

Aww that is cute. :D

I wish that I had a cool story about how I started supporting my team. I don't though; I was just like "Hey they're wearing purple, I like it. And that one guy, his surname is the same as mine."

I would never have thought that one player, one college player no less (not knocking on college, I just don't watch it and there I am ignorant) could be that inspiring to an entire state.

Aww that is cute. :D

I wish that I had a cool story about how I started supporting my team. I don't though; I was just like "Hey they're wearing purple, I like it. And that one guy, his surname is the same as mine."

I would never have thought that one player, one college player no less (not knocking on college, I just don't watch it and there I am ignorant) could be that inspiring to an entire state.

No offense, but you rooting for a team because their uniforms are purple :puke: is just as bad as chastizing him for rooting for a team for one college guy he liked. Purple? Girly colors. :laugh:

No offense, but you rooting for a team because their uniforms are purple :puke: is just as bad as chastizing him for rooting for a team for one college guy he liked. Purple? Girly colors. :laugh:

I'm not "chastizing" anyone. I really think that's a cool story. I realize my story is lame and I said as much.

What's wrong with my supporting a team because I like their uniforms? It was my initial reason, but now I am as die-hard a Ravens fan as any other.

The "Aww that's cute" is just what I say sometimes; it wasn't sarcasm or anything.

I'm not "chastizing" anyone. I really think that's a cool story. I realize my story is lame and I said as much.

What's wrong with my supporting a team because I like their uniforms? It was my initial reason, but now I am as die-hard a Ravens fan as any other.

The "Aww that's cute" is just what I say sometimes; it wasn't sarcasm or anything.

I didn't take your comments as anything but nice. No worry.

Colt's story is pretty amazing and you can see some of it if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfTvfNPkcQ&NR=1

and more link from there.

HTTR! :point2sky

I didn't take your comments as anything but nice. No worry.

Colt's story is pretty amazing and you can see some of it if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfTvfNPkcQ&NR=1

and more link from there.

HTTR! :point2sky

Wow. I'm impressed; I can totally see why he has such a huge fanbase.

Thanks for showing me those vids, now I know what all the fuss is about.

Now I'm not saying I'm officially a cult member (I'm too occupied by my team's qb situation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrAfRaFm0xU), but Brennan is intriguing.

;) By the way, I'm glad you got what I was saying the first time.

I live in Illinois, so if I hear this, 95% of the time it's from a Bears fan; in this case, I cannot bring myself to seek reprisals. Chicago's past quarterback predicaments have made them such an endearing team to me, inspiring sympathy that I normally reserve for baby rabbits. Now that they have Cutler, this may change, and I may need to get my ****punch technique refined to perfection.

If fandom comes with geography, I should have been a Packers fan for life. But I actually started watching football when Tarkington was QB for the Giants and I liked them. My real hero was Joe Montana, though. But for me there wasn't much besides the 49ers. I didn't really follow him much after he left.

Today it is the Redskins all the way.

I really think Jason will have a breakout year and the dee is going to be awesome. So if anyone should get rowdy on my 'Skins, I will wave my Redskins flag, point to my Prius and let them know I get better gas mileage than they do!

Bwahahaha!

HTTR!

Oh you can say anything to someone about their team, even the ones you mentioned (although it'd be pretty futile) but what's the point?

Agreed.

I usually just say...

"Ok?"

And walk away.

Seriously.

Am I supposed to take a white glove from my pocket and strike the naive across the cheek with it declaring my intentions for a duel?

:rotflmao: Perfect.

:rubeyes:

little yellow school bus - Tyron Biggums

scott tennerman- Rhodus333

waterboard- Bayunco

punches in the gut - HighonHendrix

vinnie fails at life - BAFGA

your mom goes to college - Rhodus333

quit being childish - Mustang Steve

violence - HighonHendrix

Archived