Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six Flags event for "Premium" Season Ticket Holders...No RESPECT?

Robsk1ns

Good to see that the Redskins are throwing in some perks for the season ticket holders. Oh...wait...it is only for the wine and cheese crowd who pony up for the premium seating...which basically equates to corporations and businesses whom I assume are the majority of the customers who pay for premium seating.

As a die-hard, life-long, Redskins fan and general population non-premium season ticket holder, I feel unappreciated by not having this extended to all season ticket holders. Quite frankly, my feelings are hurt. So I wonder if they do not get a log of RSVPs if they will extend this offer to the run of the mill die-hard fans and loyal season ticket holders who go to the games to cheer on the team and not for business entertainment? Guess that would be like asking your second-choice for your prom date to go to the dance, b/c your first choice already has a date.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Premium_Members_VIP_Six_Flags_Promotion_36588.jsp

First off, extending it to 90,000 people defeats the purpose of having a small private event.

Premium seat holders pay an extremely large amount of money for the seats, so if anyone should get a free perk, it should be them. Similar to the more you gamble and the longer you gamble in Vegas, the more perks you get.

Don't hate on people who have money, because a majority of them worked there butts off to deserve it.

First off, extending it to 90,000 people defeats the purpose of having a small private event..

I can agree with this point. Multiple days could be offered, (maybe an unreasonable thought) but I assume Monday attendence is low for a theme park and your basically only waiving the entrance fee to the park, still a ton of money to be made.

Premium seat holders pay an extremely large amount of money for the seats, so if anyone should get a free perk, it should be them. Similar to the more you gamble and the longer you gamble in Vegas, the more perks you get.

I love vegas!! Yeah it is good that the premium season ticket holders are gettig a return on their investment (um...I mean expense) with an invite to this event...I also feel general season ticket holders should get a similiar return on their investment as well.

Don't hate on people who have money, because a majority of them worked there butts off to deserve it.

I don't have anything against premium seat holders, and yes I understand the virtues of <good catch on our rule about keeping politics out of this fourm, and in order to really be genuine and effective with your mea culpa, you would have had to edit your content accordingly as I am doing now, and which you obviously had the awareness/opportunity to do and chose not to ;)) ...wait... that conversation can be left for another forum, apologies. My point is that on game day, why are 50%+ of the premium seats empty (except for the Dallas game). Because the majority of the premium season ticket holders are not serious fans of the team, and they are purchased for non-personal reasons. Yes...no way to substantiate this opinion...just the way I see it.

First off, extending it to 90,000 people defeats the purpose of having a small private event.

So what about the lifelong season ticket holders? My tickets were once my fathers in Griffith Stadium, then RFK, and are now in my name. My tickets are just general admission at FedEx

Not only that, it is a small event - 4 to a party, and spaces are limited. It's also from 5:30pm-10:00pm, not very long at all. If they have even 5000 premium buyers, x4 people per invite, that'd be 20,000 people right there. Do that for 30,000 GA buyers.

BTW, since Danny is throwing it, your Funnel Cakes will run you $15 and Dippin Dots will be $12.

I also feel general season ticket holders should get a similiar return on their investment as well.

You have the draft party, first right to refusal for playoff games (unfortunately we don't have any, lol), discounts on merchandise, etc.

So what about the lifelong season ticket holders? My tickets were once my fathers in Griffith Stadium, then RFK, and are now in my name. My tickets are just general admission at FedEx

I am sure you are one of very few cases like this.

You def should be invited, but I don't know if they track this information.

I can see it now,

The days that have the old poor ****s sitting in the upper section get to show up on the day AFTER the rich ****s.

Wallowing around in the trash/ciggarette butts/soda cups the rich boys left on the ground and eating the leftover food the rich boys wouldnt eat. :)

Gee one could go on forever with this topic.

I also feel general season ticket holders should get a similiar return on their investment as well.

Given that the only guarantee a GA ticket holder offers the Redskins is for the cost of one seasons tickets or $1000 - $2000 and a premium season ticket holders guarantee is probably on average of $30,000....i think a six flags offer to premium guys is the least they can do.

if you want to pony up 3 to 6 times a year what you pay as a GA ticket holder and guarantee that money for 5, 10 years then you might understand.

I am sure you are one of very few cases like this.

I know there are at least two of us on ES whose accounts go back to Griffith Stadium.

I guess I wouldn't turn down a free night in Six Flags, but I don't feel that it's owed to anyone.

I could see this event being like a 'time share' seminar in which patrons are asked to sit through a 'short' presentation by host Larry Michael before entering the park.

What the unlucky premium patrons don't realize is that no one can leave the presentation to ride the roller coasters until the 300 level is completely sold out. After the first hour, children are screaming and crying. The wives are furious at their husbands for dragging them to Largo in Beltway traffic on a Monday night. Finally hubbie strokes a $10,000 check for an extra pair of clubs just to escape. :hysterical:

Anybody seen that episode of Southpark in Aspen?

I don't know if they track this information.

I was told by an agent that all records of GA tenure were lost after relocation in 1997.

Who knows if that's true, but I can see why GA tenure was no longer relevant once they had thousands of premium seats to push each year.

I'd be surprised if the paper records of who held what in RFK from 1961 ever made the transition to digital format.

I speculate they probably tossed out all of the old seating records when everything went digital sometime in the early 1980s. The seating assignments probably changed very little through the final 15 years at RFK so tenure didn't matter then either. Just what I suspect.

This is pretty much a pointless thread, IMO.

Perks are granted to premium seat holders.

Period.

