Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Ghosts Dont Exist"

Da Champ

So apparently this fictional movie has just been made about ghost hunters locally in the DC-area. As I am reading this I stumble across the Executive Producer: Chris Cooley.

Yep apparently it is THE chris cooley we all know and love. Furthermore they filmed in his home somewhat and had a wrap party there. Awesome. Sorry if i missed this but here is the link:

http://ghostsdontexist.19thandwilson.com/index.html

There was something in the stadium about this sometime...I wanna say during the season but I dunno, I think Tanner Cooley wrote it or directed it and there was info up on the blog...I remember they were asking for somebody to donate a cop car that they could use for filming a scene.

pretty cool that hes involved with a project like that.

as to the literal thread title - i dont know if i do or not. but my dad is one of the smartest people i know. very scientific, not spiritual or anything at all, and he says he saw his neighbor walk from the bus stop (with ambulances and cops tending to an accident at the bus stop) ,right past him and into her house when he was 13 years old- just a few minutes after she was hit and killed by a bus there.

spooky, if you know my dad.

No, they don't. Sorry, I don't have the time to cover it now but if you just think a little bit about the subject, you'll see why it's absurd.

If you have ever had any kind of supernatural experience, you would disagree. Does it matter either way whether they do or dont honestly?

Ghosts, or what we know to be ghosts, most definatley exist.

Some of you remember back when I was giving "ghost hunts" at the West Virginia Penitentary. Me and a few friends were basically free-lance paranormal investigators who fell in to working with the Moundsville Prison people into giving the ghost hunts every few weeks during the fall.

I did one final hunt in 2006 before I got married, and let me tell you...if ghosts dont exist, something surely does. You can search the posts here and read my story about my best friend getting scratched badly by something or someone at the prison....

If ghosts exist then the laws of physics and nature have been turned upside down.

You know my long lost friend... At one point in history they claimed the earth was flat...New understandings over time have always revolutionized theories that were "absolute" ...

For the science buffs out there here is an interesting spin on the subject... Say you are somewhere and you happen to see a ghost or something that isnt completely manifested... Our vision is based off of how our brain reads the signals of energy that our eyes receive...

Think about it...

Energy can neither be created or destroyed so if there are ghosts that are in the form of energy when we "see" them maybe we arent seeing a specific location where they are.... Maybe the energy of the ghost is manifesting itself in our field of vision as its energy passes through us...

Just an idea...

-J

You know my long lost friend... At one point in history they claimed the earth was flat...New understandings over time have always revolutionized theories that were "absolute" ...

For the science buffs out there here is an interesting spin on the subject... Say you are somewhere and you happen to see a ghost or something that isnt completely manifested... Our vision is based off of how our brain reads the signals of energy that our eyes receive...

Think about it...

Energy can neither be created or destroyed so if there are ghosts that are in the form of energy when we "see" then maybe we arent seeing a specific location where they are.... Maybe the energy of the ghost is manifesting itself in our field of vision as its energy passes through us...

Just an idea...

-J

Yea, man. I miss those days when we banged out chicks that worked in Gadzooks and Rave. haha I'm actually still working for the Skins.

But back to the subject at hand, I think visions of ghosts are all in the perception of the individual. So yea, I can understand your thought.

But my question is why so often is that which is unexplainable believed?

But that is a whole other can of worms.

Yea, man. I miss those days when we banged out chicks that worked in Gadzooks and Rave. haha I'm actually still working for the Skins.

But back to the subject at hand, I think visions of ghosts are all in the perception of the individual. So yea, I can understand your thought.

But my question is why so often is that which is unexplainable believed?

But that is a whole other can of worms.

Why can't the unexplainable be believed? eventually, things that are now unexplainable will be explained.

I don't know about Ghost's like apparitions, I know people who claim to have seen them, never have myself though. But I have had an experience of the demonic variety. I've posted it on here before and I don't feel like typing much right now.

Why can't the unexplainable be believed? eventually, things that are now unexplainable will be explained.

How do you know that? If we knew that something was going to be able to be explained, wouldn't we have figured it out already?

I was waiting for you to chime in. :)

As I've told my young friend a few times (mostly in arguments ;) : There's only one Ghost on this board. I don't need to put little brackets next to my name to not be differentiated.

In any case, I'm on lunch so I can effectively answer the substantive arguments advanced against my position. (EDITING because the reply box was all messed up)

1) The guy citing his misunderstanding of conservation of mass and energy is..well, misunderstanding the science. The energy and matter in the dead body are not destroyed. When the body stops functioning, putting aside decomposition by microorganisms, the chemicals/energy in the brain simply dissipate as heat. Remember that heat is where most energy goes, it's a form of radiation that even the semi-efficient process in the Kreb's Cycle cannot full capture. It's like saying that because the energy my body and brain harnessed two years ago is no longer in present use, that it must mean I have a ghost for every day of my life. This is not the case--instead, that energy is converted to 'work' and lost as heat (or in the form of other materials)

2) I don't need to disprove my claim of something not existing. Has anyone heard of the axiom: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence? This leads me to my next point.

3) Anecdotes are not evidence. I may want to believe people I generally trust on a basic level and believe are motivated by honor for the truth but I can't just believe you. because there are just as many anecdotes that go into entirely different and self-contradictory (if one looks at the paranormal as a big whole) directions. What about anecdotes about the goddess Cybele and experience of Jesus, Allah, one of the bodhisattvas, demons, nymphs, etc?

What of anecdotes like mine: even though my family made a promise to each other to appear as ghosts IF WE COULD, I have never seen the ghost of my father.

When I entered Hampton Court in the middle of Ghost Central on Earth (England) I challenged the ghosts to appear or manifest themselves in some fashion. They never did. that is back when I believed they were there.

I went to every major landmark 'haunted' in England. No ghosts.

Also, think of this--why is it so selective a process? I mean, when someone dies, there's a body or component pieces of one in the case of extreme incidents. If there's a spirit that hangs around the planet, why not more common? There should be literally billions of ghost stories--several per person that ever lived!!

Don't give me the "unfinished business" garbage. Lots of people have died too soon, with so much to do, were murdered, betrayed, etc--no ghosts.

Millions died in WW II. There are millions killed in death camps and killing fields---where are the ghost stories? These people died in agonizing fashion and would be motivated by revenge or sadness to haunt the living or walk the Earth. Where are they?

What about Muslims and Jews and their lack of (in comparison) contemporary ghost sightings? It's a cultural thing, no different than an African believing the fingers of some kid will give him magic and attributing every positive thing to that finger or someone surviving an attack and praising God (nevermind all those people that God did not spare.)

Ghosts simply don't make any sense and because many people fool themselves into believing in psychics, ghosts, seances, dowsing, tarot, astrology, etc doesn't make it true.

And there are just as many anecdotes to support that other supernatural quackery as there are to support ghosts.

Archived