Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six Flags event for "Premium" Season Ticket Holders...No RESPECT?

Robsk1ns

I'm more on Dan T's side in the opinion that the club level is way overpriced, having just departed after 10 years there. Is it not possible to get mixed drinks on the main levels? Far superior food? You have to be kidding. Restaurants? Yeah, a Hooters with a limited menu. Waiter service? Admittedly efficient, but it doesn't help when the guy taking an order is standing in front of you as you're trying to watch the game. Leather chairs with flat screens to watch the game? Isn't that what the seats in the stadium are for. It is nice to get there early to watch the 1 pm game if the Skins are playing at 4 (or watch the late games after an early game), but all the TVs around the concourse seem to show the same damn game instead of a variety.

I'm sure it made club seat owners really happy when the Skins were sending e-mails last year offering club seats for $150 for the non-divisional (and non-Steeler) game. About time Danny gave back something.

If you ever have the opportunity to get club seats at Philadelphia's stadium, you'll find its a more enjoyable experience.

I will say this though, the people who I really feel bad for are the people who had "front row seats" for the first few years of the stadium only to have those "loge" seats added in front of them after Snyder took over.
Those are called Dream Seats or Field Level Club Seats. The loge area is in the upper suite level.
Part of the allure of club seats at the beginning was simply their availability. Pay the extra bucks and you could bypass the 100,000 person waiting list for season tickets. As the myth of the waiting list became tarnished and tickets became easier and easier to get, club seat holders might begin to feel like suckers for paying out all that cash. So the Redskins need to do more for them. Hence the Six Flags party.
The price was a hell of a lot more reasonable back in the day. You could get a ten year contract for end zone clubs for $995 each. That's the entire season, including all taxes. $995. That's cheaper that current lower level GAs.
If you ever have the opportunity to get club seats at Philadelphia's stadium, you'll find its a more enjoyable experience.
I haven't done the club at the Linc, but I tried the club at Qwest, and it was nothing great. Our club is nicer.

The price was a hell of a lot more reasonable back in the day. You could get a ten year contract for end zone clubs for $995 each. That's the entire season, including all taxes. $995. That's cheaper that current lower level GAs.

Can you imagine wanting to renew after that contract was up and the price essentially being triple what it was?

Can you imagine wanting to renew after that contract was up and the price essentially being triple what it was?
I think that is a major contributor to the current problem in the club. Endzone seats are now $2950 each compared to $995 in '97-'99. Plus now you have the escalation clause, which didn't exist before. But when you finally say :wtf: and get your check book out and you're ready to pay, you learn taxes are added to that - whereas before, they were included. :doh:

No wonder nobody wants to re-up.

You can thank me (a PA resident) and all the other PA taxpayers for heavily subsidizing the high quality club seats at the Linc not to mention all the personal seat licenses that were bought for those premium seats. JKC received minimal tax breaks and some roads and sewer lines only....and no personal seat licenses. FedEx Field was built almost entirely with private funds.

You're comparing apples and oranges. The Linc is also much newer.

Look, I'm not defending Danny on the Club seats. In fact, I think he is learning that he has overpriced his premium seats and is having trouble filling all those seats, especially with a mediocre team in the middle of a recession. I certainly cannot afford them. But there are people with disposable income far higher than me who do buy them....so there must be some additional value for 20-30,000 people. If I earned $250,000 or more per year....I'd trade my upper deck seats for club seats.

That reminds me.....I need to go play the Lotto tomorrow......:silly:

I think that is a major contributor to the current problem in the club. Endzone seats are now $2950 each. Plus the escalation clause, which didn't exist before. But when you finally say :wtf: and get your check book out and you're ready to pay, you learn taxes are added to that - where as before, they were included. :doh:

No wonder nobody wants to re-up.

What worries me is if Danny don't get his slice out of the premium seats, he may increase the GA seat prices. I want those rich MFs to start buying those premium seats!!:evilg:

But there are people with disposable income far higher than me who do buy them....so there must be some additional value for 20-30,000 people. If I earned $250,000 or more per year....I'd trade my upper deck seats for club seats.

