Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whoopie Pies

MissU28

are you telling me you don't know what fluff is either?

Culinarily speaking, it would be whipped egg whites - but when you're talking about refined, processed, chemical-filled junk food like this, it's most likely a "mystery ingredient", rather than whipped egg whites.

Chantilly....NOVA

And I flew:silly:

moved out in '07 mainly to be w/ my boyfriend (was a marine)

You did an awesome job of making me look stupid, thank you lol :nana:

And I read the article, I will try to make them some time, even though ya boy has trouble in the kitchen LMAO...

Those look ****ing good. Now I want one. Where can I find them in NY, In Flames?

I doubt they'll match the greatness of Butter Crunch cookies though, which I'm still having a tough time finding fresh up here. I get the feeling that the only place I can find them is in Baltimore. :(

Mostly in a local (Northeast) supermarket called Price Chopper. I don't think they go that far down to Va. Some other specialty bakeries make them. The Wal-Mart up here sells them, but they taste a little different from the real thing.

Sorry, did not see you are in Manhattan, even though, i don't think there are any Price Choppers there either.

you can order them at http://www.wickedwhoopies.com/

They have red velvet ones!!!!! I need to try those. I've had peanut butter ones before, not as good as the classic.

They have sold "ghetto" whoopie pies at Costco (in VA) before. Definitely not the same as they are freshly made in New England, but a substitute when you can't make it up there.

lmao, "ghetto" whoopie pies. I just posted that they sell them at the walmart up here, but don't taste the same. I guess ghetto is a pretty accurate, albeit funny as hell, word to use for them, lol.

MMMMMMMMMMMM the delectable goodness. If you have spent some time in New England, I would hope you know what whoopie pies are.

The best ones I ever had were at this lighthouse restaurant in Portland, Maine.

My mom ordered some from a lady that makes them up there that were amazing....my favorite were the oatmeal and the chocolate with peanut butter filling :drool:

The pies look like knock off Little Debbies.
they are 20 eleventy billion times better....its actually the other way around.

yeah, dude, nothing- and I mean NOTHING- beats a homemade whoopie pie. And I LOVE lil debbie swiss rolls. But they definitely can't compare.

I made a batch over Christmas at my Grandma's....they were amazing, per usual. I like to color the filling with food coloring to fit my mood, too.

yeah, dude, nothing- and I mean NOTHING- beats a homemade whoopie pie. And I LOVE lil debbie swiss rolls. But they definitely can't compare.

I made a batch over Christmas at my Grandma's....they were amazing, per usual. I like to color the filling with food coloring to fit my mood, too.

My wife has been making them for 20 years. I don't eat alot of sugar, but those are definitely my "guilty pleasure"

Archived