Mark, my club lease expired at the end of last season. And aside from having the right to buy my seats for other events like concerts, I don't recall anything given away like this over the duration of my contract. Maybe Snyder is seeing the writing on the wall and is doing something to build some goodwill so when it comes time to renew those seats......

Mark, my club lease expired at the end of last season. And aside from having the right to buy my seats for other events like concerts, I don't recall anything given away like this over the duration of my contract. Maybe Snyder is seeing the writing on the wall and is doing something to build some goodwill so when it comes time to renew those seats......
That's fine, and maybe you're right, but that has nothing to do with the OP's post or my post. Just sayin'

OK....Reality Check.:stick:

This is no perk. Danny is marketing Six Flags to folks with money that can ponie up for season tickets to Six Flags. Who do you think has the money to buy season tickets to Six Flags in a down economy.....premium seat ticket holders.

Good to see that the Redskins are throwing in some perks for the season ticket holders. Oh...wait...it is only for the wine and cheese crowd who pony up for the premium seating.

Here we go again. :doh:

Not all people in the Club are in the "Wine and cheese" crowd, dude.

I am one of the most hardcore Redskins fans on ES and in the world, but I sit in the Club.

I spend a hell of a lot of money on my tickets, so getting something in return is nice for a change.

Did you know that the contests that go on during the games are NEVER won by anyone on the Club?

That's because we are excluded from them because you regular season ticket holders "whined" about it years ago, so the Redskins excluded us from the contests.

The wife and I will be there on June 1st and it is about time we get something back after all the 10's of 1000's of dollars we have spent over the years for our Club seats.

yeah my grandfather has had season tix for over 50 years now. i doubt he would go to six flags haha, but at least do something for people like that

I'm a club STH and, like skinsfan, am definitely not a "wine & cheeser". People need to stop lumpin' in all premium seat owners together. Yeah, there are some corporate seats here and there, but at least in my section people are loud and people know whats up. I go to work every monday with no voice and a sore throat. And I'm definitely not rich - I pack lunch every day, don't order out, don't go to movies, and don't take family vacations so I can afford my seats.

Frankly, it's nice to see the team give us back something with all the money we spend. Even if it is just to market the park - it's good to see a "thank you" to premium STHs. I don't know what the perception is, but it isn't like the team is falling over themselves to give us stuff..this isn't a constant thing ya know. This is rare.

For the money that club seat holders shell out, they should expect more of this type of thing. What do they get for the huge price of their tickets that is above and beyond what regular season holders get? Not much that I can see. Access to the climate controlled club mezzanine level. A few more pricey food and beverage selections and a cigar bar. What else for all that extra dough?

So who bregrudges them a special day at 6 Flags? Not me.

For the money that club seat holders shell out, they should expect more of this type of thing. What do they get for the huge price of their tickets that is above and beyond what regular season holders get? Not much that I can see. Access to the climate controlled club mezzanine level. A few more pricey food and beverage selections and a cigar bar. What else for all that extra dough?

I don't either.

I was a Club Seat leaser for the first 5 seasons of JKC and I was of the impression that it really wasn't all that much more of a perk than regular seats.............................until I got a chance to go to a game in 2007 in the upper deck. I still can't say that it's worth all the thousands of dollars more one needs to shell out for Club Seats, but boy oh boy did I miss those club seats and the climate controlled areas that rainy December day back in 07.

To piggyback what some of the current club seat folks have mentioned in this thread, not everyone there are "wine and cheese" folks. Yes they are shelling out a ton of money but at least in my case, I was not wealthy in the least and really I had no business getting those tickets. I couldn't afford it but my love for this team made me say "Eff it" and decided to indulge in getting those tickets and enjoy being a "season ticket holder" for a short while. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

I will say this though, the people who I really feel bad for are the people who had "front row seats" for the first few years of the stadium only to have those "loge" seats added in front of them after Snyder took over.

Part of the allure of club seats at the beginning was simply their availability. Pay the extra bucks and you could bypass the 100,000 person waiting list for season tickets. As the myth of the waiting list became tarnished and tickets became easier and easier to get, club seat holders might begin to feel like suckers for paying out all that cash. So the Redskins need to do more for them. Hence the Six Flags party.

For those who have the money, club seats have a lot more to offer than other GA seats in the stadium. You only listed a few.

• I think the club seats are the best seats in the stadium for watching the game. High enough to get an aerial view but much closer than the upper deck.
  • Clean and plentiful bathrooms
  • Far superior food
  • Restaurants for before and after the game.
  • Cigar Bar if you are into that
  • Bars for buying drinks
  • Waiter service at your seat
  • Wider seats with cup holders
  • Cushioned seats with the "right" payment
  • Protection before and after the game from excessive heat or cold
  • An escalator and elevator to your seats
  • Leather chairs and flat screen TVs if you want to watch inside
  • Guaranteed parking pass near the stadium (I think this is true)
  • Visits with the cheerleaders and former Redskins
  • A lot fewer "stupid" drunks and fights
  • I'm sure I'm forgetting a few

It may not be for you or me, but there is some increased value to those seats.

As to those who feel we unfairly dump on you for being a whine and cheeser....it's a valid stereotype. You may not fall in the category but an overwhelming majority of premium seat fans fall into the whine and cheese category.

If you are a responsible die hard Skins fan, rest assured, none of us are pointing our fingers at you.

[*]A lot fewer "stupid" drunks and fights

This one just reminded me of a funny one during the season last year. During the Giants game, we had a drunk Giants fan who fell out of the glass box suite behind club level, because he was leaning out too far to argue with the fans below. He was promptly tossed out by security. It made my day though, watching this tool drop from the box, into the top row of club. :D

Archived