Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bottom line reality check for 09

glsjr2277

Our defense will be improved with A.H and Orakpo. How much and to what effect we'll find out. Whether J.C, and the Zorn offense, can score more than the average points they did last year. 16+ points per game, will be the deciding factor for our season. J.C ,Zorn and the Offense will decide their own future. 8 and 8 and their both gone. The powers at be, looked at all the numbers, did their research, and chased Cutler and Sanchez. Not a good sign. We're only going as far as the offense can take us this season. J.C improved in his turnovers, completion %, and his lack of pocket presence last year. Having been banged around all off season with the the organization trying to get rid of him, and being in a critical contract year will only go one of two ways. He'll have a breakout year and secure the francise quarterback position. or he and Zorn will cave. They're both under the gun and know it. Hopefully they both pull out all the stops and just go out and play football. A second year in the system may make the difference. Zorns primary hire was to tudor JC. They'll both have to live with the results.

The powers at be, looked at all the numbers, did their research, and chased Cutler and Sanchez. Not a good sign.

The "powers that be" is one guy and he is an idiot. All that research and number crunching consisted of Snyder reading that Cutler was on the trading block and then getting an erection.

I think this needs at least 5 more posters above or around 3k posts to say something about how this is a non deserving thread, just to get their counts up for the day.

How about 300-ish?? :evilg:

I agree with everyone else. This could have been said in literally almost any other thread. Still, most of what you say is true, about the possibilities for our season.

The key is.. you got to put the football in the endzone to score points...
I didnt know John Madden was surfing around this site in his retirement

"That's exactly how you get in the endzone: you just get in behind the center and guard and keep pushin' and pushin' until you're in there for six points."

Look at that. My post count went up by one. How 'bout that?

I really want a coach to do a pre-game interview with a sideline reporter and when they ask, "Coach, what's your gameplan on how you're gonna beat this team today?" I really just want them to say, "Well, we're gonna go out there and score more points then they are and see what happens" lol

Our defense will be improved with A.H and Orakpo. How much and to what effect we'll find out. Whether J.C, and the Zorn offense, can score more than the average points they did last year. 16+ points per game, will be the deciding factor for our season. J.C ,Zorn and the Offense will decide their own future. 8 and 8 and their both gone. The powers at be, looked at all the numbers, did their research, and chased Cutler and Sanchez. Not a good sign. We're only going as far as the offense can take us this season. J.C improved in his turnovers, completion %, and his lack of pocket presence last year. Having been banged around all off season with the the organization trying to get rid of him, and being in a critical contract year will only go one of two ways. He'll have a breakout year and secure the francise quarterback position. or he and Zorn will cave. They're both under the gun and know it. Hopefully they both pull out all the stops and just go out and play football. A second year in the system may make the difference. Zorns primary hire was to tudor JC. They'll both have to live with the results.

Not bad kid.

I really want a coach to do a pre-game interview with a sideline reporter and when they ask, "Coach, what's your gameplan on how you're gonna beat this team today?" I really just want them to say, "Well, we're gonna go out there and score more points then they are and see what happens" lol

the closest thing to that was Steve Spurrier.

"heck.... um just an ole ball coach. I coached'em up this week and we're gonna go out an pitch it around and see what happins"

Our defense will be improved with A.H and Orakpo.

Anyone remember 2006? Everyone thought our defense would be awesome then too. After all it was the third year under Gregg Williams and the defense was top five and top ten the previous two years. Then 2006 comes along and the Redskins' defense is ranked last in the NFC and 30th overall in the league.

Everyone is counting on the fact that the defense will be great but I wouldn't be so sure. If there is one thing I've learned about the Redskins it's that when everyone thinks something is a pretty sure bet, the Skins find a way to prove everyone wrong. :2cents:

Oh yeah, and this thread sucks. :D

Anyone remember 2006? Everyone thought our defense would be awesome then too. After all it was the third year under Gregg Williams and the defense was top five and top ten the previous two years. Then 2006 comes along and the Redskins' defense is ranked last in the NFC and 30th overall in the league.

Everyone is counting on the fact that the defense will be great but I wouldn't be so sure. If there is one thing I've learned about the Redskins it's that when everyone thinks something is a pretty sure bet, the Skins find a way to prove everyone wrong. :2cents:

I think this defense is going to be the worst in NFL history!!

:D

Here is the success equation for a given game:

If (QB Rating * YPC/2 + JZI - Sacks/CIQ * MWW / TO) * GAJN + RP > OP

Then WIN

If not

Then LOSE

YPC: Yards per Carry

JZI: Jim Zorn's Inseam

CIQ: Carlos Rogers IQ

MMW: Mike Williams Weight

TO: Turn Overs

GAJN: Gilbert Arenas Jersey Number