Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Levi Jones Cut

DieHardSkins88

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/bengals-cut-levi-jones/

Do you guys think this could be the solution we have been looking for at RT? It got me thinking that maybe we could sign him to a cheap one year deal to prove he can still remain healthy (similiar to the D Hall deal), because im pretty sure he has been injured for the past couple of years. But, when he was healthy he was a dominant tackle. What do you all think?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/bengals-cut-levi-jones/

Do you guys think this could be the solution we have been looking for at RT? It got me thinking that maybe we could sign him to a cheap one year deal to prove he can still remain healthy (similiar to the D Hall deal), because im pretty sure he has been injured for the past couple of years. But, when he was healthy he was a dominant tackle. What do you all think?

Even if he is "healthy" is has soooo many chronic conditions. Rotoworld compared his body to a 30-something year old lineman. No thanks.

I like our chances with Williams and Bridges MUCH better.

Someone just threw a half eaten Hershey bar onto the side of the highway, should we go back and get it?

Well, it depends on your situation. If you have plenty of cash, are healthy, etc., the hershey bar certainly isn't worth the time and may seem downright disgusting. However, if you are homeless and starving, that same hershey bar might seem like a godsend.

So, which are the skins, the wealthy ones or the starving ones?

:cool2:

Well, it depends on your situation. If you have plenty of cash, are healthy, etc., the hershey bar certainly isn't worth the time and may seem downright disgusting. However, if you are homeless and starving, that same hershey bar might seem like a godsend.

So, which are the skins, the wealthy ones or the starving ones?

:cool2:

So you're saying the Cowboys should sign him? ;)

I'm getting nullified about this whole situation. I don't like the Mike Williams pickup, but I don't think Levi Jones will be in a much better position.

I can't wait til training camp so I can actually see what we have on the field.

I really wasn't crazy about the Williams pickup either Thinking, but he is cheap and there is nothing to lose.

But after reading daily reports on him, he is doing great. Has tremendous footwork for a linemen, especially one his size. He is getting into great shape and is a mamouth. If Zorn is complementing him, it must be good given his critical track record.

I mean it can't hurt, but we are slowly filling up our OL depth with former NFL busts

I wouldn't necessarily say that he is a bust, considering he was a pro bowler.

However that doesn't change the fact that he is a HUGE injury risk and we already have some guys like that. With the types of injuries he has (chronic) I woud be hesatant to do more than bring him in for a work out just as a sanity check, prior to saying pass. If he impresses then maybe go to the next step.

Also , the leg injury sounds like it still needs to be addressed and he would be ready to contribute for some time, unless I misunderstood that part.

I wouldn't necessarily say that he is a bust, considering he was a pro bowler.

However that doesn't change the fact that he is a HUGE injury risk and we already have some guys like that. With the types of injuries he has (chronic) I woud be hesatant to do more than bring him in for a work out just as a sanity check, prior to saying pass. If he impresses then maybe go to the next step.

Also , the leg injury sounds like it still needs to be addressed and he would be ready to contribute for some time, unless I misunderstood that part.

I understand he made the pro bowl, but wouldnt a team expect more from the 10th overall pick in 2002 than just a pro bowl appearance? Consistency and durability would be nice and he doesnt offer that at this point.

I really wasn't crazy about the Williams pickup either Thinking, but he is cheap and there is nothing to lose.

But after reading daily reports on him, he is doing great. Has tremendous footwork for a linemen, especially one his size. He is getting into great shape and is a mamouth. If Zorn is complementing him, it must be good given his critical track record.

Well, I'll say this. The James signing had me excited last year, but his knee hadn't recovered yet. With the Williams signing, I got a similar feeling when we heard about his back and him not being down to size yet.

But if he stays on schedule and makes the roster and doesn't need to be inactive because he's recovering from injury, then maybe I'll have a more positive outlook on him.

The thing I'm cautious about is that we're not hearing too many negative reports about anybody. I'm always a bit cautious about praise - especially praise of a player I haven't seen too much of. If he's dominating guys in the preseason, I'll be happy and I'll think our RT problem is solved. Until then, I'm skeptical.

Archived