It would be interesting to know what was the breakdown of individual versus corporate ownership of the club seats when the joint opened in '97 as compared to what it is now.........and also just how many club seats are presently available.

Scruffy, or anyone else who may have been up on the club level in 1997: I'm just trying to get a picture of what the level was like that first year. I know it wasn't enclosed. So......did it still have the nice tile flooring? What about the carpeting? Big leather chairs and TVs?

Reason I ask is because I remember quite a few of the games that year were rainy affairs and I'm trying to picture water getting on that nice stuff.

Scruffy, or anyone else who may have been up on the club level in 1997: I'm just trying to get a picture of what the level was like that first year. I know it wasn't enclosed. So......did it still have the nice tile flooring? What about the carpeting? Big leather chairs and TVs?

Reason I ask is because I remember quite a few of the games that year were rainy affairs and I'm trying to picture water getting on that nice stuff.

The restaurants were all enclosed and nice, and there was an enclosed lounge. It was just the concourse that was not enclosed. Cement floors. There were TVs, but no carpeting, no leather chairs except in the lounge and humidor, as I remember. And no pre-season games (the stadium wasn't ready in time)! We were never told we'd get these things anyway, so nobody missed them. At least I didn't. I was just happy to have my season tickets. :)

I cannot afford season tickets in the nosebleed, section much less down in the expensive part. If you can afford the expensive seats good for you and all the perks that go with it. When i do go to a game i enjoy it just as much; no sweat off my back.

Noone has posted this yet so here goes

I got the invite for the event with ticket validation code and ordered my tickets and printed them today.

However I am not a season ticket holder, I just had my name called this year and I am waiting for general admission tickets from the ticket office.

Noone in my family nor myself owns club level seats, I did purchase club level seats 1 time during regular season from the skins when they sold them for like 125 a seat to the rams game.

Can anyone explain why i got the invite? Did any other ticket waiting list members get it?

Noone has posted this yet so here goes

I got the invite for the event with ticket validation code and ordered my tickets and printed them today.

However I am not a season ticket holder, I just had my name called this year and I am waiting for general admission tickets from the ticket office.

Noone in my family nor myself owns club level seats, I did purchase club level seats 1 time during regular season from the skins when they sold them for like 125 a seat to the rams game.

Can anyone explain why i got the invite? Did any other ticket waiting list members get it?

:munchout:

I spend my money on ribeye for the cattle in the parking lot, unlike you snobs in the Club sippin' your Remy and eating your crab balls. :saber:

I not worried about you low Brow people who reside as mere common folks. I will enjoy my free Wine and Cheese and the Leather sofas and Flat Screen TV's while you schlubs in the Upper Level get inidated with cigarette smoke and lazy drunkards.

th_MrBurns.jpg

I not worried about you low Brow people who reside as mere common folks. I will enjoy my free Wine and Cheese and the Leather sofas and Flat Screen TV's while you schlubs in the Upper Level get inidated with cigarette smoke and lazy drunkards.

th_MrBurns.jpg

Hey man.... you got a smoke? :whoknows:

oh yeah.

Whine and cheese bastage! I lovin' me some low brow lifestyle you know how i roll...

Hey man.... you got a smoke? :whoknows:

oh yeah.

Whine and cheese bastage! I lovin' me some low brow lifestyle you know how i roll...

If I give you one opportunity to ditch the Upper Level.....boy you would follow faster than a Hebrew Slave following Moses!!!!!

Mark nailed it.

It really wasn't very nice so I don't think I took any pictures of the interior. All my pictures from that season were just the view of the field from our seats.

Like Mark, I didn't really know what I was missing at the time so I didn't complain about it. The only thing that I seem to recall being ticked about was the lack of waiter service (boy that does sound wine and cheese doesn't it?) that first season. I seem to recall that they promoted the whole "waiter service at your seats" from the start but that first season they didn't have any folks really walking around taking orders and that did bother me because I thought that it was part of what I was paying 2K a seat for.

Archived